J and R Performance's RDX ECU

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM
richard cranium

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
so i guess this is gonna go nowhere, something to eliminate the cel for an exhuast would be great and to lower the vtec change over is all that's needed. the hondata is great and reliable but is lacking for the exhuast mod's all of us have to keep the cel off. shawn from church said that 16psi is thr most we can run reliably, and hondata runs 15psi across the powerband.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^wait, why do you have CEL?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by IntegraType-S
Bumping. Does anyone know of a forum hrtuning is active on? Their website doesn't have updates. I guess no one close has tried to call j and r either.
he specifically said, when the time is right, he'll release.
I think he updates his facebook, but i dont have one.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:17 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by crxtype-r
so i guess this is gonna go nowhere, something to eliminate the cel for an exhuast would be great and to lower the vtec change over is all that's needed. the hondata is great and reliable but is lacking for the exhuast mod's all of us have to keep the cel off. shawn from church said that 16psi is thr most we can run reliably, and hondata runs 15psi across the powerband.
i think you might be misunderstood about whats needed to run more for the psi..

which is why more tuning is needed.. fuel,timing ect...
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (06-22-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
richard cranium

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i know whats required to run more boost thus the piggyback ecu or standalone ecu. tuning is the issue here obviously. that's if u want to run reliably otherwise just diconnect the wastegate and boost controlvalve and run full boost and blow it up but it will run good for a little bit
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM
j swapping mad man.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
update: New shop with awesome support is willing to build this with the MS3x for half the price of j and r. I have to email them a link to this thread and he will post more info. He has most of it figured out already but is going need feedback from us to cater to the RDX.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 AM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
update: New shop with awesome support is willing to build this with the MS3x for half the price of j and r. I have to email them a link to this thread and he will post more info. He has most of it figured out already but is going need feedback from us to cater to the RDX.
You want a Tuner who willing to communicate.
Can't wait when he come in & start discussion this topic.

BU
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I am going the AEM FIC route but still would like to see how this turns out.

Hopefully this tuner comes thru.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Hacking the RDX MCU

your friend , IntegraType-S, as me to chime in to the problem you guys are have with support with the RDX ECU. well there are Two different ways that we can attack this ECU so far as i come up with . both ideas still have to have a interface box to trick some of the sensor to work properly .

1- K-pro . the K-Pro unit has been used on the earlier DBW TSX and SI cars as a Piggy-Back system . which works well with the sensor, as there are the same to about 90% .

2 -MegaSquirt 3x . the MS3X unit is universal ECU Unit . now the i have seen the MS3X run a K style engine . the big problem is the VTC . As there is no code YET for the VTC CAM movement . now i see people put some nice power with the unit , without the VTC working the way it is meant to work . so it is possible to make it work as well.

Now come to the fun part . you still need to use the Stock ECU to run the Vehicle. for the Gauges, transmission , Anti-thief , and some of you to pass inspection . that is just some of the things that come to mind. so getting rid of the Stock ECU right know is going to be a problem at this time .

i have call one of the companies about a pass-thru harness that i will need to cut into than your harness. well we are looking at the pass-thru part $250.00 . then if we get the MS3X , depending on configuration , $550 for the parts to make the unit . then some odd and ends parts to trick the stock ecu about another $200. so a little shy of a $1000.00 in parts to get a proto-type running .

i am will to give you guys some of the tech data to get you up to speed . and let me be able to have you guys help me if you can chime in with info.

so let me know if you guys would like my help.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 PM
10th Gear

Talking Fic for the rdx

Originally Posted by JCRDX11
I am going the AEM FIC route but still would like to see how this turns out.

Hopefully this tuner comes thru.
i thought about the AEM FIC to be used on this project . If you were going to do such a thing . you would looking at the pass-thru harness , so not to cut you harness . then use the AEM FIC for a V8 engine . as it has a boost controller setup in the unit and software . Dual 0-5v mapping for the to MAP sensor you will need to trick to turn up the boost . you will be able to put bigger injectors , but still not control the timing though the unit . Due to the timing mark are the clocking of the engine . timing adjustment is done electronically off the clocking cam and crank stock timing cycle . we had a problem with that in the V6's we did . the answer we came up with was messing with the ECT voltage. that allowed us to have some control the timing. i like to see how it works out . please keep us informed .
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 AM
j swapping mad man.

Hey Don with the k-pro can we throw away the maf sensor
Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RPM SYSTEMS
i thought about the AEM FIC to be used on this project . If you were going to do such a thing . you would looking at the pass-thru harness , so not to cut you harness . then use the AEM FIC for a V8 engine . as it has a boost controller setup in the unit and software . Dual 0-5v mapping for the to MAP sensor you will need to trick to turn up the boost . you will be able to put bigger injectors , but still not control the timing though the unit . Due to the timing mark are the clocking of the engine . timing adjustment is done electronically off the clocking cam and crank stock timing cycle . we had a problem with that in the V6's we did . the answer we came up with was messing with the ECT voltage. that allowed us to have some control the timing. i like to see how it works out . please keep us informed .
I was advised by AEM TECH-

The F/IC is meant to be universal, so it should be able to work on just about any car. The main important difference in your case between the 1911 F/IC-6 and the 1930 F/IC-8 is in the MAF type. If your vehicle has either a MAP sensor or a voltage-type (0-5v) MAF, then the F/IC-6 will be perfect. If the vehicle has a frequency-type MAF, then you will need to use the F/IC-8.

Our RDX has voltage-type 0-5V MAF

I purchased the Boomslag plug and play harness so I don't need to hack my stock harness.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM
10th Gear

Talking RDX AEM FIC interface

well boomslang does not have a harness to work with the vehicle. unless just in the pass week boomslang cam up with a harness to make this work. your RDX has 2 MAP sensor and 1 MAF . the FIC 6 can not control a Boost solenoid as you RDX has and needs . so the 3 different 0-5v sensors you going to need to control are:

Turbocharge Boost Sensor - is a MAP sensor 1.7 bar
Intake Manifold sensor - is a MAP sensor 4 bar
Then the MAF sensor

Now you have to set up both "A 0-5v " and "B 0-5v" as well the MAF input to work together . i would like to see how you make out .
Old 09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
j swapping mad man.

Hey guys we need to come together to get this rolling. I have to know if majority wants k-pro or ms3x. I feel the cheaper route will be the ms3x and we can be set straight by don RPM Systems.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM
10th Gear

Talking Rdx hack

i am willing to try both ideas . if you guys me to go one way that a other then just let me know . i have been working on the VTC control with another group in Europe's Megasquirt groups for some answer to the VTC issues . as there are a lot of new cars that have the VTC type System.

some other new i found the pass thru harness for cheaper going thru aem dealer i know .
AEM ECU Patch/Extension Wiring Harness for the Acura RDX for 199.00

Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 PM
j swapping mad man.

So nobody wants this?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Don with the k-pro can we throw away the maf sensor
You would want to keep it as it plays a part in timing. It advances/retards timing according to what the intake temp is. but if its a race car, then yank it.

I am also interested in something coming out of this since other companies are just too pussy to do something. But I am only interested if this can be done with open source tuning with the OEM ecu. Kpro being 2nd.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM
j swapping mad man.

Originally Posted by windowlickingood
You would want to keep it as it plays a part in timing. It advances/retards timing according to what the intake temp is. but if its a race car, then yank it.

I am also interested in something coming out of this since other companies are just too pussy to do something. But I am only interested if this can be done with open source tuning with the OEM ecu. Kpro being 2nd.
Maf can go then use a IAT and map sensor.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Pro

well boomslang does not have a harness to work with the vehicle. unless just in the pass week boomslang cam up with a harness to make this work. your RDX has 2 MAP sensor and 1 MAF . the FIC 6 can not control a Boost solenoid as you RDX has and needs . so the 3 different 0-5v sensors you going to need to control are:

Turbocharge Boost Sensor - is a MAP sensor 1.7 bar
Intake Manifold sensor - is a MAP sensor 4 bar
Then the MAF sensor

Now you have to set up both "A 0-5v " and "B 0-5v" as well the MAF input to work together . i would like to see how you make out .
You was correct about this since the car did not even crank up with the harness on. It did cause it to throw all these codes.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM
10th Gear

Talking We can mke this happen

that is why i was here to help . not to harm anyone . i do the research so you guys don't have to spend money on things that will not work. just help me help you.

the RDX ecu is a very complex ecu . Kenihin put a lot of extra systems in play for dependability. which is causing more problem to take over the ecu. but man made the ecu so it can be solved. i think we the group can do this . if we put in a little energy we can make this happen .
BigHatch (09-18-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 07:47 PM
j swapping mad man.

Bumping this up.... is the interest gone?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM
10th Gear

it seems that the wind is all out of the sails . i will still work on the idea in my spare time . but it seems i am talk on def ears.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 AM

I bet the megasquirt3 would solve it.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Pro

Bumping this up.... is the interest gone?
Just to clarify things as I am jumping in and out of this thread.

$1000 to get the project started.

Do you need 10 people to confirm this project and deposit $100.00 each so we can get this started.

Once it is done and completed - it would be $900 each per unit for the people that had deposit the money to get this started?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
10th Gear

Talking

i am not asking for any money unless i am 90% sure i can make this work for you guys . i'm willing to help you guys out . I'll do the research you need to get the group the right answers . if we ( the group ) work together we can make this work. because if we dont do it no one will .

now to the topic at hand . yes the MSX3 can do the job to a point . still have to deal with some of the interface issues with the three air monitoring devices . the RDX has two MAP sensors and a MASS AIR . i would have to design a extra circuit to clamp the voltage at the right points . so that the computer/ecu does not freak out. also think i found a way to control the VTC in the side of the engine . still testing on another k engine right now.
BigHatch (09-23-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM
j swapping mad man.

i am not asking for any money unless i am 90% sure i can make this work for you guys . i'm willing to help you guys out . I'll do the research you need to get the group the right answers . if we ( the group ) work together we can make this work. because if we dont do it no one will .

now to the topic at hand . yes the MSX3 can do the job to a point . still have to deal with some of the interface issues with the three air monitoring devices . the RDX has two MAP sensors and a MASS AIR . i would have to design a extra circuit to clamp the voltage at the right points . so that the computer/ecu does not freak out. also think i found a way to control the VTC in the side of the engine . still testing on another k engine right now.
Hey don do you think you can work so that I can use an atmospheric BOV without it dumping fuel
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
j swapping mad man.

Bump let's get this moving
Old 09-29-2012, 03:48 PM
10th Gear

Talking

Hey don do you think you can work so that I can use an atmospheric BOV without it dumping fuel
with a auto transmission i would not run that type a value. maybe a 50/50 from apexi but that is it .

be play around with the voltage clap system that you will need to trick the computer when we install the MSX3 system . i send the signal through a PIC chip . then have it clam off the signal where i need so it does not throw a code in the ECU . by doing that still make the check codes not happen and still use the transmission part of the ECU without fault .

found a way to make the VTC system work . it is crude , but it will work for the guys that want to make bigger power anyway.
IntegraType-S (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 PM
j swapping mad man.

Great so what has to happen to get this on the street?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Cruisin'

Any progress? I'm a big hondata fan boy. I've tuned both kpro and flashpro. Its a shame they never released something similar for the RDX.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
10th Gear

RDX HACK ecu info

well i did not forget about you guys . i just got the megasquirt to work on a tsx type-s DBW system. the best part no codes came up the the interface cable i made to go between the stock ecu and engine harness . so soon i will need a person to come on down to help out with the second phase of the project .

the megasquirt i am using is the MS3X newer unit .
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

well i did not forget about you guys . i just got the megasquirt to work on a tsx type-s DBW system. the best part no codes came up the the interface cable i made to go between the stock ecu and engine harness . so soon i will need a person to come on down to help out with the second phase of the project .

the megasquirt i am using is the MS3X newer unit .

Where are you location, RPM Systems ?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
10th Gear

Talking RDX HACK ecu info

i am located in poughkeepsie , new york . why do you ask? you can check me out on the web at go-rpm.com as well.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:20 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Impressive work done on your website.
TL engine swap into Civic.
1st time I see that been done
since most of those were swapping K20

Just curious about your RDX ECU hacking.
if you are in Pacific NorthWest (Seattle), I will give it a try.
but you are too far for me.
When you have a finish product (RDX ECU hacking), I will be interested.

BU
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i am located in poughkeepsie , new york . why do you ask? you can check me out on the web at go-rpm.com as well.
I think i might make a trip up there to you guys, i just got a downpipe installed and wouldnt mind checking out the shop...im looking for some kind of tuning solution...
The following 2 users liked this post by jagboy:
BigHatch (12-04-2012), BU (12-03-2012)