price paid in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:03 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
price paid in Canada

I am just about to purchase a brand new RDX. my local dealer says the price in non-negociable 41000+1450 for preparation.
he is willing to put in winter tires as a *free gift* outside the official contract...

anyone is willing to share his Canadian buying experience?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Pro

considering the RDX just came out - I'd say that free winter tires is a good deal (rims included?).
I bought my TSX the month it was released (April 03) and paid full MSRP with no goodies thrown in. If you can wait until after Christmas, the deal will most certainly get sweeter.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Rdx

Where are you located ? I bought mine two weeks ago in Toronto. Paid full price. I think when the winter comes and snow starts, the demand might be even higher.

Yes, a set of free winter tires is considered good already. If it is Michellin for 18", it should over $200 each !!!

By the way, I don't understand why our destination charges are $1450 vs $600-700 in US !!!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lbouchard
I am just about to purchase a brand new RDX. my local dealer says the price in non-negociable 41000+1450 for preparation.
he is willing to put in winter tires as a *free gift* outside the official contract...

Calgary here ....price paid was full MSRP ..they gave a a slight discount on accessories.

I think the dealership here has sold over 50 in the past two months.

I still think its the best bang for the buck for CUV's .

Only the Acura fans know about the RDX , other wise it could be easily mistaken for a pontiac VIBE/ Toyota Matrix.

A H1 Hummer tried to out race me on a windy stretch of road .....not even close .

What was he thinkin ....?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flamesfan
A H1 Hummer tried to out race me on a windy stretch of road .....not even close.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Flamesfan
Calgary here ....price paid was full MSRP ..they gave a a slight discount on accessories.

I think the dealership here has sold over 50 in the past two months.

I still think its the best bang for the buck for CUV's .

Only the Acura fans know about the RDX , other wise it could be easily mistaken for a pontiac VIBE/ Toyota Matrix.

A H1 Hummer tried to out race me on a windy stretch of road .....not even close .

which dealer? silverhill or NW? were they good?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by loulinjai
which dealer? silverhill or NW? were they good?
Silverhill, I live in the deep North but we bought our MDX from there as well.

Good sales ...great service

Apparently the #1 volume dealer in Canada .

Even more sales than Vancouver or Toronto dealerships
Old 10-14-2006, 02:28 AM
Advanced

Trouble in Edmonton

So someone in Calgary has their RDX - awesome!!

When did you order??

I ordered and placed a deposit on a silver tech and was promised it was arriving no later than early Nov. Now they're trying to tell me that it'll be late Dec. at the earliest.

I think they look great - but I'm pretty turned off so far on the dealership and am so frustrated that I feel like cancelling the order all together and not buying anything from Acura.

We've committed cash to this thing and December delivery is way too late (we thought early November was late - we ordered in early September).

What on earth is going on???
Old 10-14-2006, 08:01 AM
5th Gear

here is the conclusion of my negociations in Quebec: MSRP + free winter tires Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3 18" installed on original wheels + free front wind deflector.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Winter Tires

here is the conclusion of my negociations in Quebec: MSRP + free winter tires Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3 18" installed on original wheels + free front wind deflector.
Do they give you the original all seasons tires as well ?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Calgary

Originally Posted by mommy_barbie

When did you order??

I ordered and placed a deposit on a silver tech and was promised it was arriving no later than early Nov. Now they're trying to tell me that it'll be late Dec. at the earliest.

I think they look great - but I'm pretty turned off so far on the dealership and am so frustrated that I feel like cancelling the order all together and not buying anything from Acura.

We've committed cash to this thing and December delivery is way too late (we thought early November was late - we ordered in early September).

Dec delivery !!! In Toronto, they started selling in last August/early Sept !
Old 10-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

My vehicle was delivered in September and was on the order watch list from about March on . Every month or so my salesman would me an update if there was any concrete news from acura on release dates .

Vehicles were allocated based on order priority , since I ordered early , I was one of the first to receive an RDX ( Carbon Grey Tech).

I'm sure your dealer in Toronto allocations of RDX's was just as high as Calgary's dealership, so I'm thinking your sales guy is being totally honest with you.

Having said that I think the Calgary dealer has delivered 60 RDX's with about 20 people on the wait list.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Intermediate

yep

If you are paying MSRP I would say you are getting a good deal. New vehicles like this just entering the market are good for the money. If the body style hasnt changed in a few years then you should pay below invoice. I believe this car still has a 36 month 12k a year residual value of 64%
Old 10-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Intermediate

I'm sure your dealer in Toronto allocations of RDX's was just as high as Calgary's dealership, so I'm thinking your sales guy is being totally honest with you.

I meant to say "isn't" being totally honest.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
those tires are $230 each on 1010tires.com ... and they are always cheaper than what you can have in tires stores. so it is a very good deal if you get to keep your summer tires.
winter tires is a MUST HAVE in Quebec
Old 10-15-2006, 01:52 AM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mommy_barbie

When did you order??

You're dealing with Southview, keep gettin' dicked around.

If you would listen up I suggest you go to West Side Acura and go talk to Mike Garcia ( The man who I'm dealing with). I will be purchasing my 2nd acura from this dealership within the next 2 months, just waiting until it comes in. They do NOT dick you around.

My dad bought his Type S 5 years ago from last september and they never dicked him around. They have an RDX in teh showroom (West side). I suggest you head on there and see what they can do (Edmonton's best dealer, volume-wise and on top of that they're the best service, PERIOD. With my Tranny issues on my current TL, I'd know)

- Gagan.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:46 AM
Advanced

Unhappy Neat - From Edmonton!!

Dtroth (did I get that right) - I checked this out after reading your reply to another post.

Guess what?? It's WE Acura I've been dealing with. I was thinking I made a mistake by not going to SV on the other end of town, but you're making me feel pretty good about my original decision to go to WE.

So did you order an RDX?? Or something else? When did you place your order, and when is your vehicle coming in? What colour is it?

I'm so sorry, I just don't trust sales people very much.

I'll wait until Monday to see what they come back with - if it's not much, I'll take your advice and talk to that Mike if you think it'll help.

From what most people said, and from my review of the promise/delivery dates posted by everyone on this board, something must be up. A two-month delivery date for a pre-production vehicle, delayed an additional two months without a call or real explanation seems pretty suspeicious. Every other Acura owner on this ezine has received their vehicle within a month (albeit one).

Well, at least I have a little more time to contemplate the accessories - I want to sup up the RDX as much as I can, plus I have a feeling there's going to be a tonne out there. Have to set it apart if I can (that is if I ever get one).
Old 10-15-2006, 02:53 AM
8th Gear

Anybody know the dealer invoice?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Advanced

dealer invoice

Originally Posted by AEmgee
Anybody know the dealer invoice?

For the tech package, (in USA) there is a $4000 difference between the dealer price and sticker, including $1000 dealer holdback.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Advanced

Paid Msrp...
got wheel locks, floor mats and discounts of accessories
Old 10-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Advanced

i just got my non-tech RDX for just more than 1 weeks here in Vancouver, paid MSRP...the dealer gave me a good price for my trade-in and bcuz i know the manager there, he gave me all the options at cost (running board, front lip, rear diffuser, sport rack, snowboard attactment, and diamond Kote at cost), he also gave me 5 free Acura umbrella...
Old 10-15-2006, 03:29 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm getting a Type S 07. So I have to wait just like you.

West side's always been great they've taken care of my tranny woes on my 02 TL-S very well.

I went to them because my dad doesn't like southview. When I got my old TL in an accident they'd keep bitching and slapping us around.

When I called southview on availability for a Tl-s,no preorders and they said "New year". I call west side and they told me that it wouldn't arrive until mid-late november or early december.

They've always been honest, but it's honestly up to you as to who you deal with. I will enver buy a car from southview but I WILL get my car serviced tehre (Their service cre wis amazing!!)
Old 10-15-2006, 05:59 PM
5th Gear

just for everybody information, yes i can keep the original all season tires.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Tires

just for everybody information, yes i can keep the original all season tires.
Are you from West coast (Vancouver) or East coast (Toronto) ? I am going to use my All seasons in Toronto. Hopefully, it is ok. I have been using all seasons for my other cars !
Old 10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Racer

dude,. try a group buy We did this when the tsx came out and we each saved about 2500. Should be easy to do in toronto. We queried all 10 toronto dealers and went with Sherway Acura. Canadians are getting screwed on dealer prep. Typically 55-650 in USA, 1400 or more here. I think the dudes are pricefixing.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I counted 12 RDX's at Acura 2000 in Brampton on Saturday. And that was just in the front and in the showroom. They keep most of their cars in the back.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
08 PMM/Black Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our family friend own a dealer here in Vancouver. He told us it's not going off the lot like the TSX.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cFoo
Our family friend own a dealer here in Vancouver. He told us it's not going off the lot like the TSX.
What do you mean "own" a dealer? OWN him as in he "owns" the dealer or he actually runs a dealership?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
08 PMM/Black Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He owns & runs.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by snorton48
For the tech package, (in USA) there is a $4000 difference between the dealer price and sticker, including $1000 dealer holdback.
Thanks for your help, but the Canadian invoice pricing is different... Surely someone on these forums must have used CarCostCanada or APA to find out the invoice pricing?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Intermediate

Picked up Red RDX Tech at Silverhill

Mabey I am just lucky but I made up my mind to buy a red RDX on a thursday, phoned Silverhill and picked it up 2 days later on a Saturday on Sept 11. No ordering or waiting. Full retail paid of course with wheellocks and a Hat the only extras thrown in. Love it!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Intermediate

well you got a bonus of a hat ...........i got ripped.. LOL

I got the wheel locks , mudflaps, blockheater and the mats . But that should have been std. anyways .

What kind of a discount did you get on accessories?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Cruisin'

I will never pay MSRP. The RDX is nice but it's a matter of principle....especially if you can get an Infiniti G35 2007 brand new right now below MSRP.

Even though the 2 vehicles are different, it's still shows the difference in how they deal with customers. I like Acura but if they want to be so independent then they won't have my business (Yeah yeah I know, they don't care because someone else will buy it from them....but it won't be me)
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

G35

Originally Posted by coldcase
I will never pay MSRP. The RDX is nice but it's a matter of principle....especially if you can get an Infiniti G35 2007 brand new right now below MSRP.

Even though the 2 vehicles are different, it's still shows the difference in how they deal with customers. I like Acura but if they want to be so independent then they won't have my business (Yeah yeah I know, they don't care because someone else will buy it from them....but it won't be me)
Why G35 ??? Lots of non 1st year cars are sold under MSRP. A 2006 MDX could probabaly be sold at the price close to the RDX's price. And I think the redesigned 2007 X3 will probably be sold at MSRP for the 1st half an year as well when it comes out.

Yes, you are right. There are always fans to buy at MSRP in the first year, and there are always people want to get the best deal and buy it in the last year of the model. But then they will probably feel bad everytime they see the new model on the road for the next 5 yrs
Old 10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by acurardx
Why G35 ??? Lots of non 1st year cars are sold under MSRP. A 2006 MDX could probabaly be sold at the price close to the RDX's price. And I think the redesigned 2007 X3 will probably be sold at MSRP for the 1st half an year as well when it comes out.

Yes, you are right. There are always fans to buy at MSRP in the first year, and there are always people want to get the best deal and buy it in the last year of the model. But then they will probably feel bad everytime they see the new model on the road for the next 5 yrs
G35 was just mentionned because the 2007 is a redesign and it's arriving in showrooms as we speak and you can still deal them.

But of course. when something is new, the dealer has the big end of the stick. I prefer waiting a little, have them resolve the bugs and get a better deal.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Just wondering if any folks from Canada is paying under MSRP for the RDX ? If so, please advise which dealership
Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
kim
4th Gear

bought base rdx in vancouver

hi all. i just picked up my base rdx last night! i paid 46884 including taxes...
went through a broker...
i didnt get any extras...
Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Intermediate

Which province are you based in ? You must have paid PST as well.

Any accessories to go along with that ?

I paid $49.5k for a tech (tax in)
Old 10-19-2006, 04:05 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by kim
hi all. i just picked up my base rdx last night! i paid 46884 including taxes...
went through a broker...
$46,884 would be about $40,000 + F/PDI + taxes? Who is the broker?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Originally Posted by kim
went through a broker...

What is the before taxes price ? Different province has tax rate !

Quick Reply: price paid in Canada