Problem with starting the car. Help Help Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 09:13 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with starting the car. Help Help Help

Hello everyone i am new at this. Please help me out with a problem I just encounter with my 98 RL. I didnt realized that using the red key(learning key) would make your other keys malfuction if you insert it in the ignition. I didnt know that you werent suppose to use the red key until i read the owners manual.

So the problem is now, i cant even start the car with the master key. The car just makes that starting sound but the car itself wont start anymore. I read the manual and it states that if you use the red key it wil make all other keys unworkable anymore. So now im stuck. Basically the car is immobilzed so it wont start anymore.

Is there a way where we can reset or do somthing to make the key work agian. b/c now im stuck at home and no car to go anywhere.

It told me to call the dealer but the dealer closes already. And i dont wanna have to pay big bucks for it. Maybe you RL fanactics can help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
HTML Code:
/forums/showthread.php?t=23600
Old 12-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry about the above, won't let me post the hyperlink.
Search for "red key" on ***** *****

Mod Edit: Sorry, we don't allow posters to direct people to competing sites.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:53 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by blaser
Sorry about the above, won't let me post the hyperlink.
Search for "red key" on ***** *****

Mod Edit: Sorry, we don't allow posters to direct people to competing sites.
hey blaser. thanks for trying to help out. can you give me the link to my email address. its sliklegend@gmail.com

i really need the help. my car wont start and i cant go anywhere. thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 07:53 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by legenesepimp
hey blaser. thanks for trying to help out. can you give me the link to my email address. its sliklegend@gmail.com

Ok.. thanks for the link blaser but I actually read it already with 3 hrs of late nite searching. So this is what i did. I actually went to the dealer and they said it was fixable. So cost me total 189.99 with tax. That also included a new key as well. Also a complimentary inspection and a car wash and vacuum. So it wasnt as bad in the dealer. The price was reasonable and got it done today.

Man finally got the car to run. I am so happy now.

If this would to ever happen to anyone else. Make sure you get a new key cut too, because the labor charge is included with the reprogram of the whole entire system including the new key cut. The key itself ran $45.

If you were to just go to the dealer and cut the key and recoded would cost u. Key ($45) and labor ($75) total would be 135. i got mine whole system reprogram and a new key cut as well for 189.99 and with all the complimentary.. So i think it wasnt as bad.

Thanks agian for those that help me.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:53 PM
4th Gear

Ok.. thanks for the link blaser but I actually read it already with 3 hrs of late nite searching. So this is what i did. I actually went to the dealer and they said it was fixable. So cost me total 189.99 with tax. That also included a new key as well. Also a complimentary inspection and a car wash and vacuum. So it wasnt as bad in the dealer. The price was reasonable and got it done today.

Man finally got the car to run. I am so happy now.

If this would to ever happen to anyone else. Make sure you get a new key cut too, because the labor charge is included with the reprogram of the whole entire system including the new key cut. The key itself ran $45.

If you were to just go to the dealer and cut the key and recoded would cost u. Key ($45) and labor ($75) total would be 135. i got mine whole system reprogram and a new key cut as well for 189.99 and with all the complimentary.. So i think it wasnt as bad.

Thanks agian for those that help me.