Starter Relay Location?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starter Relay Location?

2008 RDX won’t start, and I’m pretty sure it’s the starter relay, but I’m too dumb to figure out which one it is! Can anyone help??

Acura RDX (2006 ? 2008) ? fuse box diagram | Auto Genius
Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

Here's a diagram of the relays under the hood (near the bottom of the page)
https://www.justanswer.com/acura/7n3...placed-ac.html
Old 12-28-2017, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

2007 RDX Turbo Starting issue

Hi, which relay is for the starter and where is it located? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:51 AM
4th Gear

Not sure if you are still needing this info, but I found it and it is not in the engine compartment. My wife's car was having issues the last few days with starting. Sometimes it would start right up, other times it wont start at all and other times it would start but it would struggle. So i dived into this and started with the relay first, but it didn't help. I am now moving on to the ignition switch and keeping my fingers crossed.

The relay is located in the fuse panel under the drivers side dashboard. However, it is located on the top section, which you cannot see by looking at it from under the dashboard. On the side where the controls are for the mirrors, that section pulls out and off. Once removed you can see the top section of the fuse box. The relay is the black one on the right hand side. I have attached pictures.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:08 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you resolved it yet? I've been having start issues mainly in the morning and wondering if it is the relay? It sometimes happen in the middle of the day, but, mostly in the mornings. When I turn the car on, all the dash lights function but the starter wouldn't turn as-if a relay was not switching over to let the starter crank.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:47 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by eichenberg

Not sure if you are still needing this info, but I found it and it is not in the engine compartment. My wife's car was having issues the last few days with starting. Sometimes it would start right up, other times it wont start at all and other times it would start but it would struggle. So i dived into this and started with the relay first, but it didn't help. I am now moving on to the ignition switch and keeping my fingers crossed.

The relay is located in the fuse panel under the drivers side dashboard. However, it is located on the top section, which you cannot see by looking at it from under the dashboard. On the side where the controls are for the mirrors, that section pulls out and off. Once removed you can see the top section of the fuse box. The relay is the black one on the right hand side. I have attached pictures.
I have the same problem, did you figure out what the issue was?

Old 11-13-2023, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by eichenberg

did you figure out your wife’s car.. an if so is it an Acura MDX ?… “smile”
Old 11-16-2023, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Had this issue with my GF's car. It was a dead starter completely. It failed like it was a start relay but in reality the starter brushes were completely worn out. I made a post a bit back about the replacement and disassembly of the old relay