New RDX '07 Tech owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:07 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New RDX '07 Tech owner

Hi there,

Just traded in one of my Civics ('13 GX Natural Gas) for a snow capable car that uses petroleum...as my CNG stations are closing in Washington & British Columbia.
It has 75K and is in pristine condition.

I love this car. Just took it to Mammoth California and back to Seattle, and conveniently it dumped snow while I was there. It's a dream to drive.

Unfortunately, it was made for the Canadian market, so my mapping is restricted, thus googling for help, I found Acurazine. Looks like I need to spend another $150 for the DVD.

Hope to find insight and advice here, looks like a good community!

Malia

This is Mochi.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 891 Likes on 681 Posts
Originally Posted by starlitskies
Hi there,

Just traded in one of my Civics ('13 GX Natural Gas) for a snow capable car that uses petroleum...as my CNG stations are closing in Washington & British Columbia.
It has 75K and is in pristine condition.

I love this car. Just took it to Mammoth California and back to Seattle, and conveniently it dumped snow while I was there. It's a dream to drive.

Unfortunately, it was made for the Canadian market, so my mapping is restricted, thus googling for help, I found Acurazine. Looks like I need to spend another $150 for the DVD.

Hope to find insight and advice here, looks like a good community!

Malia

This is Mochi.
Hello and welcome to the forum! This side of the forum is semi dead with only a few of us still around. I hope and feel that it will change soon. Your RDX looks very good, I really really wanted a white RDX but had to settle on a Royal Blue Pearl, I still love it, but the upkeep is no fun.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Cruisin'

Congratulations!. Loving the white, that's the color I wanted but couldn't pass up on my deal. I love driving this car in through traffic. The boost really helps when I'm in a rush
Old 11-07-2015, 10:29 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for the welcome!

Is the blue harder to care for?

I found a small nick on the roof, so buying the diamond pearl touch up paint and it's a multiple step process apparently.

Couple goofy questions 😁

Do you remove your antenna in the car wash? The manual advises it, but my wash here is touch free.

Just about to buy all weather floor mats to cover these RDX carpeted ones, any advice?

Seeing that the OEM vs weather tech is not much of a price difference for what looks like tougher gauge on the WT.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!
Just about to buy all weather floor mats to cover these RDX carpeted ones, any advice?

Seeing that the OEM vs weather tech is not much of a price difference for what looks like tougher gauge on the WT.
The WT cargo matt has greater coverage than OEM and looks great. Top quality too.

Congrats on your new RDX. I've had mine a year - it just turned 50k miles yesterday (). Loving it so far!

Last edited by Kaputnik; 11-07-2015 at 11:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
starlitskies (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks for the welcome!

Is the blue harder to care for?

I found a small nick on the roof, so buying the diamond pearl touch up paint and it's a multiple step process apparently.

Couple goofy questions 😁

Do you remove your antenna in the car wash? The manual advises it, but my wash here is touch free.

The blue is a stunning color WHEN CLEAN FOR 5 MINUTES. But an absolute pain in the ass for someone who is car anal. I suppose having the running boards would have infinitely increased the cleanliness or the vehicle because most crap builds up on the sides.

I don't take my antenna off, that is a precaution for touch washes. I hand wash 100% of the time except for the VERY VERY rare time I can't and need to be somewhere with a clean car lol.

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
The WT cargo matt has greater coverage than OEM and looks great. Top quality too.

Congrats on your new RDX. I've had mine a year - it just turned 50k miles yesterday (). Loving it so far!

Wow that WT cargo mat looks awesome. I have oem mats, I like that they say RDX on them. But exaftly like kaputnik said, the oem trunk mat only covers the sort of sunk down portion of the hatch (when the cargo cover is not on the floor). But I also like that it gives a sort of boundry so things don't slide around too much and could help for wet or muddy things because it has like a 2 inch rim.

The following users liked this post:
starlitskies (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 06:52 PM
10th Gear

Man, that's pretty. So glad I have a black interior, ordering one now.
Thanks!
Old 11-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Man, that's pretty. So glad I have a black interior, ordering one now.
Thanks!
I have the black interior too, REALLY wanted parchment. Now I paird closer attention and can see the WT mat covers the sides too And also has a nice lip. Very well done!