Side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side mirrors

Hello everyone I'm new here. Well I purchased an RDX a few weeks ago I love it. I had it detailed the other day and noticed both my side mirrors were scuffed up. Not the paint just the glass where you view the objects from side to side. I don't know if the guy at the detail shop did this or not. I did not see the scuff / scratches when I picked up the car and I had it for a day before i noticed anything. Anyway is it hard to change those glass mirrors? Can the glass portion be replaced or do I have to go in from the inside through the door. I don't want to take it back to the dealer if they have to take apart my door for a scratched mirror. Any help would be great.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Billy Carriere
Hello everyone I'm new here. Well I purchased an RDX a few weeks ago I love it. I had it detailed the other day and noticed both my side mirrors were scuffed up. Not the paint just the glass where you view the objects from side to side. I don't know if the guy at the detail shop did this or not. I did not see the scuff / scratches when I picked up the car and I had it for a day before i noticed anything. Anyway is it hard to change those glass mirrors? Can the glass portion be replaced or do I have to go in from the inside through the door. I don't want to take it back to the dealer if they have to take apart my door for a scratched mirror. Any help would be great.
Surprisingly, it's not too expensive to replace the side mirrors. I just looked it up. http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partloc...layCatalogid=0

Does the side mirror look "hazy" as if there's a film over it? Or does it look like it definitely has scratches. If you run your fingernails over the scratches, do you feel dips? If it's just "hazy", maybe the detailer didn't buff off the wax, polish, etc. You can try cleaning it off with an automotive glass cleaner. But if they are real scratches, I'd never bring my car back there to get detailed again...

Anyways, maybe someone around here knows how to replace the mirrors, now that you know how to get them.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Instructor

thanks for the post....i scratched up my mirrors last winter when i scraped them with an ice scraper. =(
Old 02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
3rd Gear

ya thanks for that post. They are scratches. I can only see them in certain light. I really don't know if it was him or not. can't really blame him everyone I know goes there and never a problem. OH Well. Thanks again.