Bolt Seized...and other stuff!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolt Seized...and other stuff!!

I've looked around and I'm sure the answers to some of these questions are here somewhere, but I couldn't find them, so mods I apologize if this is a repost.

1. So I was installing my Tein Basics today on my 97 2.2 and I got the fronts in without problem, but I noticed that there was no bracket on the Teins for the ABS Sensor and the brake line. I have them zip-tied on right now, but will be fabricating a proper brace/bracket later on this week. Is this normal?? Is there a better way to solve this problem??

2. Also, I wasn't able to remove the lower strut bolt on the rear passenger side - it's seized. I torched it, put a long-bar on it, and it's getting to the point where I'm going to ruin the bushing if I reef on it any longer. Any suggestions - before I break out the grinder??

3. Lastly, I also noticed that my driver-side rear brake caliper is leaking. It's not the bleed valve. Can I just replace the caliper, or do I have to replace the whole caliper and parking brake assembly together??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated folks!!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
2. but you're going to end up breaking out that bushing, if the bolt is seized, it's toasted. Suggestion, get new bushings and install those.
Plenty of people have had the same issue on the rears.

3. Yes, you can replace just the caliper. Just order a new one, install, and brake bleed.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pjosh
I've looked around and I'm sure the answers to some of these questions are here somewhere, but I couldn't find them, so mods I apologize if this is a repost.

1. So I was installing my Tein Basics today on my 97 2.2 and I got the fronts in without problem, but I noticed that there was no bracket on the Teins for the ABS Sensor and the brake line. I have them zip-tied on right now, but will be fabricating a proper brace/bracket later on this week. Is this normal?? Is there a better way to solve this problem??

2. Also, I wasn't able to remove the lower strut bolt on the rear passenger side - it's seized. I torched it, put a long-bar on it, and it's getting to the point where I'm going to ruin the bushing if I reef on it any longer. Any suggestions - before I break out the grinder??

3. Lastly, I also noticed that my driver-side rear brake caliper is leaking. It's not the bleed valve. Can I just replace the caliper, or do I have to replace the whole caliper and parking brake assembly together??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated folks!!

3. I've got the same problem with my rear caliper, I'm replacing it this week. I juts picked up a new one at autozone, only problem is, they only give you the 2 copper spacers, and none of the other hardware for it, anyone know if it's ok to reuse the hardware on the old caliper??? Or should I get brand new hardware?

Just picked up the caliper, rotors and pads, hopefully this will be fairly easy, just a bit worried abotut he caliper change.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
ariseMedia.net

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190539

I just went though the same thing. Saw it off, and replace it.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Instructor

oooooooo......dirty......that bolt looked FUSED!!!!
the weird thing is, my mechanic installed my sportlines last year and didn't have any problems.....it's hard to believe that it's seized THAT bad in a year...