Moving on...bye bye RDX

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Moving on...bye bye RDX

I have to say goodbye RDX, and the RDX board. Our 4 year relationship has been great and I appreciate every minute we spent together.
Your strong and explosive temper has always been one of my favorite things, even though that's what most people hate. They say you are loud and rough, I say you are perfect.
I hope that they set you up with a nice home that will treat you the same way my family has.
We knew this day will come, I'd say it took longer than what we expected. We tried to make it work, we added a roof box to make your trunk bigger, but that couldn't change the fact that you are a bit small for my family.
Don't worry about it, we will stay in the family. We have chosen a Tech Package MDX. She is Grillio color and Taupe interior. Also she is a newborn 2012, and thanks to the (what it think it was) great deal we worked at the dealer, the payments are a bit lower than what we have been spending on you.
We never understood why that fat sibling was only rated one MPG worse than you. I guess that we have to wait and see if it is any better or any worse.
We hope that the V6 and SH-AWD helps us remember you every time we drive, while we also expect the premium leather, rear HVAC vents, self dimming mirrors, backup camera with guidelines, rain sensing wipers, third row, and softer suspension among others to provide a more enjoyable experience.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Sniff...wipes tear

Congrats, let the mods begin!

TTMDX!?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will be happier with the ride and that nice 3.7 engine. Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Good riddance, and take MMMMike with you.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by DRR98
Sniff...wipes tear

Congrats, let the mods begin!

TTMDX!?
does that mean something? ttmdx?

Originally Posted by XIS

You will be happier with the ride and that nice 3.7 engine. Enjoy!
a whole 30 miles on it and very pleased so far. on a side note, i checked out the 2013 rdx while at the dealer, and it was all that our generation should have been, night and day quality of materials.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Pro

Break it down.

You bought an MDX, right?

TT = twin turbo.

Put them together and what do you have?

The worlds first twin turbo MDX!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Break it down.

You bought an MDX, right?

TT = twin turbo.

Put them together and what do you have?

The worlds first twin turbo MDX!
Hmmm...tempting, but very unlikely. I wouldn't mind a bit more growl out of the exhaust, but there is no sense in spending money on things like that for a brand new car
Old 05-21-2012, 07:16 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Here are the pics of my new baby....

Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I cant wait to get my girl an MDX for our family, even though the new one is a quite abit out of our income right now the 05 is looking a lot better. Im very jealous, such a gorgeous car
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by wrestrepo
Here are the pics of my new baby....

Sweet and congrats! I am so jelly right now. =)
I still can't believe they don't have push start for the MDX.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:05 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by JCRDX11
Sweet and congrats! I am so jelly right now. =)
I still can't believe they don't have push start for the MDX.
More Important, keyless entry ( not fob thing) and the car would be perfect
Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Pro

I love the bi-fold console cover, so much easier for pass to access.

Very nice.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Pro

Very nice.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
More Important, keyless entry ( not fob thing) and the car would be perfect
I know the MDX dates back to 2007, but how can Acura not upgrade the keyless entry like my 2010 TL has, which is quite a bit less. There is no excuse for this omission.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Pro

The roll top covers are cool too.

The one by the shifter - covers cup holders?

The one in the pass foot well? Heated foot massager?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Very nice.
I actually hate it. I don't know why is not hinged at the back and open like all the other cars in the world, OR like the RX opening into te console (disappearing). While I agree that it is easier to access for the passenger than in the RDX, it's not all that ergonomic.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM
StayAtHomeDad

The roll top covers are cool too.

The one by the shifter - covers cup holders?

The one in the pass foot well? Heated foot massager?
Yes, cup holders. Incidentally they should have "fingers" to hold the drink in place, as opposed to those flimsy rubber pieces that don't really do much.

The one in the footwell is an storage cubbie.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As far as cup holders, nothing beats the 2006+ Civic. The best cup holders I've ever had in a car! Nice new ride by the way!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 AM
StayAtHomeDad

I just saw that my car was listed at the dealer I traded it in at. I got $17.5K and it's listed at $21.8K
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Pro

Hopefully that value was taken in consideration for the MDX purchase.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Hopefully that value was taken in consideration for the MDX purchase.
I don't understand what you said...Carmax offered me 16K, the dealer offered me 16K, they saw I was a bit disappointed and asked me how much I was hopping for, I said "at least 17,5K", when I should have said "18K". I got it without any negotiating. I also think that my purchase price was excellent, so in the end worked out fine for me.

I thought about selling it privately, and then the thought of some AZiner coming to look at my car and take the keys for a test drive made me feel nervous.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Pro

^I meant I hope the MDX selling price reflected the price they gave you for your RDX.

Ha, sorry I don't communicate so good.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 PM
StayAtHomeDad

40,495 for a new 2012 tech package, plus destination and blah blah, 42,125 otd...I added a few accessories after that.

And you meant "communicate so well"
Old 06-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats. I like everything about the RDX except the engine. Not sure what CUV I will get in a few years. The non-CUV that is on the further end of the radar is a Jeep SRT8. Once you have a V8, the power and responsiveness is hard to resist. Not so concerned about mileage because both of our commutes are 7 miles away from home (opposite direction for me and the wife).
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Pro

^What is it about the engine that you do not like?
Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had one as a loaner when my wife's RDX was in for service and was amazed at how I didn't really feel the size of it while driving. Will most likely be the next move for the wife!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM
StayAtHomeDad

My impressions after a month of ownership...
- The obvious one, waaaay nicer than the RDX
- The navigation actually works to find places, and the voice commands work way better. I know that this is in part to a newer system, but the RDX's navi is pretty blah.
- The MDX is heavy and you feel the difference. It goes on a straight line, but it rolls on the turns a lot (a bit too much for my taste). 300HP is only adequate these days. I wish that there was some non-warranty voiding easy/cheap modification (hondata) to make it have a bit more pep.
- I don't miss the rough/bumpy ride...I guess this means I'm getting old...
- I miss how nimble the RDX is, but not enough to make me want to go back to it.
- Fuel economy is almost the same, so in that regard nothing has changed
- The dash layout of the RDX was far superior, in the MDX you cannot see the fuel gauge, and the fact that the middle of the instrument cluster is occupied by the MID is annoying IMO. I like to have the speedo back in the center, and be able to see all gauges
- Turbo......I do miss my turbo, specially the kick in the butt you get when it finally kicks in.
- Having said that I miss the turbo, I do really like the smoothness of the V6, this is the first N/A car i've had in 10 years.
- The center stack is better in the MDX
- The "premium leather" in the tech version is miles ahead of the RDX.

All and all a very nice ride, we are very happy and really have no car envy of other people.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:07 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
westpro- a couple of mods you might be able to do to the MDX...

rv6 j-pipe (it's been cooking...richie is doing the test fitting and performance testing right now).
and for handling....switch the RSB to the MDX sport/advance RSB. not sure if there is a difference in the 10+ but i know for the 07-09 the RSB is beefier in the sport models vs. base or base with tech.

other than that...not much in the performance realm. looks and what not...LED lighting to the interior, reverse bulbs, front parking lights, and license plate bulbs.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by SinCity
Congrats. I like everything about the RDX except the engine. Not sure what CUV I will get in a few years. The non-CUV that is on the further end of the radar is a Jeep SRT8. Once you have a V8, the power and responsiveness is hard to resist. Not so concerned about mileage because both of our commutes are 7 miles away from home (opposite direction for me and the wife).
Originally Posted by silverrevlis
I had one as a loaner when my wife's RDX was in for service and was amazed at how I didn't really feel the size of it while driving. Will most likely be the next move for the wife!!!
My impressions after a month of ownership...
- The obvious one, waaaay nicer than the RDX
- The navigation actually works to find places, and the voice commands work way better. I know that this is in part to a newer system, but the RDX's navi is pretty blah.
- The MDX is heavy and you feel the difference. It goes on a straight line, but it rolls on the turns a lot (a bit too much for my taste). 300HP is only adequate these days. I wish that there was some non-warranty voiding easy/cheap modification (hondata) to make it have a bit more pep.
- I don't miss the rough/bumpy ride...I guess this means I'm getting old...
- I miss how nimble the RDX is, but not enough to make me want to go back to it.
- Fuel economy is almost the same, so in that regard nothing has changed
- The dash layout of the RDX was far superior, in the MDX you cannot see the fuel gauge, and the fact that the middle of the instrument cluster is occupied by the MID is annoying IMO. I like to have the speedo back in the center, and be able to see all gauges
- Turbo......I do miss my turbo, specially the kick in the butt you get when it finally kicks in.
- Having said that I miss the turbo, I do really like the smoothness of the V6, this is the first N/A car i've had in 10 years.
- The center stack is better in the MDX
- The "premium leather" in the tech version is miles ahead of the RDX.

All and all a very nice ride, we are very happy and really have no car envy of other people.
jesus h fucking christ. What the hell is wrong with all of you. An SUV is not something you can modify into a railroad track straightener. They are top heavy beasts designed to hall you and your shit, to and fro.
There is no Hondata reflash for an MDX because who in their right mind would waste $300-500 on an MDX? Have you checked your fucking Vigina lately? It is a truck.
The RDX is also a beast. The vehicle that Acura should have turbo'd was the TSX.

This "what will I do to make my SUV better than every other fucking SUV in my neighborhood" is classic BullShit.

Hey douchebag OP, How many other people in your apartment complex own an MDX? Be happy that you can stay home and live off your old lady without getting a job and still drive an MDX.

HA
Old 06-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Pro

^What is it about the engine that you do not like?
Turbo lag and noise/sound (subjective). I had a '07 GTI where the lag was not as pronounced.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Pro

What year RDX? The variable vane works. Boost is instantly at max, max just ain't that high. We have a fresher motor maybe?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Pro

^ 2008 in my sig. I just dropped my C63 in for service and they gave me a GLK. The RDX has a slightly nicer interior and exterior on the RDX is nicer looking. Engine is not as peppy as the RDX but is a lot smoother and quieter. I may eat my words later, but for now, I'm pretty much done with 4-banger turbos.

Other than having my steering rack replaced at 48k (current mileage just a tad under 50k) due to a leak, the RDX has been bullet-proof.

Last edited by SinCity; 06-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
westpro- a couple of mods you might be able to do to the MDX...

rv6 j-pipe (it's been cooking...richie is doing the test fitting and performance testing right now).
and for handling....switch the RSB to the MDX sport/advance RSB. not sure if there is a difference in the 10+ but i know for the 07-09 the RSB is beefier in the sport models vs. base or base with tech.

other than that...not much in the performance realm. looks and what not...LED lighting to the interior, reverse bulbs, front parking lights, and license plate bulbs.
I saw a DIY of the sway bar. Maybe I need to do that to make it glide a bit less.

Turbo lag and noise/sound (subjective). I had a '07 GTI where the lag was not as pronounced.
comparing back to back the RDX with my Saab, both of them suffered from severe turbo lag, but there was something about the RDX that made it feel worse....even with the variable thingy.

What year RDX? The variable vane works. Boost is instantly at max, max just ain't that high. We have a fresher motor maybe?
Maybe that's what it is...

^ 2008 in my sig. I just dropped my C63 in for service and they gave me a GLK. The RDX has a slightly nicer interior and exterior on the RDX is nicer looking. Engine is not as peppy as the RDX but is a lot smoother and quieter. I may eat my words later, but for now, I'm pretty much done with 4-banger turbos.

Other than having my steering rack replaced at 48k (current mileage just a tad under 50k) due to a leak, the RDX has been bullet-proof.
The GLK came out a few months after I got my RDX...boy was I pissed...I really liked (and still do) the looks of the GLK, but I was very very disappointed when I visited the NY auto show and got to play around in one. I thought that the RDX had a nice interior (the nicest I've had up to that point), now I realize that it wasn't all that great. Well, the GLK felt cheaper than the RDX. I got in and immediately changed all my buyers remorse for "I'm glad I got the RDX".......I'm sure that you can package the GLK to be way nicer than any Acura product, but whatever they had on the floor didn't impress me.
And then the Q5 came out...