17" Wheels... I'm Dying Here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by 732xghost
looks great.
Thanks, the drivers side caliper should arrive this week or early next week. It was a lot cheaper than the passenger side so I'm curious as to what parts it's missing.

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
I was just saying that usually a build like this would be reserved for a project car, mine will be fairly daily driven also if i ever get the damn thing back
Oh, yeah I get what you're saying. It won't be anything like yours. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers you put down. Same with BlackAck. I want the inside scoop on the secret build.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Rockin the D2! Purple Pwr

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazin Si
I won't know about the camber until I get the coilovers on and test fit the wheels. I'd rather roll and pull the fenders than buy a camber kit so we'll see.

I'll look into the Nitto's next time. I went with the Falken's because they run narrow and 205 is the about the most narrow size you can buy in 17's. The S Drives have a 195 but it's actually wider than the 205 Falken 512's.
oh, i see.. if you do need a camber kit let me know....

oh, i see nitto are made special for lowered cars and don't wear out as easily when there is camber and i think they offer different sizes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
Oh, yeah I get what you're saying. It won't be anything like yours. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers you put down. Same with BlackAck. I want the inside scoop on the secret build.
I'm just waiting for him to get the damn car back!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
omgggg

dude wow INCREDIBLE job on the rim restoration...they look phenomenal....wow, can't wait to see em mounted o.0
Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by switchfootvz
oh, i see.. if you do need a camber kit let me know....
Good deal. Hopefully these wheels fit fine so that I use a camber kit to dial out some of the natural camber.

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I'm just waiting for him to get the damn car back!
Yeah and you too! Your car has been under wraps for what feels like forever.

Originally Posted by fliplyricist1
omgggg

dude wow INCREDIBLE job on the rim restoration...they look phenomenal....wow, can't wait to see em mounted o.0
Thanks man, I took your advise on clearing the lips and bought this stuff called Zoopseal. It's $100 but chemically bonds to the aluminum and provides a long lasting protective covering. It's nearly 100% transparent so all the buffing didn't go to waste.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM

Good deal. Hopefully these wheels fit fine so that I use a camber kit to dial out some of the natural camber.
wait what do you mean use a camber kit to dial some natural camber?

could u explain?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

wait what do you mean use a camber kit to dial some natural camber?

could u explain?
Oh lol no, I just don't know how much natural camber this chassis has once lowered on coilovers. If it's a lot, I might get a camber kit to remove some of it.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:33 PM

Oh lol no, I just don't know how much natural camber this chassis has once lowered on coilovers. If it's a lot, I might get a camber kit to remove some of it.
ahhh, now u make sense...
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

oooh Zoopseal...heard a lot of great stuff about that. I think I'm going to use it as well when I get the wiser lips professionally repolished this summer. I got a quote for polishing and getting them triple chrome plated. I'd get them chromed but at this point I just want to save as much money for the little things I still have to do like replace both the front axles and possibly the bearings
Old 06-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
oooh Zoopseal...heard a lot of great stuff about that. I think I'm going to use it as well when I get the wiser lips professionally repolished this summer. I got a quote for polishing and getting them triple chrome plated. I'd get them chromed but at this point I just want to save as much money for the little things I still have to do like replace both the front axles and possibly the bearings
i could imagine that your boots are torn already.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, definitely take the wheels apart when using Zoopseal. I had already put mine together and had the tires mounted when I decided to seal them. I'm sure I missed areas around the bolts. The liquid is so thin that it's hard to tell where you've already applied it.

Chrome is a way to go, no doubt.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

Originally Posted by asianspec
i could imagine that your boots are torn already.

haahaha inner and outer boots torn on both sides...its ridiculous how much grease splatter is on my fenderwells

word Blazin, I'm going to seal them before re-assembling...how long is a coat of zoop supposed to last?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

hmmm maybe i should buy some zoopseal before i put my rims on.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:48 AM

haahaha inner and outer boots torn on both sides...its ridiculous how much grease splatter is on my fenderwells

word Blazin, I'm going to seal them before re-assembling...how long is a coat of zoop supposed to last?
wait is that why my boots are already taking beating after a few months?

hmmm maybe i should buy some zoopseal before i put my rims on.
why? you don't have 3 piece rim
Old 06-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

^^ lowering your car (and extreme lowering) can and will greatly decrease the life of your boots and generally all your suspension parts. Compound that with tons of wet weather and you have all the ingredients for premature shot axles...just a part of the game
Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

They claim it lasts 2 years. Some people told me theirs wore off after 6 months but didn't mention what kind of wheel cleaners they were using. Anything that's very basic or has high PH levels will strip it. You're supposed to use regular car wash soap with the proper mixing ratio to clean the wheels. To strip Zoopseal, you're told to use mineral spirits.

Picked the car up today. Immediately started putting my coilovers on. No problem with the rear. Got to passenger side front and the god damn axle boot was ripped. Grease is everywhere. I rolled around in it for about an hour trying to get the old suspension out. It finally came out and I called it quits for the night. I'll pick up another axle tomorrow and finish the suspension this weekend.

Needs some fender rolling, the rust fixed and probably a 10 or 15mm spacer for flushness. The front is jacked up in these photos so the rear is squatting about 1/2 inch. It doesn't look as sunk when it's sitting level.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Those pics make me smile How does it run?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

spacers + rolliing of fenders= Sexy. looks good either way though.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:20 AM

lol, man... contact me if you need the camber kit or the spacers... lol

bro it looks good...
Old 06-11-2010, 02:21 AM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
thank you.... finally, lol
looks so good, especially the color of the face with the color of your car
can't wait to see pics at normal ride height now
Old 06-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Staggered 1st Gen

freakin love it.

in4moarpics
Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Those pics make me smile How does it run?
Runs pretty good. Took twice as long to get home due to insane rush hour traffic. The H23 transmission is geared a bit lower. The car now sits at about 3k rpm at 60 mph. I finally hit WOT on a road near my house and it pulled much better than before.

spacers + rolliing of fenders= Sexy. looks good either way though.
Thanks

lol, man... contact me if you need the camber kit or the spacers... lol

bro it looks good...
Thanks, I think I might try to use a camber kit first and see what that looks like. I might not even need spacers.

Originally Posted by mitch14
thank you.... finally, lol
looks so good, especially the color of the face with the color of your car
can't wait to see pics at normal ride height now
Haha, the wheel really makes Primrose look pink.

freakin love it.

in4moarpics
Thanks, hopefully more pics today.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Those wheels look so sick all cleaned up, especially on the pimprose, can't wait for better pics
Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Thanks, I think I might try to use a camber kit first and see what that looks like. I might not even need spacers.
oh, ok... good... you are going to do the washers in the back?

Last edited by switchfootvz; 06-11-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
cant wait to see non-teasers.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Those wheels look so sick all cleaned up, especially on the pimprose, can't wait for better pics
Thanks man, I'm happy with them.

oh, ok... good... you are going to do the washers in the back?
I think it's worth a shot. There's room to get rid of a little camber as it sits.

Originally Posted by 732xghost
cant wait to see non-teasers.
Nonteasers are here. I'll try to put together a photoshoot on Sunday.

F&F will slam the hell out of your car. There were still a few a threads left and the preload was untouched. This photo was taken earlier in the day. Already flattened the header from pulling it out of the garage.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Stay Low Pro Kinfolk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last picture makes the front look soooo low. So how do you like the FnF's? How does it ride? 10mm spacers would be nice, I think.

It looks great though! Really good job!

Last edited by Kyanite; 06-11-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

They really surpised the hell out of me. I was expecting them to ride like my Civic since they have 12k front and 6k rears, but it's very smooth. I actually turned the dampening adjustment to full stiff and tolerable. I'm scraping everywhere so I might raise it or buy stiffer Eibach springs.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Stay Low Pro Kinfolk

Would kinda suck to have to fork out more money for the Eibachs after all you've done. Would it need to be raised very much at all? If you raised it a tad it wouldn't look bad at all.

Nice to see they ride fairly smooth though. Really considering these for my 3.0. I would be dropped around 2.5" though since I'm on 18's. Looks like your down easily 3".
Old 06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, spending an extra $200 for springs kinda blows, but it might be worth it if the car doesn't scrape as much. I'll likely raise it another 1/4 inch. I don't scrape much on the street unless it's a big rolling dip in the road or if I'm pulling in or out of driveways. When the front tires wear out, they're definitely getting a 45 series tire like rear.

If you decide on the F&F, get the Type 2.5's. They come with custom rate Eibach springs and if you have a 3.0, you'll want at least something like 14k/8k if you plan on going low.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Stay Low Pro Kinfolk

Meh, not really trying to spend more than $800 for some coilovers, and even that's pushing it for me. I'm willing to sacrifice SOME ride quality to save a little dinero.

D2's are 12/7 which I know Flip has on his 3.0 which were one of my other options, and I've heard no complaints thus far.

At 12/6 I'd imagine it wouldn't be terrible. But then again, I'm far from experienced in the suspension department. I'm not trying to hijack your thread or nothin, so my bad if it appears to be so. Lol

YOUR CAR LOOKS DOPE
^^^^ (to keep it relevant) lol.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

you can get custom spring rates on the d2's as well

blazin the rims look sick, especially with that drop
Old 06-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the pics. car looks soo clean!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:52 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
your car looks amazing, soo clean dude
but honestly, the wheels look a little small to me, maybe just cuz i can't see the tires in some of the pics
but this is exactly what i like in cars, clean, no lips/kits, slammed, with a nice set of wheels
nicely done sir
any plans next?
and yes your header and some other things down there will get fucked up, but you are 2.x so you have that frame rail running underneath your engine, so you should be good, aslong as the H doesn't hang lower than it at all, the F oil pan sits a couple millimeters higher in mine, so has only a couple small scratches, while the frame rail has some keep scratches in it and is slowly getting worn down
how low is it from mudflap to ground? prepare to have those shaved down, and possibly in your case, ripped off
Old 06-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys

No other plans right now. I really like the way it looks and drives in it's current form. I'd like to have the stock side skirts and front/rear lips color matched and possibly an HID projector retrofit. I have the money, I just don't know if I want to spend any more on this car. I was raped without lube by the shop that got the motor running. Never thought they would charge as much as they did.

I still have the NSX brakes to install as well as the 98-99 center console. The drivers side caliper ships on the 14th and the slotted rotors will also ship sometime early in the week, so I'll have those put on next weekend.

As for the scrapping, It's mostly from the header since it hangs the lowest. I'm also dragging the front mud flaps big time and occasionally the exhaust. I was worried about banging up the car, but I didn't even make it out of the garage before this happened. Now that that's over with, all the other scrapes don't bother me as much.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 AM

very nice dude.... if, you want to trade d2 for f2 i'll do it.... haha... i don't know if that would be better for you... but just raise the car.. do you have a stock header? you should find a header that doesn't sit as low.

everything is very clean... only two things debadge and maybe wing west
Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
looks amazing.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:34 PM
i like acura

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
keep it like this
Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

wow. super sexy dude, makes me wanna sell my s techs and go lower too.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:47 AM
Staggered 1st Gen

oh my god. wow dude...you just did it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu that stance looks so hard. That's perfection man, don't change a thing...riding dumped has its negatives but keeping it O.G. deserves a level of respect.

I'm riding 9/7 custom rates on my d2's and honestly I wish I woulda stuck with the default rates or something like 13/9....especially since now I'm running into big rear rubbing issues with the 10" widths....sux0rs

but wow man, that looks...so effin perfect... well done

Quick Reply: 17" Wheels... I'm Dying Here...