Please Help, Thanks in Advance

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help, Thanks in Advance

I need help figuring out somethings

What are spark plugs and what do they do?

What is seafoam and what does it do?

Are there any other small things that i should check in my car to make sure its running smoothest possible?

Is there way to check if seat heater is broken? and can i get it fixed?

one of the windows is acting a little weird what should i do?

Synthetic or Regular? (My first oil change)

Thank you everybody

I love Acuras and Acurazine
Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Damn bro you need serious help.

spark plugs oops sorry

spark plugs creat a spark to burn fuel when mixture of air and fuel is compressed in engine cylinder to move your car.

Seafoam is a flammable chemical mixture and is used to clean any carbon deposits inside the engine with taking everything apart. Be carefull when doing this. there is DIY for this somewhere in 1G TL forum.

Use premium fuel for smoothness and power, do oil changes on time.

Can't say anything about seat heater because I don't have it in my TL.

All TL's windows act same. Explain and get the solution.

I don't care regular or synthetic, I change oil every 3000 miles.

You are welcome.

I love Acura and Acurazine too.

For other AZ members--> If I said anything wrong or missing something please fell free to correct it out.

Last edited by tmnhs81; 01-17-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:36 PM
98 3.2 Flamenco Black

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Every 6K, add fuel system cleaner.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tmnhs81
Damn bro you need serious help.

spark plugs oops sorry

spark plugs creat a spark to burn fuel when mixture of air and fuel is compressed in engine cylinder to move your car.

Seafoam is a flammable chemical mixture and is used to clean any carbon deposits inside the engine with taking everything apart. Be carefull when doing this. there is DIY for this somewhere in 1G TL forum.

Use premium fuel for smoothness and power, do oil changes on time.

Can't say anything about seat heater because I don't have it in my TL.

All TL's windows act same. Explain and get the solution.

I don't care regular or synthetic, I change oil every 3000 miles.

You are welcome.

I love Acura and Acurazine too.

For other AZ members--> If I said anything wrong or missing something please fell free to correct it out.

Thanks bro, well driver side window kind of shakes and then goes up i just dont want it to get worst.

So why people change spark plugs, like people have told me you get more horsepower when you get certain spark plugs in chevy colbalt...im not looking for more power but i do want to have quality stuff. When do i kno they need changing ?

I already use premium fuel all the time.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AATSX
Thanks bro, well driver side window kind of shakes and then goes up i just dont want it to get worst.

So why people change spark plugs, like people have told me you get more horsepower when you get certain spark plugs in chevy colbalt...im not looking for more power but i do want to have quality stuff. When do i kno they need changing ?

I already use premium fuel all the time.
Spark plugs do not give you more power, thats just what chevy owners say to feel like they have a purpose in life. But if they electrode is worn, corroded, etc, the car wont be running as well as it should. Fresh plugs are always a plus.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
spark plugs AS WELL AS spark plug wires (they're actually called ignition wires) help give your car a powerful start. when I mean powerful, i just mean that it will crank/start your car without struggling or hesitating. if your car has never seen new spark plugs since its birth, i would suggest you change it out (you can get them from auto zone, napa, o'reilly for about 1-3 dollars each?? your car has 6 spark plugs so buy 6 of them. also have the cashier put in the correct gaps on the spark plug for you. some do it free).

while you're at it, go ahead and change out your ignition wires. they're fairly cheap too and very easy to replace. you take out the old wires and replace them with new ones lol THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: be sure to replace them one at a time so you dont mix up the wiring! each wire is a different length so its not so hard to mix them up but it is possible if you're not paying attn.

if you want some horsepower, go ahead and change out your air filter. a clean filter helps your engine breath in clean air, which in turn helps your car feel stronger...a bit.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLBaller
spark plugs AS WELL AS spark plug wires (they're actually called ignition wires) help give your car a powerful start. when I mean powerful, i just mean that it will crank/start your car without struggling or hesitating. if your car has never seen new spark plugs since its birth, i would suggest you change it out (you can get them from auto zone, napa, o'reilly for about 1-3 dollars each?? your car has 6 spark plugs so buy 6 of them. also have the cashier put in the correct gaps on the spark plug for you. some do it free).

while you're at it, go ahead and change out your ignition wires. they're fairly cheap too and very easy to replace. you take out the old wires and replace them with new ones lol THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: be sure to replace them one at a time so you dont mix up the wiring! each wire is a different length so its not so hard to mix them up but it is possible if you're not paying attn.

if you want some horsepower, go ahead and change out your air filter. a clean filter helps your engine breath in clean air, which in turn helps your car feel stronger...a bit.
Thanks TBaller lol, appreciate it man. I will change those spark plugs, is the cabin filter in glove compartment?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 85 Posts
We 1st gen TL don't have cabin filter. We have engine air filter that you can change out that is located under the hood. Changing that improve your mpg also.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd say you should probably change your muffler bearings while your at it. Just my
Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 5point9Limited
I'd say you should probably change your muffler bearings while your at it. Just my

lmao
Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Instructor

lmao
why is it funny?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by main70072
We 1st gen TL don't have cabin filter. We have engine air filter that you can change out that is located under the hood. Changing that improve your mpg also.
oh i see. im used to the chevys and gm crap like they cabin filters on almost everything.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Safety Car

why is it funny?
go figure..lol

did you checked your headlight fluid, you maybe low on it too.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
why is it funny?
Because muffler bearings don't exist
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Instructor

Hehehe.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Instructor

go figure..lol

did you checked your headlight fluid, you maybe low on it too.

go figure ureself just so u kno im 18 this is my first car and im not a pro y u gotta give a hard time u got nothin better to do...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Safety Car

go figure ureself just so u kno im 18 this is my first car and im not a pro y u gotta give a hard time u got nothin better to do...
Damn bro why you getting mad. It was a "warm welcome" from a fellow Aziner. I was just messing with you..

I know first car is exciting, and you got a better one. My first car was a crappy civic.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Instructor

Waa! We will help you with whatever you need, at a price! Just some friendly ball busting!

Learning to do your own maintenance will save lots of $$$ and is satisfying.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 5point9Limited
Waa! We will help you with whatever you need, at a price! Just some friendly ball busting!

Learning to do your own maintenance will save lots of $$$ and is satisfying.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
DIY maintainance FTW
Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Damn bro why you getting mad. It was a "warm welcome" from a fellow Aziner. I was just messing with you..

I know first car is exciting, and you got a better one. My first car was a crappy civic.
Alright, whatever man I worked in damn shitty Chevy dealership and it really messed up. Anyways i guess it was a given lol. Thanks for help
Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by TLBaller

the 3.2 doesn't have iginition wires... we use coil packs... so all the OP will need are new spark plugs...