Call Me Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Call Me Crazy

My RDX is in the shop again to finish the fit and finish issue I had. So this time instead of an RL loaner I get another RDX (White .. Yuck with running boards that hit your leg whenever you get out – to each his own I guess). Well anyways I noticed right off that the average MPG on Trip Computer was over 18.

So this gets me thinking because I don’t even make 16 MPG in city driving on mine. So I reset the Trip A and drive around for about 17 miles in similar driving conditions that I would normally do and low and behold I getting an average of 18 MPG.

Also in seemed that this RDX has less power than mine. On my RDX the throttle is very sensitive and if I’m not watching it from stops at intersections it will push you back in your seat. With the loaner it wasn’t as sensitive and you had to push it farther to get it to go. Also it seams that it has turbo lag where as I don’t sense it in mine. Thus it feels as if its not as quick as mine.

FWIW my wife says this ones ride is not as stiff either. I wasn’t too sure about this one, but first thing my wife said when I got home (she took my other wife/baby/car to the dealer for me) this car seams to me make less noise than yours(didn’t notice this either, but I think my wife is more sensitive to this kind of ride stuff because of her bad back).

Last 4 on vin is the 800’s and mine is in the 6000’s.

So am I CRAZY or is what I saying possible.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many miles on yours? How many miles on the loaner? If it is a dedicated test driver/loaner, It's probably got high miles and being abused a bit. That could account for what you are noticing.

When I test drove and RDX on the day they came out in August, I heard a lot of turbo whoosh. I don't hear it at all in mine. So maybe Acura is making small refinements along the way.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by creativeguy
How many miles on yours? How many miles on the loaner? If it is a dedicated test driver/loaner, It's probably got high miles and being abused a bit. That could account for what you are noticing.

When I test drove and RDX on the day they came out in August, I heard a lot of turbo whoosh. I don't hear it at all in mine. So maybe Acura is making small refinements along the way.
i hear alot of turbo whoosh on mah car
Old 12-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Intermediate

The loaner has only 1200 miles mine has 1900 miles. I was maybe thinking something in the production changed between when they were manufactured. Mine was made 6000 units later.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Hey slick - watch it with the opinions. If I get an RDX, it will be white because I dont want to be another grey or black car in california

Funny thing you mention about the running boards. I really wanted to buy an X3 as a previous BMW owner, but the next time you see one - look at the running boards/side skirts. There is almost no way to not rub your leg against them when exiting the car. I thought the sport package would be better because BMW includes a smoother body colored side skirt, but my leg still rubs when exiting. I sure dont want to be visiting clients with road grunge all over my leg ! The solution on the BMW message board it to "eject" yourself from the vehicle to sort of jump out and over the running board. Keep in mind that the equip an X3 to the same level as an RDX it will sticker for about $45k with no discounts.....and I have to jump out of the vehicle ? I dont get it. I guess if you are over 6' 2" it wuld not be an issue...

Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Your loaner might not feel as fast to you as your car because people who use it might also put regular gas in it instead of premium. The turbo needs premium and the regular gas might be causing reduced performance. It is strange, though, because if that was the case, the loaner should also get reduced MPG. Maybe the MPG would be even higher with premium in the loaner (if it is in fact eating regular right now). Weird.