What would you like to see from Comptech?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What would you like to see from Comptech?

Obvious things would be like intake, exhaust, headers. Maybe some stiffer sways and a brake upgrade.

Would anyone lower their RDX for improved handling? Obviously most SUV/CUV owners would want the ground clearance and the smoother ride, but I'm sure there are some that want better dry performance and are willing to give up ride quality.

What's on your Comptech wish list?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust, intake, front brake kit and an adjustable suspension would rock. Great thread idea.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Advanced

Brakes, exhaust.

Speaking of brakes, I wonder if the the TL-S calipers will fit on the RDX...
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

I'd like an adjustable BOV to dial in more boost.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rdx4fun
Great thread idea.
Hoping to see what kind of interest there is in any mods and if there is enough interest we can point Comptech here to see.....
Old 02-07-2007, 04:49 PM
5th Gear

Cold Air Intake and nice big exhaust including downpipe!!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Does anyone know of any high quality companies like comptech that will potentialy make aftermarket parts for our RDX if the demand is there or is it just comptech? Also maybe we could figure out a list in a few weeks or months of the main items people request and would purchase if made and contact comptech about it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

I chose to make this thread about Comptech since they specialize in Honda/Acura vehicles and they make good quality parts. i'm sure there are several other companies I may consider getting parts from, but they have other manufacturers they fabricate for so I imagine a CUV would be even lower on their priority list. I would guess that the RDX is even pretty low on Comptech's list, but they have told me that they will be making mods for the RDX eventually. I'd love to see a CAI from Injen or springs and sways from Eibach, but I think the wait might be longer from these companies.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Instructor

Ok heres my list in order of priority so far.

Dear Comptech. Please make the following parts for my RDX.

1. Passenger seat ejector buton.

2.Cold air intake.

3. Exhaust

4. Sway bars

5.A numbered boost guage (maybe an electronic plug and play some how)

6. Front brake kit

7. Some kind of electronic boost controler and info screen.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Cruisin'

AEM is also a good source for performance parts for Honda/Acura. About two weeks ago I talked to a friend there. He said there wasn't enough demand for parts yet. I will send him this link and see what happens.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:13 PM
10th Gear

For sure a Cold Air Intake And Exhust. Brake kit would be next on the list.. And than Headers....
Old 02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Cruisin'

I stopped by the Acura dealer near where I work and suprise suprise, I looked in their catalog and there was a listing for a sport suspension for the RDX. There was a part # but when it was brought up nothing happened. So it sounds interesting but I couldn't get any more info.
The deal with making parts for a certain vehicle is how many were sold and could I make a profit selling these parts with all the R & D that go into making certain pieces.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2manycars
I stopped by the Acura dealer near where I work and suprise suprise, I looked in their catalog and there was a listing for a sport suspension for the RDX. There was a part # but when it was brought up nothing happened. So it sounds interesting but I couldn't get any more info.
The deal with making parts for a certain vehicle is how many were sold and could I make a profit selling these parts with all the R & D that go into making certain pieces.
Wow sport suspension, I did not not about that option. Ill have to look into that. I bet it is stiff.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

I inquired about this suspension upgrade at Hondacuraworld and they have not heard anything about it. Anyone have a part number?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Been searching and have not found a part number yet.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Cruisin'

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get the part #, again there was no other info I could find.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rdx4fun
Wow sport suspension, I did not not about that option. Ill have to look into that. I bet it is stiff.
so funny! I was think'in the same thing.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Missin my TSX =(

id take some coilovers and front strut and of course the above mentioned
Old 02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by sasair
Hoping to see what kind of interest there is in any mods and if there is enough interest we can point Comptech here to see.....
did u say in a EARLIER thread that you emailed comptech and they were alrady planning on parts for rdx? this was like months ago...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

yes, they said they had plans for the RDX but nothing specific yet. Depending on what kind of products, who knows how long it could take. Since it's a new engine, they'd have to do alot of testing. I'm sure it will be a while.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Missin my TSX =(

AEM is also a good source for performance parts for Honda/Acura. About two weeks ago I talked to a friend there. He said there wasn't enough demand for parts yet. I will send him this link and see what happens.
AEM sucks... no gain compaired to injen =)
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Cruisin'

The part # for the sport susp. is 08W60STK200 I couldn't find any other info. Anyone know someone at corporate that could find out ????
Old 02-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
A "super charger" for the all new 07 MDX !
Old 02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
That would be bad a@@. I would like to see that.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by Fabvsix

DAMN dude... u got a 07 rdx 07 mdx n a rl.... frigginnnn balller man.... sweet
Old 02-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Missin my TSX =(

yes, they said they had plans for the RDX but nothing specific yet. Depending on what kind of products, who knows how long it could take. Since it's a new engine, they'd have to do alot of testing. I'm sure it will be a while.
ehh i think i decided not to mod the performance on the rdx... and just work on the 07 civic... but comptech has barely any parts for that... i mean.. its the same as the 06... not even parts for that!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:44 AM
boostin'

an engine management software system would be great for the RDX, increase the boost and get lots of power!
Hondata needs to work on it!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
ehh i think i decided not to mod the performance on the rdx... and just work on the 07 civic... but comptech has barely any parts for that... i mean.. its the same as the 06... not even parts for that!!!
Do you have a civic si or another model? They have plenty of parts for the 06 si, which I'm sure was their main focus. Only a matter of time before the other models have a bunch of parts. The civic is their bread and butter model since there are so many out there.

As for Hondata coming out with an ECU reflash for the RDX, it will be a long time for that if ever. They at least have to wait till there are other performance mods out there to get a larger benefit from having a reflash or programmable ECU. Although I'd get one on a stock RDX just to lower the VTEC window....
Old 02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
boostin'

Do you have a civic si or another model? They have plenty of parts for the 06 si, which I'm sure was their main focus. Only a matter of time before the other models have a bunch of parts. The civic is their bread and butter model since there are so many out there.

As for Hondata coming out with an ECU reflash for the RDX, it will be a long time for that if ever. They at least have to wait till there are other performance mods out there to get a larger benefit from having a reflash or programmable ECU. Although I'd get one on a stock RDX just to lower the VTEC window....
What is the Vtec window on the RDX?
Ya it takes Hondata a while to come out w/ their programs, but it should be great when they do (if they do)
Old 02-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Missin my TSX =(

yea man i got a civic ex... i saw alot for the SI... sucks... gotta wait a while for both cars haha
Old 02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Instructor

Talking

I want one of these. http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/44/1/
and these http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/28/1/
Old 02-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The part # for the sport susp. is 08W60STK200 I couldn't find any other info. Anyone know someone at corporate that could find out ????
This is an actual Acura part #. Honda for whatever reason released this #, but nothing to go with it.....yet. There is definately talk of an "A-spec". No other info other than that. HOWEVER...Eibach has a Sport spring for the RDX in final development right now 1.0 Rear & 1.3 Front (which i think might compliment my 20"s quite nice). As of right now, no certain price but retail probably~$350-400. I think maybe mid March for Eibach.

oh, and to the topic..i sold my civics (1 turbo, 1 n/a) and bought this RDX (carbon/taupe) and promised i would not "tamper" with it.....well. You can see i have a little problem.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RDX REX
What is the Vtec window on the RDX?
Ya it takes Hondata a while to come out w/ their programs, but it should be great when they do (if they do)
Yeah I'd like to know what the Vtec window is too. In my Civic it kicked in around 3500 and in my RSX it was more like 5000.

BTW I removed the snorkel off my RDX, leaving just the open air box and I saw a slight increase in throttle response and quicker acceleration. And, of course, it sounds way sweeter now...
Old 02-17-2007, 08:43 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by Boostin' Girl
BTW I removed the snorkel off my RDX, leaving just the open air box and I saw a slight increase in throttle response and quicker acceleration. And, of course, it sounds way sweeter now...
I know we have a difference of opinion on mods, but.... while washing my RDX today I noticed the intake while cleaning out the engine compartment. Three things jumped out at me; the diameter of the intake snorkel is pretty generous (low losses), the area seems to increase going downstream (diffuser = raises pressure), and it contains a resonator chamber. I suspect the diffuser aspect is there to minimize/cancel losses in the duct. Generally, resonators are used to tune the standing wave pattern in the intake in order to boost positive pressure going into the engine. These are point designs that have max effect at a particular RPM and drop off from there. Normally removing the resonator results in a slight power loss -- on the order of 3-4HP at a particular RPM -- and it tapers off from there.

I am sure it sounds cooler now, but I would be very surprised if there was a performance boost -- if anything, you may have lost a few HP around a certain RPM. Generally, engine designers use a resonator to fine tune the intake and maximize efficiency (as well as reduce noise). It's not something I would second guess without a lot more information and testing. When I had my WRX, a fairly common mod among WRX owners was to remove the intake snorkus, which also contained a resonator. People claimed all sorts of benefits on the butt dyno and it sounded tough, but actual careful dyno testing showed a slight but repeatable HP loss. I think it's going to be a similar deal with the RDX.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:56 AM
boostin'

Originally Posted by Boostin' Girl
Yeah I'd like to know what the Vtec window is too. In my Civic it kicked in around 3500 and in my RSX it was more like 5000.

The RSX-S vtec engages at 5,800 rpms in stock form, so I'm sure the RDX is much lower w/ the redline being much lower in the RDX
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Advanced

Engine Management - Reflash not piggyback.
Catless Downpipe
High Flow 3rd Cat
Old 02-21-2007, 07:51 AM
5th Gear

Wanted to let you guys know that I talked to Nate at comptech yesterday and he said that as of yet they have not gotten a RDX in house and they have not really had that many requests for performance products from people. Maybe those people interested need to let comptech know that we would like to see them develop those products for us!!
1-916-939-9118
Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by c_hunter
I know we have a difference of opinion on mods, but.... while washing my RDX today I noticed the intake while cleaning out the engine compartment. Three things jumped out at me; the diameter of the intake snorkel is pretty generous (low losses), the area seems to increase going downstream (diffuser = raises pressure), and it contains a resonator chamber. I suspect the diffuser aspect is there to minimize/cancel losses in the duct. Generally, resonators are used to tune the standing wave pattern in the intake in order to boost positive pressure going into the engine. These are point designs that have max effect at a particular RPM and drop off from there. Normally removing the resonator results in a slight power loss -- on the order of 3-4HP at a particular RPM -- and it tapers off from there.

I am sure it sounds cooler now, but I would be very surprised if there was a performance boost -- if anything, you may have lost a few HP around a certain RPM. Generally, engine designers use a resonator to fine tune the intake and maximize efficiency (as well as reduce noise). It's not something I would second guess without a lot more information and testing. When I had my WRX, a fairly common mod among WRX owners was to remove the intake snorkus, which also contained a resonator. People claimed all sorts of benefits on the butt dyno and it sounded tough, but actual careful dyno testing showed a slight but repeatable HP loss. I think it's going to be a similar deal with the RDX.
With the limited information available at this time about our cars and with no mods at this time, I'm simply trying out the little things I can. I enjoy tweaking and testing what I can - things that I have seen work in the past. I do understand your position and am sure you have seen different results. At this point in time I'm pleased with the change. Thanks for the info, though.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Cruisin'

The summer will bring many new parts for the RDX.

Brakes, engine components and reflashing. Not from Computech but other companies.
Trust me
Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Missin my TSX =(

well... comptech is going out of business...

Quick Reply: What would you like to see from Comptech?