Traffic Incident button disappears and re-appears

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic Incident button disappears and re-appears

This AM when I first started my RDX, the "Traffic Incident" button was available for me to press (of course, it always says there are no traffic incidents within 30 miles, which is pretty hard to believe here in the Wash. DC Metro area, but I digress....). Later in the same trip (I hadn't turned the car off, but was just continuing the drive to my office, I tried to click on the TI button again, but this time it was greyed out, so I couldn't select it. I turned the car off and restarted it and then the TI button was active again...

What's going on with it? Any theories? Hopefully it's not a bad XM module (since I just bought the car)!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:15 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i have had the same problem too, does the nav traffic sometimes not show up on your map? you know green, yellow, red for major roads? if so you need to resync your car to xm servers, and you will have to call xm to do that.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have the xm traffic subscription (which I believe is $3.99/mo)?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by GOTTSPD
This AM when I first started my RDX, the "Traffic Incident" button was available for me to press (of course, it always says there are no traffic incidents within 30 miles, which is pretty hard to believe here in the Wash. DC Metro area, but I digress....). Later in the same trip (I hadn't turned the car off, but was just continuing the drive to my office, I tried to click on the TI button again, but this time it was greyed out, so I couldn't select it. I turned the car off and restarted it and then the TI button was active again...

What's going on with it? Any theories? Hopefully it's not a bad XM module (since I just bought the car)!
XM NavTraffic is very fickle. I have had problems with my current '08 RDX and previously with my '06 RL for two years. The first incident in the RL was caused by my free subscription never being activated. The CSR gave me another free year. The next time it was caused by trying to check it while the car was in the garage. I called and was told you have to have a clear sightline to the satellite for it to work correctly. On the RDX there is an updated version that changes something in the XM module for the location you are in. Again, I was told you have to activate it when you are in an area that has the traffic service; otherwise you get the "no information in 30 miles screen" until you try again in a covered area. Remember too you have to have the navi screen at least in the 1/4 mile range for it to work. Hope that helps.