Remote windows up

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote windows up

I was at a Acura clinic today and one of the things I learned was that the 2010 RDX is the only 2010 Acura that the remote won't open and close the windows and sunroof. I can't fathom why they would do that. It seems it would only be a software upgrade to fix this.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
dont take this the wrong way, wtf is an acura clinic?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When we got our RDX they told us we would be invited to a Saturday morning clinic at the dealership. My wife ended up going by herself as I was out of town. It's a free breakfast and then a tour of the Acura website. Then a tour of the dealership. Has has a bodyshop and they bragged about the expensive machinery they have to straighten your car after a bad accident. Tolerances are + or - 3 millimeters. Then the salesman give a talk about things like the new key fob. The new one does not come out of your pocket. When you touch the door handle it senses you finger heat and the fob in your pocket and unlocks the door. Get in and just step on the brake and the car starts. You can make all the windows open before you get in the car with it. Don't lose it as it is ~3-400 bucks! Then a final talk about roadside assistance.

My wife learned a lot from the whole experience. She said I should go. BTW, they handed out a goody bag. It had coupon for free paint stick, coupon for free Mobil 1 oil change, free Dominoes pizza, an Entertainment coupon book ( you know with all the local restaurants and such), mints, and assorted Acura propaganda that was actually pretty informative. In a nice Acura bag.

So I went about a month later. I decided this was great marketing for the service department. They showed you how to set up an appointment for service online. All the prices for service were out there to read, so there would be no surprises. So, they gave me the goody bag like everyone else. Felt a little guilty taking it again, but then that passed. Then they had a raffle for $100 coupons good for anything in the dealership. I won it!!! So, had a great breakfast, learned a little and got over $200 of gifts and coupons. Not bad.

Last edited by greyghost04; 01-17-2010 at 03:41 PM.