Please help me. I think my car is possessed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 05:25 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please help me. I think my car is possessed!!

Guys. I need help. I seriously think my car is possessed. This problem has been happening for the last couple of weekends since I don't drive on weekdays. But anyways, after driving for a while, the A/C compressor would cycle, but a split second before that, I hear a click, then the ABS light would turn on. If I'm driving at night, all the lights, including the interior dash illumintaions and headlights, would go insanely dim, like it was gonna die on me then back to normal again. All mechanical functions are working properly during this whole ordeal. Then the ABS light would turn off after about 5 seconds and everything was normal until the next A/C compressor cycle, that's when the whole thing starts all over again.

So...what's the deal?? Are the A/C compressor and ABS system somehow connected?? BTW, the ABS light is the only light that will turn on, all other warning lights don't light up. Any ideas??????
Old 10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like an electrical problem.. i think.. try checking the fuses.. *shrug*
Old 10-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Bad alternator?
Old 10-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last car was posessed, but it wasn't an Acura. I left if for 2 years thinking it was interesting the way the dash lights would selectively and randomly ding at me at the most meaningful seeming times, and only when i was the driver.
Yours sounds posessed in a less fun way, try basting the interior with garlic and see if the demon leaves your air compressor.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Instructor

My locks like to click themselves often. So mine's possessed in that sense.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Broyles, only when they are locked, or when they are unlocked too, if its only when they are locked I believe I know the problem, I need a parts diagram of the door lock actuator though to figure out the part number to be replaced.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

lol... possesed... ... anyways... have you done any electrical work on your car since you have had it... it may be a wire touching somewhere where you have messed with before... i had that problem and found out that behind my aftermarket HU a wire i had put the black electrical tape over was uncovered... tape must of slipped off a bit and was touching metal... VERY BAD THING!!! still no fuses went out just every time i hit a bump or the car shook a bit the lights would flicker... problem fixed though... I wouldn't know what the SRS thingy is but i know its the little box behind the HU that some people say its the "Bose Amp" lol... My SRS light is also on but i think its because of my instrument panel that is messed up/not properly connected...

Anyways... check for any stripped wires or anything you have done to the car prior to this incedent... Your car isn't possesed... but i can say my car is JINX... still, you can always have a Father/Pastor bless your interior...
Old 10-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by UnsanePyro
Broyles, only when they are locked, or when they are unlocked too, if its only when they are locked I believe I know the problem, I need a parts diagram of the door lock actuator though to figure out the part number to be replaced.

I have the same problem as well, i thought it was my alarm, and i was about too run out and get a new one, so if possible let us know, ill give it a shot and get it fixed...
Old 10-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WolfpackBill
Guys. I need help. I seriously think my car is possessed. This problem has been happening for the last couple of weekends since I don't drive on weekdays. But anyways, after driving for a while, the A/C compressor would cycle, but a split second before that, I hear a click, then the ABS light would turn on. If I'm driving at night, all the lights, including the interior dash illumintaions and headlights, would go insanely dim, like it was gonna die on me then back to normal again. All mechanical functions are working properly during this whole ordeal. Then the ABS light would turn off after about 5 seconds and everything was normal until the next A/C compressor cycle, that's when the whole thing starts all over again.

So...what's the deal?? Are the A/C compressor and ABS system somehow connected?? BTW, the ABS light is the only light that will turn on, all other warning lights don't light up. Any ideas??????
Definately sounds like some kind of electrical problem. Could be a short somewhere, that might be damned hard to find though. I don't envy you having this kind of problem!!! But I would start with the fuses as stated earlier.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Cornflake
Definately sounds like some kind of electrical problem. Could be a short somewhere, that might be damned hard to find though. I don't envy you having this kind of problem!!! But I would start with the fuses as stated earlier.
after you check you fuses and if they are all fine... check that last mod (if you have done any electrical mods) you've done, maybe a wire is touching somewhere... good luck on finding the problem...

My lights dim... but only when the bass hits... might just need a capacitor in my situation...
Old 10-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spooky3ce
after you check you fuses and if they are all fine... check that last mod (if you have done any electrical mods) you've done, maybe a wire is touching somewhere... good luck on finding the problem...

My lights dim... but only when the bass hits... might just need a capacitor in my situation...
Spooky, you definately need a cap. I have a 1 Farad cap on my car, helps a lot witht the bass and the ill effects on the rest of the car!)
Old 10-18-2004, 12:51 PM
TL no more!

Thanks for the input guys!! I've checked the appropriate fuses and they are all fine. I guess the problem is with my radar hardwirings. I hardwired my radar 3 weeks ago and that may have screwed something up. But the weird thing is that once I unplugged the radar and the car still does the things I mentioned above. I'll take it out this weekend and see how that goes.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:05 PM
TL no more!

I totally forgot about this thread. I originally put the radar right on the top of the dash board and it caused the ABS light to turn on, right? Well, I rounted the wire to the headliner and placed the radar right below the rearview mirror and the problem went away. I was reading the shop manual and found that the ABS light can turn on when there're too much interference so I'm guessing that's the problem. Everything is functioning find now. Thanks for all the advise.

Yeah...this is one of those weird problems.