So mad

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
So mad

Well it only took 11 months on Michigan roads. Driving down the highway the other morning, out of nowhere what sounded like a gun shot at the window created a 5 star crack in the windshield, about 25mm in diameter.
So after extensive cussing and swearing, I took it to belle tire and they did a poor job of repairing it. There is still a glue spot on the window, tho the cracks r gone.
Then on the way home that night I stopped to wash another layer of road and salt filth off my Rdx. Lo and behold, the rock chipped a 5mm diameter circle out of the paint on my hood. So now my windshield is ruined and my hood.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FlopMeister
Well it only took 11 months on Michigan roads. Driving down the highway the other morning, out of nowhere what sounded like a gun shot at the window created a 5 star crack in the windshield, about 25mm in diameter.
So after extensive cussing and swearing, I took it to belle tire and they did a poor job of repairing it. There is still a glue spot on the window, tho the cracks r gone.
Then on the way home that night I stopped to wash another layer of road and salt filth off my Rdx. Lo and behold, the rock chipped a 5mm diameter circle out of the paint on my hood. So now my windshield is ruined and my hood.
Feel your pain, bro. I got mine chipped driving on the left side of a 4 lane freeway. The stupid dump truck was spraying gravels all over on the freeway. He was on the right lane. Some how a piece of rock managed to miss all of the car in the freeway and landed on my windshield. Now my car got a small crater on the driver side. I was so pissed but what can you do. I could see that sucker coming before it struck my windshield. Felt so helpless at the time.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
First good chip hurts the worst. I scratched the fender myself with the lawnmower, that really hurt.

When you get the windshield replaced make sure it is OEM.

As for the hood:

http://www.drcolorchip.com/
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Instructor

Mr Marco, I talked to my local body shop and they said not to fix it. Since its black, they feared making it look worse by not matching it right and then putting sanding marks on it. I have a service visit next Monday and was gonna ask the dealer what to do.

I just did a search of our forums and nothing came up for touch up paint work. Any suggestions on where to search?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by FlopMeister
Mr Marco, I talked to my local body shop and they said not to fix it. Since its black, they feared making it look worse by not matching it right and then putting sanding marks on it. I have a service visit next Monday and was gonna ask the dealer what to do.

I just did a search of our forums and nothing came up for touch up paint work. Any suggestions on where to search?
DrColorChip doesn't require sanding. You simply use included cloth soaked with thinner to blend the paint in. If the chip is really big it will require repainting the entire area.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Instructor

Well it don't matter now. I looked at the hood today and it's got chips everywhere. Something's not right. They are small like slivers but they are all over the front half of the hood. This is my 5th brand new car, the first luxury over 35k car, I have owned and none of them (I bought 2 GM cars brand new) had chips all over the hood like this. I mean Christ a Chevy cavalier from 1997!?!! Those had sloped hoods that were angled directly at incoming debris.
A day after I took delivery, I found a sticker in the corner of the window for "suburban auto body" (suburban Acura was my dealer, so their body shop). It could have been that my vehicle had been used as a loaner while someone else got there's fixed. When I took delivery mine had 99 miles on it. But could the odds be that mine had had an accident and the hood had been repainted (poorly)?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you add a pic of the hood damage?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Can try.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Instructor

I tried taking photos with my iPhone but the flash caused one problem. But the major issue tonite with photos was that it was starting to rain, dark, and when I wiped the hood, it smeared the water. I will again tomorrow.
Also, I don't know that I have enough permissions on this site to post photos. But will try