This isn't happening

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 12:28 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't happening

Well, 6 days before I go to school...thanks to an ******* cop, I now have 6 points on my license, all for braking when he was 3 inches away from my bumper. This really sucks. I am gonna punch a hole through my wall.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Lord Ubber

r u saying he was tailgating?
Well.. R u going to fight it?
Old 08-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whoa...6 points?! shouldn't your license be suspended?
Old 08-16-2003, 01:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Can you tell us what happened? Perhaps you can challenge it.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:20 AM
The Acura Tranny Killer

If he was 3 inches away from your back bumper and you can proof that by using a passenger as a witness.. HE's the one breaking the law, not you...

Also, you can probably get a lot, if not all, of those points removed if you go to traffic school... find a comedy one at that and you'll have fun doing it.

Tracer
Old 08-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Banned

weird, I've never heard of the point system around where I live....
Old 08-16-2003, 09:19 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Well, here goes....

I am running late for a movie. The speed limit on the road is 45, and I am going probably like 65. I pass a few cars legally. Then, this van pulls out on me. Now instead os clamming on my brakes, I just speed up and pass it. Since I sped up, I am probably going around 70. I pass it legally, and slow down after I am in front(probably to like 55-60). Then I catch up to a hooked up 'vette. I back off a little bit, and he slows down like 5-10 mph. Then he guns it. I just keep doing like 50-55. Then, next thing I know, there is this car behind me. He's getting closer and closer 'till I can barely see his headlights in my rear-view mirror. So, I'm like "What's this ******* doing?" So I tap the brakes to shake him off, and I get lit up. It's friggin cop. Immediately, he shines that f-in ligh in my face and I pull over immediately. I do everything correctly. He comes up to my window, shining his flashlight in my face, in addition to that other damned one. The conversation goes like this:

Officer: What the hell whas that **** back there, tryin' to make me almost hit you or somethin?!!
Me: Well, you were following awefully close, so I thought I would try to get you to back up.
Officer: License, registration, insurance.
Me: (I give him all the stuff)
Officer: Where ya headed?
Me: I'm running late for a movie.
Officer: You have any points on your license?
Me: No sir.
Officer: You're gonna have some now. (He goes back to his car).
*Now, 15-20 minutes later(literally), he comes back(he was probably trying to make me late for the movie)*
Officer: Well, since you are a new driver, I am gonna cut oyu a break.
Me: Ok
Officer: If I gave you a speeding ticket back there, you would've gotten a $250 fine, and more points. So, I am giving you this instead. (It's a ticket for illegal passing or something: 4 points).
Officer: And this is for that other thing (the braking). (Careless driving: 2 points)
Officer: I suggest you pay the fine and don't go to court because I am already cutting you a break. You won't get any there.
Officer: Ok
Me: Thank you. I didn't mean to put your life into any danger officer.
Officer: Have a nice evening.

Now, he couldn't have clocked me going 35 over the speed limit. I might have approached that earlier in my trip, mut I slowed down cause there were cars and such. He clocked me proabbly before I passed the van or maybe afterwards. Is there a chance he got the 'vette and not me? The 'vette is the one who gunned it 'cause he thought it would be "cool"... And another thing, him being right on my ass is totally uncalled for. What would you do in that situation (if it werern't a cop)? This is bull****. And then to curse at me when he came to my window?

What do you guys think? I think I am gonna contact my moms lawyer and a friend of ours who is a superior court judge.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:54 AM
ballin and baldin

what town was this? and what road?

thats bull****. he is telling you not to go to court because they just want your money. they really dont care about the points.

i have an idea for you. has worked many times for me.

take it to court talk to the prosecutor. tell them the story. they will give you this $100. fine, its called driving too fast for conditions or something like that. it takes your points away. now you might have to get 2 of them for the 2 tickets. but if you take it to court i dont see them not dropping it down. if you need more help let me know
Old 08-16-2003, 02:18 PM
giggity giggity giggity

This was in Atco.

My friend has like 3 tickets, and some points. His last ticket (4th), he talked to the prosecutor and told him that he had no points prior. The prosecutor let him off, no points, just the fine.

Mine is gonna be 6 points and $156 total.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:53 PM
ballin and baldin

atco? thats the town that got you? you were going to that atco cineplex place?

go to that court and you WILL have the points dropped. you may have to pay a little more, but **** it its better than the points
Old 08-17-2003, 05:02 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally posted by AC_DADDY
atco? thats the town that got you? you were going to that atco cineplex place?

go to that court and you WILL have the points dropped. you may have to pay a little more, but **** it its better than the points

That's where I was goin. You had experience with them? I dont care about paying a little more, I just can't get the points...
Old 08-18-2003, 03:57 PM
ballin and baldin

yeah i was out in the atco woods and was drinking, quadin', and 4-wheelin' when the cops came back. gave us tresspassing, littering, and something called "tread lightly" (which is some environmental type ticket that tries to keep you from tearing up the woods and such)

took it to court and got them all dropped because i didnt have a vehicle back there and i already had to pay to get my quad outta the impound. i guess they felt bad for me????
Old 08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
Racer

man in fresno i got i a speeding ticket for doing 80 and in court they waved the fine and just made me go to traffic school and it cost 20 bucks see if u can go to traffic school
Old 08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Well, you were following awefully close, so I thought I would try to get you to back up."

As a lawyer I would like to give everyone on here free legal advice....SHUT THE FIICK UP WHEN TALKING TO THE POLICE.

Don't tell them anything, just take your ticket, pay one of us lawyer leeches about $125 and your ticket will likely be dimissed. Instead of saying "I though I would get you to back up" next time try,
"I dunno officer, I was paying close attention to traffic and applied my breaks as needed"

You really can't get around not being a smart ass with cops because to them we are all *******s who lie to them anyway. So if you dont tell them what they want to hear they automatically assume you are either lying or being a smart ass.

Anyway, always fight those tickets, either the cop will not show up, or as your attorney, I would demand a jury trial, and the procecutor will plea it out or drop it because the docket is full of misdeamors and felonies, and they dont have resources for traffic ticket trials
Old 08-19-2003, 07:03 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally posted by oulaw29
"Well, you were following awefully close, so I thought I would try to get you to back up."
I actually didnt say that to the officer. Thats what I was thinking, but I was nervous so it came out like "you...fast...close...me...braked..." Anywho, my lawyer says the careless driving carries no points, although I thought it said 2 on their website. I 'll probably get that one dropped...the other he's gonna help me out with. My court date is a week from my move-in day at college, which is this thurs, 8-21. My lawyer is gonna try and move the court date back so I dont have to run home the first week of classes for the appearance. Thanks for the help guys. You've made me feel soo much better.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:00 PM
4th Gear

Let us know how it turns out. You may have to pay some fines, but as long as you get the points dropped, I would be happy.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:37 PM
giggity giggity giggity

UPDATE

Well, I went to court. I had to drive home from school and miss my most important class. I am the second person to talk to the prosecutor. There are like 5 cops in the room with us, along with 2 lawyers taking care of some things, one cop manning the door, and one gathering people. The police officers in the room didn't help my dad's and my confidence when talking to the prosecutor. I couldn't even tell him my story. He didn't want to hear it. He read the charges and I told him I didnt want any points, whatever it takes. He says the officer who pulled me over wasn't there that night, so he was gonna call him because "he didn't feel comfortable making a deal without the officer there." So he says he is gonna try and call. 2 minutes later, he says that "the officer says he wants to be here, so you are going to have to come back at another time." That's crap, he probably couldn't get a hold of the officer. I am not too happy about this. My dad tries to say one more thing to the prosecutor, but the officer manning the door wouldnt let us go in. I go before the judge, and he says blah blah blah and the charges against me. He wants my schedule, so I tell it to him. He says that there is no court when I am available. I tell him I am away at college, so I am not exactly close to him. And then he flips on me saying that I "the charges against me are (severe) and carry 6 points. You have what we call a 'cinderella' license. If you get 6 or more points against you before I turn 19, then my license gets suspended and my insurance is a minimum of $3000 a year." (I don't have a cinderella license because I was born in 1984, but I didnt want to contradict the judge). I tell him "I understand that" and say "I will come whenever you need me to your honor." He gives me a date and tells me that I can always change it. So, now I have to go back to court. This time, however, I am bringing my lawyer, and I aint f-in around. Oh no, I am NOT losing this battle over complete and utter horsesh!t.

What really bugs me is that like 4 people before me are fined like $4,000 each for DUI, and the guy right before me is a repeat offender for drug charges, yet me, who has rediculous tickets that the prosecutor knows are crap, wont let me bargain. God, I hate the "un"justice system...