What would you like to see in 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you like to see in 2008?

This is a bit early, but I'm stuck at work and bored.

I'd really like to see a moonroof option for the RDX next year (the first 3 on the list below are kind of a given...I left out mileage because chances are it's not going to improve that much). It was one of the luxury items I really loved about the X3 and a lot more companies are offering them now (like the new Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX....even the new CR-V has a panoramic sunroof option).

What would you guys like to see added?

1. Auto-dim mirror
2. Memory seats
3. Power passenger seat
4. Moonroof
Old 09-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Advanced

i thought the 2007 RDX comes with a moonroof.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by ravemother
i thought the 2007 RDX comes with a moonroof.
It does.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Instructor

I just drove the RDX for a few days while my TL was in for some warranty repairs and I gotta say that I surprised myself by LOVING almost everything about this vehicle. I had kind of ruled it out as far as my next purchase, mostly because I am not wild about the fuel economy or the price, but after two days of city and highway driving, I developed a serious crush. I think it looks hot. Scoots around like a bandit...at no point did I feel a lack of power either in passing or merging or just having fun. The stereo rocked my socks. Loved the backup camera. Have I mentioned that I'm smitten?

Changes? The only thing I'd change is that nasty faux metal trim. It was already scratched up on the loaner car even though there was less than 1,000 miles on it. I don't think I'd really miss memory seats at all. Dimming mirror? Maybe, but I don't think the one on my TL works that great anyway...not as much as the ones on my old Jeeps even.

Oooh, I'm a lil' pissed off they gave me that as a loaner. Now I'm sorely tempted.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by finishline
Oooh, I'm a lil' pissed off they gave me that as a loaner. Now I'm sorely tempted.

I'm sure that was their goal...they're not as stupid as some think
Old 09-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by phile
It does.
Sorry guys, I know the RDX has the standard sunroof. Call me greedy, but I want the panoramic sunroof/moonroof....the kind that extends to the 2nd row seats.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Boon
Sorry guys, I know the RDX has the standard sunroof. Call me greedy, but I want the panoramic sunroof/moonroof....the kind that extends to the 2nd row seats.

oh, now i know what you mean.
yes, a panoramic sunroof would be better
Old 09-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ravemother
oh, now i know what you mean.
yes, a panoramic sunroof would be better

i'm sure that this would be reserved for the high end MDX, since it is their flagship SUV.

i'd like to see:

auto down windows via the remote
power passenger seat
2 memory driver seat
Old 09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by DogPatch
i'm sure that this would be reserved for the high end MDX, since it is their flagship SUV.
Nope, and the RL doesn't have it either.

BTW Boon, what car is that picture from?
Old 09-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Missin my TSX =(

for me?

a damn v6
auto windows down on remote
intelli key
automatic trunk open/close
driver memory seats
passanger power seats
power steering tilt/telescope
easy entry/exit
auto dimming rear view mirror
rear air conditioning vents
sunglasses holder on ceiling
ventilated front seats
Old 09-22-2006, 10:38 PM
rdxsteverino

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
for me?

a damn v6
intelli key
driver memory seats
passanger power seats
easy entry/exit
ventilated front seats
As minor as it sounds, the thing I'll miss the most when I go from a 2000 Accord to the RDX is the sunglasses holder on the ceiling.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
As minor as it sounds, the thing I'll miss the most when I go from a 2000 Accord to the RDX is the sunglasses holder on the ceiling.
same here my friend... from my 04 tsx to rdx... ive been thinking for the last few weeks, where i can put the damn sunglasses ... without using those stupid clips and with easy access...
Old 09-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Racer

I like what I'm hearing! Especially the tilt/telescoping wheel and rear air vents. The RDX is a great driver's car but the passengers don't seem to be getting much love.

Phile - the photo is from the new Lincoln MKX...starts at $32,000 which makes it a close competitor to the RDX and FX. Judging from the previews it may beat the RDX in terms of luxury but not in handling & performance.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Boon
I like what I'm hearing! Especially the tilt/telescoping wheel and rear air vents. The RDX is a great driver's car but the passengers don't seem to be getting much love.

Phile - the photo is from the new Lincoln MKX...starts at $32,000 which makes it a close competitor to the RDX and FX. Judging from the previews it may beat the RDX in terms of luxury but not in handling & performance.
you forgot to factor in build quality. how long until that MKX falls apart?

and the passengers dont get completley shafted. the front passenger gets their own climate controls. the rear passengers...well they get 4 speakers, plus a sub to bring the noise
Old 09-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Advanced

oh, and i'd like to see a magnetic damper system, suspension that automatically lowers the vehicle down an inch or so once you get to cruising speed (*cough mercedes) a 4.0L v8 with twin turbos that gets the RDX to 60 in 4.6 seconds....starting at $30,000

i dont think thats unreasonable, is it?
Old 09-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DogPatch
oh, and i'd like to see a magnetic damper system, suspension that automatically lowers the vehicle down an inch or so once you get to cruising speed (*cough mercedes) a 4.0L v8 with twin turbos that gets the RDX to 60 in 4.6 seconds....starting at $30,000

i dont think thats unreasonable, is it?

Hellz no! Don't forget the turbo boost a la Knight Rider. Are you listening Acura??

oookayy, no more posting after coming home from the bar.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Missin my TSX =(

lolol....

cmon guys... how can we compare a rdx to the mkx... its a ..... f o r d...... -_-
Old 09-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Racer

1)Better HandsFreeLink:
* Auto transfer call or one touch transfer (Saying "Transfer" sucks)
* Initiate calls from my phone. Can't do it now without the mutting the call progress and doing the awkwards transfer.
* Transfer phone book from phone/PDA to HandsFreeLink phone book via bluetooth.
* Needs >50 entries.
* Need more than one number per person. say "person name [Home, Work, Cell]"
* Read text messages. Amazing the RDX will read and display messages from the dealer but will not get text message from my phone.

2) Better Navigation
* Add addresses from PDA via Bluetooth.
* Active nearest buisness display. For example show all Starbucks coffee as I'm driving. Finding the nearest using the directory is not convenient. Maybe Starbucks can subsidize the DVD update to add their logo.
* More than one number per person added to address book.
* Tacking, but only when I want to be found. Say I go on a cross country road trip and my wife and kids want to find where exactly am I. Via my phone my GPS information could be relayed to a web site. Of course this will make it easy for the government to track me too.

3) Download CD's tack information via bluetooth connect to my phone. I have found only one CD I own that has text information on the CD it self. ( Miles - Cool & Collected is nice) Having the CD name and track names it nice to have.

4) V6

5) Manual (might just be me)

Overall, the HandsFreeLink and Navigation fell far short of my expectations. When the RDX was first annouced two years ago Acura made it seem it was a well connected car but is seem the connectivity is just limited to diagnostic information for the dealer and nothing for my my own personal convenience. It seems most of RDX's connectivity short comings can easily be solved with better software. The hardware is there, the sofware isn't. It seems car company's are becoming more dependent on good software to sell cars. I can tell in the future the car company with the better software will sell more cars, maybe. My main reason for getting the RDX was because of the idea of having all my information linked.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Advanced

dimming mirror

Originally Posted by finishline
I just drove the RDX for a few days while my TL was in for some warranty repairs and I gotta say that I surprised myself by LOVING almost everything about this vehicle. I had kind of ruled it out as far as my next purchase, mostly because I am not wild about the fuel economy or the price, but after two days of city and highway driving, I developed a serious crush. I think it looks hot. Scoots around like a bandit...at no point did I feel a lack of power either in passing or merging or just having fun. The stereo rocked my socks. Loved the backup camera. Have I mentioned that I'm smitten?

Changes? The only thing I'd change is that nasty faux metal trim. It was already scratched up on the loaner car even though there was less than 1,000 miles on it. I don't think I'd really miss memory seats at all. Dimming mirror? Maybe, but I don't think the one on my TL works that great anyway...not as much as the ones on my old Jeeps even.

is optional for around $250.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Advanced

get an infiniti FX

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
for me?

a damn v6
intelli key
driver memory seats
passanger power seats
easy entry/exit
ventilated front seats
It has all that except the ventilated seats.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by snorton48
How do you do the "Auto windows down on remote"? I know I read it some where but I can't find it now.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SolidState
How do you do the "Auto windows down on remote"? I know I read it some where but I can't find it now.
Press the button on the remote twice that you use to open the doors, and just hold it down on the second press. That's how it works on the TSX.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Instructor

1)Better HandsFreeLink:
* Initiate calls from my phone. Can't do it now without the mutting the call progress and doing the awkwards transfer.
Oh crap. It looks like I got my answer from another post about the Transfer thing. That truly sucks. I would think this affects anybody with a "smartphone" whether it be Blackberry, Treo, Windows Mobile based as most of these folks will dial through their phone.

I wonder if that's something they can fix via a software update.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Teledatageek
Oh crap. It looks like I got my answer from another post about the Transfer thing. That truly sucks. I would think this affects anybody with a "smartphone" whether it be Blackberry, Treo, Windows Mobile based as most of these folks will dial through their phone.

I wonder if that's something they can fix via a software update.
Maybe if enough people complain about it enough maybe Acura will fix it. As of now to me it's like no thought was put in implementing the HandsFreeLink. It's like the RDX HFL will connect to your phone automatically but it will not transfer automatically. If I'm on the phone and I get in the car and start it there should be an option to have automatically trasfer calls to the car audio or just press the HFL talk button to transfer. The way I see it if you press the HFL talk button while on a inprogress call it should transfer. Why else would you press the HFL talk buttion for if you're on a call.

Here how it often work today. (I wish I could make a video as to how dumb HFL is) I'm on a call with my headset getting ready to get into the RDX. I get in and start the car. I turn of my headset and the call is transfer back to my phone. I hit the HFL talk button and say "Transfer." Sometimes it work, sometimes is doesn't. While trying to transfer the person on the other end of the call is asking me "What are you doing?" My reply "I'm trying to transer you to my call." Most of the time I just giveup or don't even bother trying to transfer which makes me think what good is the HFL if I can't do a smooth and seamless transfer?

The other thing that sucks is I can't initiate a call from the address book on my phone. Going to the phone and reading the number to the HFL takes too long if I could just press call from my phone's book. What happens is the HFL blocks the audio on my phone and sometimes the callie would hangup. Worst trying to do a transfer while the calling is in progress, the HFL will say "there is no call in progress." WTF. To me that is a bug.

How well does the Handsfree work in the Infiniti? or other makes.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Power passenger seat and an intergrated roof rack from the factory. There is no way I am letting mechanics cut into my new car trim. Our MDX came with the roof rack from the factory as well as splash guards and I think the RDX should do the same. It seems allot of the accessories for the RDX were rushed and not thought through well enough. I have heard allot of people including people on other forums talking about scratches on the roof from the rack installation as well as pieces flying off it at highway speeds.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

There will be a power passenger seat next year and memory settings. Same with TSX. The dimming mirror will stay an accessory as it is now.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by snorton48

cept its 5-10k more money
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Instructor

Bluettooth - Transfer issue

1)Better HandsFreeLink:
Is this a problem for more than the two of us?! I would think that a high % of RDX buyers especially with the tech package have a "smartphone" (Blackberry, Treo, Q, etc.) and are going to want to dial out via the phone. Given that, the fact that you have to dial with your phone (illegal while driving in New York if not in handsfree) and then saying transfer for each call is nutty.

I just had a long talk with my dealer and they are going to have their service manager call American Honda but I'm not holding out much hope.

If more buyers or better yet potential buyers push this issue, perhaps an update will come out. I'm sure it would be a most easy update for them to do. I for one would not have purchased the RDX given the way this feature currently works.

So, start calling those dealers!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:58 PM
wiz
Pro

What I would like is the following:

Memory Seats for Driver seat
Power Passenger
Auto-dim rearview mirror
Navi only for $2k like it is on every other car
I'd like all of that for $35,500 including destination.

It won't happen, but that is what I would like to see. Oh, and a green color exterior kind of like the Amazon green on the MDX, or a Kelly green.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wiz
What I would like is the following:

Memory Seats for Driver seat
Power Passenger
Auto-dim rearview mirror
Navi only for $2k like it is on every other car
I'd like all of that for $35,500 including destination.

It won't happen, but that is what I would like to see. Oh, and a green color exterior kind of like the Amazon green on the MDX, or a Kelly green.
You'll likely get your wish on the 1st three items for 2008. Honda/Acura Navi is superior to others that I am familiar with (BMW/Infiniti), maybe they can charge more?

Doubt you'll see a price drop at MSRP going forward.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Missin my TSX =(

only reason the tech package is 4k now is cuz its got navi, traffic, back up camera, bluetooth, dvd audio compatibility and all that good stuff...
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Racer

Is this a problem for more than the two of us?! I would think that a high % of RDX buyers especially with the tech package have a "smartphone" (Blackberry, Treo, Q, etc.) and are going to want to dial out via the phone. Given that, the fact that you have to dial with your phone (illegal while driving in New York if not in handsfree) and then saying transfer for each call is nutty.

I just had a long talk with my dealer and they are going to have their service manager call American Honda but I'm not holding out much hope.

If more buyers or better yet potential buyers push this issue, perhaps an update will come out. I'm sure it would be a most easy update for them to do. I for one would not have purchased the RDX given the way this feature currently works.

So, start calling those dealers!

I got the RDX w/ tech because I'm a technophile and I thought the RDX would be the most connected car on the market. I'm little disappointed on the limited connectivity of the tech package. The HFL seem more of a inconvenience than a convenience. Also, I don't know why the HFL and the Navigation can't link to my phone or PDA address book and phone book for quick transfer and update of information. You can type it in but what is the bluetooth connection for?

The tech looks good on paper but the actual functionality is very poor. If I had to do it again, I would wait a year or two before getting the RDX.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Cruisin'

a light in the trunk area is critical! if i'm in my garage at night and want to get anything out of the trunk, the visibility is horrible.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by nying
a light in the trunk area is critical! if i'm in my garage at night and want to get anything out of the trunk, the visibility is horrible.
If I remembered correctly from the auto show, there is a light in the trunk area. Whereas the BMW X3 has it on the inside of the lifegate, so that it shines down on you when it's in the open position, in the RDX it's just inside of the cargo opening's ceiling. Ill let the owners verify, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Cruisin'

my error. i went back this morning and looked for the light. it's on the left side of the cargo area. the light was switched off, so i never realized it was there. duh!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:15 PM
rdxsteverino

... Also, I don't know why the HFL and the Navigation can't link to my phone or PDA address book and phone book for quick transfer and update of information. You can type it in but what is the bluetooth connection for? ...
Bluetooth provides the only connection to your RDX - it enables you to 1) dial without fumbling for a number (yes you do have to touch a button and we still need to solve that download issue from your PDA), 2) receive a call without touching your phone (need to touch a button to pick up) and 3) have a great sound system to act as your cell's speaker phone/mic.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Cruisin'

def. a memory seat. I cant believe they didnt put a memory seat feature.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:34 PM
wiz
Pro

You'll likely get your wish on the 1st three items for 2008. Honda/Acura Navi is superior to others that I am familiar with (BMW/Infiniti), maybe they can charge more?

Doubt you'll see a price drop at MSRP going forward.
I agree that the Honda/Acura Navi is superior, but I would like for JUST the navi to be an option and not bundled with the ELS sound system, backup camera, real-time traffic, etc. I don't need all of that, I just want the Navi, and they should offer that for say $1500 more than the base model.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wiz
I agree that the Honda/Acura Navi is superior, but I would like for JUST the navi to be an option and not bundled with the ELS sound system, backup camera, real-time traffic, etc. I don't need all of that, I just want the Navi, and they should offer that for say $1500 more than the base model.
I'd be interested in that, too. I don't see it happening, though... oh well.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:48 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I know you like to complain about the Tech Package but, really, the HFL functions the same as the RL and TL and TSX and MDX so there should have been no surprises. And you're also laying the blame on the HFL system when, in fact, there is no standard system for doing what you'd like with a phone or PDA.

And nothing is really going to change with it, either. It may adapt the upcoming MDX format of uploading your phone book to the car however this will only work with cell phones that support that system.

You are driving a car which probably has the best designed electronic interface on the road. If you like to complain or think you have it 'bad' now then you should buy a VW/Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Porsche.

I got the RDX w/ tech because I'm a technophile and I thought the RDX would be the most connected car on the market. I'm little disappointed on the limited connectivity of the tech package. The HFL seem more of a inconvenience than a convenience. Also, I don't know why the HFL and the Navigation can't link to my phone or PDA address book and phone book for quick transfer and update of information. You can type it in but what is the bluetooth connection for?

The tech looks good on paper but the actual functionality is very poor. If I had to do it again, I would wait a year or two before getting the RDX.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see in 2008?