Electric Boost Controller and Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Electric Boost Controller and Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge

Just order a greddy profec B spec ii electric boost controller & a PLM DM-multi display with a air/fuel wideband module.

I was reading up on how the MBC might/didn't work well with the RDX.
I thought I will give a EBC a try - If the EBC can hold the stock boost all the way to redline without drop.

There might be hope - also I am speaking to a tuner to see what he can do for me with the RDX and AEM FIC.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Right on JC. You are always moving forward, ahead of the curve.

PLX.

I use PLX kiwi-wifi with imfd. It transmits a wifi network that my phone/pad uses to display. You can plug in modules for as many as 32 gauges into the imfd to display them as well. My plan is to add oil temp/press.

Where are you going to mount the gauges?

Seems like it more or less holds boost at max until just before it shifts already based on data logging experience.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DRR98
Right on JC. You are always moving forward, ahead of the curve.

PLX.

I use PLX kiwi-wifi with imfd. It transmits a wifi network that my phone/pad uses to display. You can plug in modules for as many as 32 gauges into the imfd to display them as well. My plan is to add oil temp/press.

Where are you going to mount the gauges?

Seems like it more or less holds boost at max until just before it shifts already based on data logging experience.
I got this unit -

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_in...=WDBDSMAFR_DM6

with this Pod -

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_in...id=ACCE52GRING

Planning to use a double sided 3m tape and put it right next to the next screen. (Above the vent - since you can adjust it to tilt)

Or somewhere in the left hand side.

I also spoke with a tuner and he said it shouldn't be any problem tuning the AEM FIC with the RDX.

He advise that I can get up to 375hp at the crank.
You think this is possible on the RDX?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Pro

Yes I do think it is possible. Might expose the weaker parts getting there. Beef them up when you find them. How much more boost is needed to add ~75 Hp?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JC, so the first item you linked to is what controls the boost? If it is, is that all you need?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Pro

Yes I do think it is possible. Might expose the weaker parts getting there. Beef them up when you find them. How much more boost is needed to add ~75 Hp?
I had a talk with the tuner for about 2 hours in person.

He told me with the stock engine and AEM FIC (I could have heard incorrectly)
That he was able to get it to that numbers.

Also I send him some info on the turbo - I couldn't find the V.F turbo video of the RDX.

Here was his response -

The 215 measured was when the boost dropped down to near 7 lbs, the high boost only lasting to 4500 rpm in 2007. On the 4wd dyno, we should see about 195hp if the boost levels are the same on your 2011.

We will be able to add more than the reflash of 1 to 4 lbs while monitor and controlling fuel and ign to stay safe.

I am thinking about getting the AEM FIC but short one funds at the moment since I just upgrade my rotors to slot/drill rotors and new ceramic brake pads.

Also the gauge, wideband module and boost controller.
I will pull the gun on the AEM FIC if I can sell my stock rims. (Anyone? ~) lol.

Originally Posted by matthewk323
JC, so the first item you linked to is what controls the boost? If it is, is that all you need?
First link was a Multi gauge and wideband module - not sure where you got the controlling the boost.

This is the boost controller that I got - the greddy
I believe the electric one will work better than the MBC that Church Automotive had tried in the past.

But really only one way to find out.

http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics/profec/

http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-s...ontroller.html
Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Pro

JC, I'm guessing 20 to 22 psi to net 375 at the crank?
Are you thinking about oil gauges yet?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Pro

JC, I'm guessing 20 to 22 psi to net 375 at the crank?
Are you thinking about oil gauges yet?
Yes for the oil gauge.

But it will be after the AEM FIC and tune.
I got the tracking number for my PLX gauge but nothing on the boost controller yet.

Hopefully everything comes by next week for a weekend install.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Pro

Does anyone know what is the maximum HP the stock fuel injectors can handle? Safely?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
richard cranium

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
he jc
stock rdx injectors are good for around 350 hp to the wheels
Old 07-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Pro

How many #'s are the stock ones? 25ish? 350whp sounds more like 30#?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
richard cranium

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
310cc
at full duty cycle prob around 350 hp max assuming
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Pro

I am going to try the electric boost controller since i don't have the hondata reflash anymore.

Funny thing is that I feel the car is stronger with my current mods without the reflash. (Could be the butt dyno)

Could the reflash be causing the boost controller and other mod's not to work effectively?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what are you going to be using for tuning then if you dont have the hondata? if you plan on upping the boost with out being able to add fuel and timing, i see a " i just blew my motor" thread. in your future.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by windowlickingood
what are you going to be using for tuning then if you dont have the hondata? if you plan on upping the boost with out being able to add fuel and timing, i see a " i just blew my motor" thread. in your future.
Did I say I was going to raise the boost without any tuning?

Don't be a dipsh!t on most of all your posting.
I purchase the item and wanted to see if it will hold the stock boost level without dropping on higher rpm with the factory settings.

I already spoke with a tuner and he can tune the AEM FIC with the boost controller for me.
Until then; I can turn off the boost controller if needed.

I will be linking greddy boost controller between the stock and the wastegauge. So the stock boost will always be there.

Since you seem like you are so good in tuning - why haven't you done anything with the RDX?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No you didnt say, But your intentions show like a herpes sore on prom night. I actually was trying to help you on my last post. But since you have your ricer mentality getting the best of you, I guess I will start being a dipshit.

You of all people have no business even touching a car. The only thing you said correct is that your tuner can tune it with a AEM.. Why do you think it will work with a stock ecu with no tune? You already said it your self "Could the reflash be causing the boost controller and other mod's not to work effectively?"
Your stock boost levels are restricted up top due to the small turbo. The lack of efficiency of the turbo makes it choke up top. So the introduction of a boost controller that trys to keep boost up in the range that the ecu is tuning it down, is obviously making for a bad situation. In tuning, you have to account for engine load and wastegate duty cycle along with extra timing a fuel in the areas that you are trying to improve on. You just cant slap a boost controller on to help with high rpm power band.

And why havent I done anything to my car? You already know the answer, but you are too proud of your ricer mods and butt dyno results to see what you are actually doing to your car.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
We use the RDX injectors over on the 3G TL side.
I believe lilbert has gotten to 500whp with the RDX injectors.

J&R turbo kit with the J&R ECU
Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Pro

First of all - What ricer mods do I have on?

When you assume something; you make a ass out of yourself.
This is a perfect example because no one said anything and how did you know what are my intentions were?

Second of all- if it is my car and money; who the fuck are you to tell people what to do.
You need to realize that people can do what they want with their own car and money.

My tuner would be the one that would be testing everything.
Like I said - I wanted to know if it would hold up but didn't say that I would leave the boost controller on.

You need to stop riding on my cock with all my posting.
There are other special forums for guys like you that are into that kind of things.

I don't know why haven't you done anything to your car - please do share as you seem to know all about tuning but has yet to really contribute anything good to the forum.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
The RDX injectors are 410cc. There is no way they'll do 350whp unless you crank up the fuel pressure either via a return or modifying the FPR in the gas tank. I'm guessing that the stock pressure is quite high, but it's still returnless. So you'll really need to upgrade to bigger injectors.

We use the 410's on the Civic Si all the time and they only really provide enough fuel for bolt ons. We run out of fuel at 300whp on 520cc injectors.... so yeah 410's aren't going to do it. They will give more overhead on the TL because it's a V6 so it uses 2 more injectors.

I recommend any of the available injectors based on the Bosch EV14 design. GO Power, FIC, Injector Dynamics are all good.
The following users liked this post:
BigHatch (07-27-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by windowlickingood
No you didnt say, But your intentions show like a herpes sore on prom night. I actually was trying to help you on my last post. But since you have your ricer mentality getting the best of you, I guess I will start being a dipshit.

You of all people have no business even touching a car. The only thing you said correct is that your tuner can tune it with a AEM.. Why do you think it will work with a stock ecu with no tune? You already said it your self "Could the reflash be causing the boost controller and other mod's not to work effectively?"
Your stock boost levels are restricted up top due to the small turbo. The lack of efficiency of the turbo makes it choke up top. So the introduction of a boost controller that trys to keep boost up in the range that the ecu is tuning it down, is obviously making for a bad situation. In tuning, you have to account for engine load and wastegate duty cycle along with extra timing a fuel in the areas that you are trying to improve on. You just cant slap a boost controller on to help with high rpm power band.

And why havent I done anything to my car? You already know the answer, but you are too proud of your ricer mods and butt dyno results to see what you are actually doing to your car.
Please stop giving people advice on tuning. You're mixing up terms in dangerous ways that will only serve to confuse and lead people in the wrong direction.

And please try to speak to people that you don't know personally in a more respectful manner.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
^^What he said!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Pro

Eye candy- =P

Time to really save up for the AEM FIC / Harness and some decent size fuel injectors.

The following 2 users liked this post by JCRDX11:
RDXturbo07 (07-26-2012), vaprea (08-12-2012)