Snowstorm Is Coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Smile Snowstorm Is Coming!!

I live in southeast CT and it looks like we池e going to get a nice snowstorm starting tomorrow noonish and lasting right into Sunday AM!! Damn, I知 excited and hopefully my RDX will see some fun tomorrow. I have to work a half day and then have to run a bunch of errands after work but I知 ready!! Just got the tires rotated and balanced literally yesterday. Air pressures are tweaked. Washer fluid is full. Mobil 1 oil just changed. Bring it on Mother Nature!!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
I live in southeast CT and it looks like we池e going to get a nice snowstorm starting tomorrow noonish and lasting right into Sunday AM!! Damn, I知 excited and hopefully my RDX will see some fun tomorrow. I have to work a half day and then have to run a bunch of errands after work but I知 ready!! Just got the tires rotated and balanced literally yesterday. Air pressures are tweaked. Washer fluid is full. Mobil 1 oil just changed. Bring it on Mother Nature!!
ur not the only one... im waiting for that snow too.......can't wait to bring out the K23
Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by kuzdu
ur not the only one... im waiting for that snow too.......can't wait to bring out the K23
Glad to hear I'm not the only one patiently waiting for the first snow of the season. Be careful if you turn of the VSA for some AWD fun. It turns the RDX into an AWD snow sled!!! LOL.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to giving the new Pirelli Scorpion's a little ride in the SNOW!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well Philadelphia expecting about 20 inch of snow on Sat. I'll find out how well RDX on snow tomorrow. I still have my stock tires on RDX.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
Can't decide if I should still attend our company's holiday party in Boston tonight. I am curious to see how the new Bridgestone Alenza fares. But driving in the snow is one thing. Driving on the Mass Pike with too many idiots is another thing!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:57 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR RDX IN THE SNOW AND POST THEM!!!!!

I will as soon as it starts snowing...
Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
iim not going anywhere in this bullshit lol. i got 30k on the stocks and want to minimize my chances of hitting stuff lol

what im more pissed about is usually by this time ive had my bi annual recondition...havent had the chance yet....no wax on the car since the summer. o well.

side note ---- can someone check their mudflaps/cladding in the front after you go ddriving. My front flaps/cladding have been HANGING on by a thread....i told the dealer about it, one day, they just became very lose and there is like a 2 inch gap between the cladding & the runner...im nervous the shit is just going to fall off this winter....i attribute it to shitty integrity. but check yours out and see if there is any play in this part....i wouldnt really be concerned about it if it was an isolated thing, but since the rest of my car & its bumpers/connection points arent worth shit (i have pieces that flare everywhere, nothing is tight) id like to know if your RDX is the same

thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 87 Posts
No Mike, my mudflaps are as solidly attached as any part on the car. And it sounds like my RDX was assembled a lot better than yours!

To those excited to go driving in the snow, please remember that no matter how good a driver you are and how capable your vehicle is, there will be plenty of other people on the roads who have no business being there. When I lived outside of DC, every time we had a good winter storm (the freezing rain ones were the best) I made a game of counting the number of SUVs flipped over on the sides of the road as I made my way to and from work. For some reason people think that "4WD" means they can drive like they always do, forgetting the basic physics principle that once traction is lost it doesn't matter how many drive wheels you have.

I'd just hate to see any of our members' lovely RDXs get banged up unnecessarily, or worse for someone here to get hurt due to the stupidity of others.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
mine sucks.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:54 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
you don't have to go anywhere to take a picture of your car covered by snow...
Old 12-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These are the days I am glad I live in Toronto. We aren't getting any snow here. You guys can keep it down south. That being said, I love driving the RDX in the snow. I have 33,000 km on the stock tires and it handled well during our big snow last week.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Well, after waiting all day with squat in the way of snow it's finally falling here in southeast CT! Unfortunately I'm already settled in for the evening and not going out now. I was hoping the snow was going to start much earlier in the day. Hopefully there will be some fresh snow covered roads tomorrow if all the plows haven't swiped them yet! I already see plows going down the road and the snow only has just begun. :-(
Old 12-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
We just got a decent snow storm last week in Reno , Nevada and had my fun in the snow and still having fun .
Old 12-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Sooo here it is....drove home from the mall today first snow storm in 09 RDX.....i am never in my life again getting a front or rear wheel drive car.....i could not beleive how this things handles in the snow...turns....and take offs from red lights....it's like no one else has traction and i do....40mph noo problem......just went out side and the plow came through the block....about a knee high of snow below my front door....i reversed and plowed right thorugh that without any issue or slips......

i do have the stock tires with only 5k on them.....i wonders if i had snow tires how much better this thing would perform?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by kuzdu
Sooo here it is....drove home from the mall today first snow storm in 09 RDX.....i am never in my life again getting a front or rear wheel drive car.....i could not beleive how this things handles in the snow...turns....and take offs from red lights....it's like no one else has traction and i do....40mph noo problem......just went out side and the plow came through the block....about a knee high of snow below my front door....i reversed and plowed right thorugh that without any issue or slips......

i do have the stock tires with only 5k on them.....i wonders if i had snow tires how much better this thing would perform?
Welcome to SH-AWD! I felt the same way when I experienced my RDX in the snow last winter for the first time. No way would I ever want a vehicle again without an AWD system. It's also very helpful in all wet and slick conditions non-snow related. It has year-round applications.