wrecked my car and went to jail !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 12:56 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrecked my car and went to jail !!!

i was driving down the road and this satern was trying to race me and all i was trying to do was get over so i could turn. he would not let me over so i got on it. just after i did that some lady turned out infront of me and i had no were to go the cops were all dicks making fun of me and saying shit like there glad i wrecked my car. ( i promise they did say that) anyway the kid in the satern got a ticket and got to go home and i went to jail. the cop said we were racing and he said he saw us line up witch is bullshit, i was just trying to got over!!! they gave me a ticket for wreckless driving, drag racing and speeding. my car isn't totalled but it's about 5 to 6 k to fix. i have to got to court on dec 14th.

i'll post pics tomorrow
Old 12-01-2001, 01:35 AM
Ham Sandwich

that fucking sucks.. why'd you go to jail.. drag racings just a 8 point ticket.. no jail time
Old 12-01-2001, 01:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Shit sorry man! That is complete bull what they are feeding you, but remember it is there word against yours...be cool and it should go better for you.

Sorry to hear...
Old 12-01-2001, 01:40 AM
Burning Brakes

damn man. Im sorry to hear that! Good thing you are ok. That is bullshit. Was the saturn stock? I bet since your car is modded thats what made the cops act like assholes. North Carolina is where you stay huh??? Houston is full of cops that are like that especially if you are in my situation.( asian guy with nice black car modded) they always think we are trying to race. O well maybe thats the price to pay in order to have your car the way it is. Anyway good luck in court. You should hire a lawyer. They shouldn't of said they were glad you wrecked your car. That can be used agains them on court of law.
Old 12-01-2001, 01:46 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by f0de
that fucking sucks.. why'd you go to jail.. drag racings just a 8 point ticket.. no jail time
i'm not the brightest one in the bunch, but it probally had something to do w/ him wrecking while they were racing
Old 12-01-2001, 02:02 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,180 Likes on 688 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Were there any other witnesses around that could have seen the saturn trying to race you? i hope everything works out for you
Old 12-01-2001, 02:13 AM
Intermediate

yeah you atleast need to make the most of the insurance money and make your CL even nicer....LOL hey atleast i'm optimistic.
Old 12-01-2001, 02:22 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by ghander

i'm not the brightest one in the bunch, but it probally had something to do w/ him wrecking while they were racing
Yep..endangerment of innocents or some stuff....
Old 12-01-2001, 02:35 AM
Ham Sandwich

you get in an accident, and you go to jail now a days?.. interesting.. i could see if the women died that pulled out..
but.. he was driving and got in to an accident is basically what it breaks down to.. the racing part will get dropped in court to observing a drag race most likely.. which is just a fine.. unless you live in the city.. then your getting points heh..
Old 12-01-2001, 02:38 AM
Instructor

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Well...still waiting for you to hit low 13s. I guess that would have to wait.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:04 AM
Advanced

Sorry to hear that man. At least everyone is ok. Try looking on the bright side of things.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:31 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW! That really sucks! I hope everything turns out ok!
Old 12-01-2001, 10:26 AM
Turn Signals are good!

should have slowed down well, at least everyone is ok. Say good bye to your liscense unless you get one hell of a lawyer!
Old 12-01-2001, 11:00 AM

thanks for all the nice replys. i glad everone was ok, it's just the only thing i don't understand was if we were so called "racing " and we both got caught why did i go to jail and he didn't

i wasn't racing. i couldn't get over and couldn't slow down because their was a car behide the satern and i need to turn soon. finally here comes the old lady across the intersection like we weren't there it's not like my car isn't the same color as a fire truck or anything and just as loud
Old 12-01-2001, 11:53 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally posted by f0de
you get in an accident, and you go to jail now a days?.. interesting.. i could see if the women died that pulled out..
but.. he was driving and got in to an accident is basically what it breaks down to.. the racing part will get dropped in court to observing a drag race most likely.. which is just a fine.. unless you live in the city.. then your getting points heh..

you go to jail if you are racing someone and you get in an accident. It's wrecklass driving and then endangering others.
Old 12-01-2001, 11:55 AM
teh Senior Instigator

fastvtecCL, i've seen this situation a few times. They take you to jail for driving wreckless. And causing an accident at such high speeds over the limit. The racing also adds to it. Sorry man, just how shit goes. Best of luck.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:08 PM
Safety Car

I agree with ghander....the only reason for you going to jail and not the other guy was because you hit the lady and not him. If both of you got into an accident then it would be both of you going to jail, but it wasn't. Sorry man..

Fode, what makes you think they will drop the racing part? This is a question and not meant as a critic in any way.. The cops came out and said that they saw him dragging, which means if the cops want it to come off as racing that is what it will come off as??
Old 12-01-2001, 12:13 PM
Racer

when u goto court and they don't let the racing go tell the police that yajarobi said lick my nuts and pull out ur wang and slap them across the face with it. oh yea sorry to hear about what happened.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

damn racing a saturn and cant even admit it.....
Old 12-01-2001, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by TeamInfamous
damn racing a saturn and cant even admit it.....

FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU BULLSHIT SWAP YOU DON'T HAVE !!!!!

I COULD FUCK UP YOUR PEICE OF SHIT CL WITH MY WRECKED ON RIGHT NOW
Old 12-01-2001, 06:02 PM
Burning Brakes

You got a point
but you would need a new tire first.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:02 PM
teh Senior Instigator

i've N/A saturns in the high 14's. I've raced a few, i'll admit it. Those v6 ones are pretty quick, i bet they could hang w/ an SI
Old 12-01-2001, 08:30 PM
Racer

Sorry to hear about your accident. Cops can be pricks sometimes. My friend and I were going to the movies once. He was speeding, 65 in a 35. Cop pulls him over and says he's going 90 and throws him in jail. We spent the rest of the night calling up our lawyer and bailing him out. Dumb cop said he had to do 90 to catch up to my friend. Guess he never made it through high school. If you did 90, then my friend must be going slower than you in order for you to catch up. Don't get me wrong. Not all cops are like that. Some of them are pretty cool but some are assh*les. Good luck with everything man.
Old 12-01-2001, 11:33 PM
Instructor

good luck with the car it most likely wont be totaled I had 9000 dollars worth of damage on my car and they didn't total it I fuc_ed up the whole front I have new fenders a new hood new bumper new radiator new radiator supports new engine mounts new airbags and a lot of other new stuff I can't even think of I don't know what I would have done if they totaled it I am lucky. my car still runs like it did before the accident so I would be very very suprised if they total your CL good luck and I am really sorry to see what happened I know what it feels like just hang in there and you will be okay just glad you and everyone else is okay I dont know what I would have done if anyone in my car got hurt when I had my accident just glad I got my CL back take it easy and hang in there

PS: I am glad for insurance if they didn't pay to get my car fixed I don't know if would have ever got it back I have had it back for 2 months and no problems with it

I almost forgot my friends just crashed their blue SI's they were racing each other for fun and crashed there was I belive 4 cars involved total in the accident my friends both went to jail for a few hours and didn't lose there licenses the reason you went to jail and not the other guy is because you crashed and the cops said you were racing. one of my friends was charged with causing the accident the other wasn't my friends got charged with wreckless driving and endangering the public and some other stuff they still have to go to court so I will see what happens to them then good luck and just tell them the truth in court
Old 12-01-2001, 11:55 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

That's fucked all to high hell and back!

That is pure bullshit!!!!

I am sorry about your load, get it fixed and be back on the road man, it sucks being a pedestrian!!!!

The cops said they observed you racing this piece of shit Saturn, hmmmmm, bring that up in court, since they observed you but never trailed you with thier lights on trying to pull you over and stop the racing or to cite you for breaking the law. I mean, common sense says why wait until some serious shit happens, like an accident, before casually pulling up lame next to you guys and writing tickets? WTF?

Get a lawyer, figth the fight to save your license and driving priviledges, then dick the asshole with Saturn later, it's his fault your load is shot - being "Macho Man" in the car and driving like a punk ass biatch! That is some ol' DC style taxi driving!!!! I pesonally would have kicked his ass when we stopped, at least make it worth while to go to jail.

KHA! KHA!
Old 12-02-2001, 01:45 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Re: wrecked my car and went to jail !!!

Originally posted by fastvtecCL
i was driving down the road and this satern was trying to race me and all i was trying to do was get over so i could turn. he would not let me over so i got on it. just after i did that some lady turned out infront of me and i had no were to go the cops were all dicks making fun of me and saying shit like there glad i wrecked my car. ( i promise they did say that) anyway the kid in the satern got a ticket and got to go home and i went to jail. the cop said we were racing and he said he saw us line up witch is bullshit, i was just trying to got over!!! they gave me a ticket for wreckless driving, drag racing and speeding. my car isn't totalled but it's about 5 to 6 k to fix. i have to got to court on dec 14th.

i'll post pics tomorrow
ok... at the risk of sounding like an ass to you... why the fuck didnt you let him pass and get behind him?!
If you wanted to get over so bad you would have.. no dont get me wrong.. i am sorry for you mishap and happy all was ok... but you got caught up in your machismo and need to deal with the fact that there are consequences to face!!! we have all been there before.... doesnt make you any less or any different from any of us... but to cry a river over it and look for sympathy is retarded... be happy you are alive and that you didnt kill anyone else!!!!

I dont recall who off this board it was that got arrested for vehicular mansluaghter after killing his friend by crashing, but atleast that wasnt for stupid racing!! you get what you deserve!!! KNOW BETTER FOR NEXT TIME!!!! and be safer, or you wont be able to tell the story the next time!
Old 12-02-2001, 02:21 PM
Safety Car

Re: Re: wrecked my car and went to jail !!!

Originally posted by Casper98CL

ok... at the risk of sounding like an ass to you... why the fuck didnt you let him pass and get behind him?!
If you wanted to get over so bad you would have.. no dont get me wrong.. i am sorry for you mishap and happy all was ok... but you got caught up in your machismo and need to deal with the fact that there are consequences to face!!! we have all been there before.... doesnt make you any less or any different from any of us... but to cry a river over it and look for sympathy is retarded... be happy you are alive and that you didnt kill anyone else!!!!

I dont recall who off this board it was that got arrested for vehicular mansluaghter after killing his friend by crashing, but atleast that wasnt for stupid racing!! you get what you deserve!!! KNOW BETTER FOR NEXT TIME!!!! and be safer, or you wont be able to tell the story the next time!
He said later in a post that there was a car behind the saturn..
Old 12-02-2001, 02:29 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Re: Re: Re: wrecked my car and went to jail !!!

Originally posted by tw1112
He said later in a post that there was a car behind the saturn..
SO WHAT!!!!!! there are millions of cars on the road that encure that same situation time and again and they wait their turn ands fight a way in... NOT RACE and CRASH , then CRY!!!!
Old 12-02-2001, 11:05 PM
Pro

DUDE .....

Man I haven't been on the forum for a few days and ...shoot

Are you ok though? Too bad I don't have pics of my accident on the comptuer .... cuz it looks similar to mine... however I was struck in the passenger's door by a Cherokee.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:33 PM
AWD Torque Monster

james ur car is crashed too??? in nov?? wtf is up w/ nov?