What would you like to see in 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
I was thinking about the question that titles this thread:

"What would you like to see in 2008?"

Despite my former answer, I should have said "I would like to see NOTHING NEW in 2008, because I own a 2007 and no matter what they add, I am going to be pissed that I did not get it after spending $37K!

Old 10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, i dun wanna see anything new to the 2008 RDX since i own a 2007 too!

i think the RDX has a quiet ride...what do u guys think?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
I was thinking about the question that titles this thread:

"What would you like to see in 2008?"

Despite my former answer, I should have said "I would like to see NOTHING NEW in 2008, because I own a 2007 and no matter what they add, I am going to be pissed that I did not get it after spending $37K!

With that in mind I'll say that in my next RDX, I'd like to see them get rid of the switchblade key/remote.. More times than not, the key opens up in my pocket. The thing is huge. My mom has a lexus and its key with built in remote is much smaller. Just slightly bigger than a regular key.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sasair
With that in mind I'll say that in my next RDX, I'd like to see them get rid of the switchblade key/remote.. More times than not, the key opens up in my pocket. The thing is huge. My mom has a lexus and its key with built in remote is much smaller. Just slightly bigger than a regular key.
the VW key like that is also pretty large.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
10th Gear

An option to turn the nag screen off or shorten the time that it stays on. Better speakers. Somehow mine seems to resonate on certain notes and/or when their is talk radio on.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Cruisin'

1. Manual transmission. This almost kept me from getting the car.
2. Better Mileage. Same comment as above.

Overall i am very pleased, car handles very well, has plenty of room without being too big. Really like the Nav, bluetooth, and voice commands. Honda/Acura quality throughout is encountered in all aspects. A 6 speed manual would have made this a much more fun and involving car to drive.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RAVE
An option to turn the nag screen off or shorten the time that it stays on. Better speakers. Somehow mine seems to resonate on certain notes and/or when their is talk radio on.
You can turn the Nav screen off. Just press the Night/Day button 2 times.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SolidState
You can turn the Nav screen off. Just press the Night/Day button 2 times.
I think he means the disclaimer "nag" screen. Instead of having it come up everytime, he'd like the option to turn it off as a default. I have heard of hacks to turn off this screen on other cars, but nothing on a car as new as the RDX. I've also seen people customize the graphics that comes up like the Acura Navigation splash screen, but again not on the RDX.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Racer

I think he means the disclaimer "nag" screen. Instead of having it come up everytime, he'd like the option to turn it off as a default. I have heard of hacks to turn off this screen on other cars, but nothing on a car as new as the RDX. I've also seen people customize the graphics that comes up like the Acura Navigation splash screen, but again not on the RDX.
OK, I thought he meant the Nav. I just turn it off most of the time.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by b1207a
1. Manual transmission. This almost kept me from getting the car.
2. Better Mileage. Same comment as above.

Overall i am very pleased, car handles very well, has plenty of room without being too big. Really like the Nav, bluetooth, and voice commands. Honda/Acura quality throughout is encountered in all aspects. A 6 speed manual would have made this a much more fun and involving car to drive.
Yeah, I'm with you. The TL and TSX comes in a Manual, why not the RDX? Maybe it as something to do with the SH-AWD. I would give that up just to have a Manual.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Instructor

If my trip is mostly on an Interstate, I drive using the Sport setting which fills my need for manual shifting.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Advanced

Hi all - just got mine yesterday ... after reading the previous 4 pages, here's my $0.02...

1. Sunglasses storage - the place that was "overhead" on my TSX is now at the front of the armrest- there's one compartment each for driver & passenger. So we didn't lose it - we gained an extra one.

2. Key - I hated the TSX cheap-fob ... but this switchblade, while better, is a bit of a cheap Audi/VW knock-off. If you've ever held an Audi/VW key, you know what I'm talking about. This one feels "cheap" - thinner plastic, lighter weight, and it doesn't close as easily with one finger. I know, PICKY, but if you're going to do it...do it right.

3 - Navigator nag - I'm not complaining. Look at the latest software rev. for Lex-oyota ... not only does it lock-out while moving, they've now disabled the "override" hidden sequence. Makes the Nav totally useless IMHO (passenger can't even use it!)

4- HFL - doesn't completely work w/blackberry (audio is flawless... but can't get the data link to work - and I think that's a blackberry limitation). My other phone is on Verizon and it's not a supported data link (maybe a workaround for that, will check it out).

5 - Trunk light - THANKS to whoever noted that there's a switch. DOOH!

6 - Memory seats - would be nice. Didn't have it on my TSX, would have liked it on the RDX.

7 - Passenger mirror angle down on Reverse ... can't seem to get that to work. Need to look into that - is there something obvious that needs to be set in a preference that I missed?

8 - Better set-up for phone .. like an idiot I kept hitting the Nav voice command button instead of the HFL voice command button and saying "Phone Setup" and swearing at the car when it just wasn't "getting it."

I'm sure I'll come up with more over the next few days, but I'm still in the glassy-eyed "afterglow" period

-mj
Old 10-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MJ-bos
7 - Passenger mirror angle down on Reverse ... can't seem to get that to work. Need to look into that - is there something obvious that needs to be set in a preference that I missed?
I think you have to have the mirror switch set to the right side in order for this to work.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

My other phone is on Verizon and it's not a supported data link (maybe a workaround for that, will check it out).
Even though Verizon isn't one of the choices in the Easy Setup, you can customize a Verizon setup if your phone support DUN over bluetooth. Also technically you are supposed to have a data plan with verizon, although it will usually work without one, at least until verizon catches on that you are using data and not paying for a data plan...

oh and congrats on the new vehicle, especially since its CGP!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Advanced

Even though Verizon isn't one of the choices in the Easy Setup, you can customize a Verizon setup if your phone support DUN over bluetooth. Also technically you are supposed to have a data plan with verizon, although it will usually work without one, at least until verizon catches on that you are using data and not paying for a data plan...

oh and congrats on the new vehicle, especially since its CGP!
Yup .. I'm in the CGP club - looks like we have the same ride!

I actually went back the next day after signing just to double check ... I've had dark cars before and my TSX was meteoric silver (light blue). I definitely like CGP the best. I thought I wanted taupe interior, but again after looking again and now living with it a few days, I'm very VERY happy!

RE: Verizon - I think I've modded my RAZR correctly and it has DUN - also, I've been told that as long as data usage is minimal, they won't come after me for more $$. Crossing my fingers!

Cheers,
mj
Old 10-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yup .. I'm in the CGP club - looks like we have the same ride!

I actually went back the next day after signing just to double check ... I've had dark cars before and my TSX was meteoric silver (light blue). I definitely like CGP the best. I thought I wanted taupe interior, but again after looking again and now living with it a few days, I'm very VERY happy!

RE: Verizon - I think I've modded my RAZR correctly and it has DUN - also, I've been told that as long as data usage is minimal, they won't come after me for more $$. Crossing my fingers!
I did the same thing, I ordered a CGP/Taupe, but the dealer wasn't getting any in fast so they called me one day when they got 2 CGP/Ebonys in, and I went to look and I liked it alot.

As for the RAZR, you should be good to go. That's what I was using up until last week when I got the KRZR....
Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 PM
10th Gear

I would like to see a better or more lighting for the trunk cargo area. I find that the small light is not sufficient. Probably one on the rear trunk panel that aims towards the cargo area would look nice and high tech.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:25 PM
10th Gear

Hi all - just got mine yesterday ... after reading the previous 4 pages, here's my $0.02...

1. Sunglasses storage - the place that was "overhead" on my TSX is now at the front of the armrest- there's one compartment each for driver & passenger. So we didn't lose it - we gained an extra one.

2. Key - I hated the TSX cheap-fob ... but this switchblade, while better, is a bit of a cheap Audi/VW knock-off. If you've ever held an Audi/VW key, you know what I'm talking about. This one feels "cheap" - thinner plastic, lighter weight, and it doesn't close as easily with one finger. I know, PICKY, but if you're going to do it...do it right.

3 - Navigator nag - I'm not complaining. Look at the latest software rev. for Lex-oyota ... not only does it lock-out while moving, they've now disabled the "override" hidden sequence. Makes the Nav totally useless IMHO (passenger can't even use it!)

4- HFL - doesn't completely work w/blackberry (audio is flawless... but can't get the data link to work - and I think that's a blackberry limitation). My other phone is on Verizon and it's not a supported data link (maybe a workaround for that, will check it out).

5 - Trunk light - THANKS to whoever noted that there's a switch. DOOH!

6 - Memory seats - would be nice. Didn't have it on my TSX, would have liked it on the RDX.

8 - Better set-up for phone .. like an idiot I kept hitting the Nav voice command button instead of the HFL voice command button and saying "Phone Setup" and swearing at the car when it just wasn't "getting it."

I'm sure I'll come up with more over the next few days, but I'm still in the glassy-eyed "afterglow" period

-mj
Passenger sideview mirror to angle while in reverse. Well on the control switch you can move left and right to choose which sideview mirror you want to adjust. Make sure that you set it to the right side. When you put it in reverse, it is supposed to aim down. I hope that helps.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:42 PM
4th Gear

i think they should add power pass seat along with memory seat to the driverside. wonder why acura has not added auto headlight to their vehicals my o5 tl did not have it nor does my 07 rdx .. well maybe one day they will add these features
Old 10-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ravemother
i think the RDX has a quiet ride...what do u guys think?
Not at all, ride in anything else that competes with the RDX.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Not at all, ride in anything else that competes with the RDX.
Compared to my integra, it's dead quiet in the RDX.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Advanced

I think it's too big also. I just carry the valet key. Keyless opening with the remote is sort of pointless since you have to have the key in your hand anyway to start the car. I'd prefer the keyless entry and starting I have in my FX. Never need to touch the key at all.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by snorton48
I think it's too big also. I just carry the valet key. Keyless opening with the remote is sort of pointless since you have to have the key in your hand anyway to start the car. I'd prefer the keyless entry and starting I have in my FX. Never need to touch the key at all.
They should offer a smaller separate transmitter. It looks like all Acuras are going the way of this big switchblade key so there may be more of a demand for this type of thing in the near future....
Old 10-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Jeb
Advanced

They should offer a smaller separate transmitter. It looks like all Acuras are going the way of this big switchblade key so there may be more of a demand for this type of thing in the near future....

are you saying that all acuras are moving TOWARD this big switchblade key? I thought this was actually old technology and Acura would be going more the way of the German cars which are using the smaller transmitters.... The key is monstrous. i feel like it really weighs me down! I think it might be heavier than my razr!

I'm tempted just to carry the valet key too but it then you always have to go into the driver's side before you open the hatch.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

well the new MDX has the same key setup event though their remote has an additional button for the power liftgate. The new TL also has the same setup. The 07 TSX uses a stanard key & remote setup.

I'm tempted to modify one of my keys so that the key and remote are separate. The transmitter is actually pretty small inside that big thing.

Funny thing is the TSX guys on their forum are all excited and trying to modify their keys/remotes to be like the new switchblade design.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33201
Old 10-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

well the new MDX has the same key setup event though their remote has an additional button for the power liftgate. The new TL also has the same setup. The 07 TSX uses a stanard key & remote setup.

I'm tempted to modify one of my keys so that the key and remote are separate. The transmitter is actually pretty small inside that big thing.

Funny thing is the TSX guys on their forum are all excited and trying to modify their keys/remotes to be like the new switchblade design.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33201
Well, it's only taken Acura how many years to use the switchblade keys... I had these on my two prior VWs since 1998! Hmmm, I like the new keys. It sure is a lot cleaner to hold and put into my pocket than a typical key + fob. I hate my RSX-S's key fob + key combo as the fob always dangle down and hit my thigh as I drive. While the Acura switchblade is on the larger side, it's still smaller and better as an overall package than the old Acura keys.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Going back to the topic of what I want to see..

My heart says nothing because I already bought the car but..

+ power pass and driver memory seat
+ brighter cargo area light system
+ DVD system
+ wireless PC in the car (if XM and Nav system is possible, why not a PC?)
+ keyless entry and remote engine start
+ auto rear mirror standard
+ larger sun/moon roof and/or rear sun/moon roof
+ a bit softer suspension (not as soft as Lexus but current ride is too jarring)
+ standard larger wheels (the wheel-wells look too large for stock 18")
+ reclining (to some extent) rear seats
+ remote rear lift-gate
+ color matched mud flaps
+ SH-AWD indication on somewhere else than MID
+ redundant gear shifter somewhere else than steering wheel
+ better color matching between plastic and metal parts
+ larger capacity gas tank (since MPG is not that great)
+ some sort of rear bumper protector than flimsy plastic tape as an option
+ finally, some knowledgable and honest salesperson (oxymoron??)

This is supposed to be like Christmas wish-list, correct?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts
Other than everything you guys have posted, I would love to see bourbon leather as an option. Saw a black 2007 MDX with the bourbon leather and it was a hot combo!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First, I am wild about my RDX & just can't find enough excuses to drive it. But here is my list:
1. The key thing design, what's that about?
2. Memory for the driver seat position & mirrors (if this can be done on the tech, someone please tell me how, i live in nyc & every time i park it the attendant changes the positions that took me hours to get just perfect )
3. An option for remote engine start
4. Better position for the mirror adjustment knob
5. Reverse the open door hinge for the cup holder
6. Larger gas tank, say 22 gallons
7. Auto headlights! First car in 10 years that didn't have that!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
9th Gear

For the post above, all the key thing is - is that it's like a switchblade key. A lot of peole like the Smartkeys. For exmaple, I know Mercedes-Benz offers Smartkeys. The Acura key is like folded. For example, you click the button on the remote and the key slices out 180 degrees. Get it? If not, go to Acura, and look at the features and options or w/e. You'll see it.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

jbinny has an RDX, so I think he/she knows how the key works. At least I hope so!

The comment is more like "what the heck was acura thinking with that design?"

I don't like it either it is too big and opens too easily in my pocket.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gomboy60

+ DVD system
+ a bit softer suspension (not as soft as Lexus but current ride is too jarring)
+ remote rear lift-gate

I agree with last point. I’m in the process of securing a RDX, but I encountered horrible experience with a particular sales person.

Correct me if I’m way out in left field, but any red-blooded consumer who’ll be paying for the car for the next 4 years would want to get the best price for their goods, non? If not, care to share your $$ for my RDX fund? But this was not the case to this salesperson I dealt with.

He was the first person I visited and was able to get a reasonable number from him. Not content, I shopped around. And when I went back and told him I was offered slightly better numbers, he went to say that he didn’t appreciate being low-balled and he could not give me a discount because my volume is not up to par compared to his other customers (e.g. I’m only purchasing 1 car from him in the next 4 years vis-à-vis other people who buy in bulk).

Exxxcuse me, for wasting your time, o great salesman. I gave him the benefit of calling him back because he was the first person I visited and he was referred to me. With audacity, he even wanted proof that other dealers were giving me a better deal - I perceived that he was insinuating that I was lying. Sorry, but I’m not the type.

I expected more from Acura, or perhaps the issue here is isolated to that particular sale staff. With all things aside, the car industry is sales driven and a sale is a sale - at the end of the month, they have to show their boss how many cars they sold. The outcome? I brought my “once-every-4-year-car-purchase” business to another shop.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gomboy60

+ DVD system
+ remote rear lift-gate

If it's an Xmas list, I want a printing press in the front dash that spits out money. Now THAT'S a feature.

Oh, and all the stuff you mentioned too, as well as some lights in the back seat. Hard to find crap there at night.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mvwood
Oh, and all the stuff you mentioned too, as well as some lights in the back seat. Hard to find crap there at night.
I thought there was a light on the roof in the back....
Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Instructor

I thought there was a light on the roof in the back....
really? Haven't noticed one, but then again I've only thought to look when it's dark, and when it's dark I haven't been able to see.

Will check when I get home unless here knows.

Don't suppose there's a cash machine too?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

really? Haven't noticed one, but then again I've only thought to look when it's dark, and when it's dark I haven't been able to see.

Will check when I get home unless here knows.

Don't suppose there's a cash machine too?
Yeah I don't have mine with me today either. I thought it was right behind the sunroof, but I just looked on acura's website and there isn't anything right behind the sunroof. I did see this bad angle picture though. There might be something farther back....

What is that? child seat anchor maybe? could be the cash machine.....
Old 12-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Yeah I don't have mine with me today either. I thought it was right behind the sunroof, but I just looked on acura's website and there isn't anything right behind the sunroof. I did see this bad angle picture though. There might be something farther back....

What is that? child seat anchor maybe? could be the cash machine.....
not sure. never noticed it beofre. looks like it is over the trunk, though, not the back seats. when you drop a hat or umbrella under the rear seats, it's unlikely to provide much help.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey my first guess was right, that is a light up there!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:43 AM
MP Video Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
same here my friend... from my 04 tsx to rdx... ive been thinking for the last few weeks, where i can put the damn sunglasses ... without using those stupid clips and with easy access...
Put them into the little flip up compartment on your driver's door.

Most manufacturers have stopped putting the sunglasses holder on the roof because it is the worst place to put it regarding longevity of your glasses. Here it reaches outside temps of 105 in the summer; glasses warp if left in the roof box.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Instructor

not sure. never noticed it beofre. looks like it is over the trunk, though, not the back seats. when you drop a hat or umbrella under the rear seats, it's unlikely to provide much help.
Checked last night. It IS a light. wicked awesome.

Ask and ye shall receive, or something like that.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see in 2008?