What would you like to see in 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeb
are you saying that all acuras are moving TOWARD this big switchblade key? I thought this was actually old technology and Acura would be going more the way of the German cars which are using the smaller transmitters.... The key is monstrous. i feel like it really weighs me down! I think it might be heavier than my razr!

I'm tempted just to carry the valet key too but it then you always have to go into the driver's side before you open the hatch.
i agree. but i just found a way to make my key half the weight & half the size! it was so simple, i feel stupid not thinking of it sooner. i removed the heavy ugly acura key chain & use the key alone! love it now
Old 12-09-2006, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ghostx
I agree. If it gets that hot, I just run the A/C. Having the front windows open is nice, but I can care less about having all the windows open.

ghostx
Apparently you fine folks never lived in the south in the summer time. I had this feature in my Accord and used it at least once a day from May through September. Lets some of the hot air out before you get in. I can't believe Acura did not include this. :rippedoff

It is so common throughout the Honday product lineup I never thought to aske about it. Believe me, if you lived in paradise, you'd use this feature.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. What I'd like to see is a six-speed DSG transmission like VW has in their GTI. I test drove one today out of curiosity and it was truly great - better than expected. When driven as an auto it shifts very quickly yet smoothly, perfect for my wife - and when I switched it to the manual mode it was balls of fun. I was very impressed with the performance and functionality of this transmission, and its not even comparable to the automatic-tranny based manual mode on the RDX - for those who aren't familiar. Since the RDX would be my wife's car, the auto functionality is a must, but since I am most often the one driving when we go somewhere together, the manual mode would put the icing on the cake for me. I think a DSG type tranny would be very fitting of the target buyers and the RDX's driving character. I'm normally a stick-shift guy (S2000) but for a vehicle like the RDX I'm not so sure a regular clutch operated stick shift would be a very good seller. Maybe sixth gear could be stretched out to a bit more of an overdrive to improve the hwy fuel rating to 24 or 25mpg. I hope Honda either has plans to make this type of tranny or better yet already has one in the works.

2. Memory driver seat and power passenger