Wrecked the CL..fell in love with a GM :-) btw seriously 56k ppl its 2008 lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea...i guess its really about what makes YOU happy, not what makes all of us happy, we're not the ones driving it...enjoy it man, but im not gonna lie, personally and im sure several will agree....the CL's are a whole lot more appealing than the buick...
Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Azine's only Punk PFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thevikas87
yea...i guess its really about what makes YOU happy, not what makes all of us happy, we're not the ones driving it...enjoy it man, but im not gonna lie, personally and im sure several will agree....the CL's are a whole lot more appealing than the buick...
Originally Posted by Dicorp
if you dont own a cl anymore and a dont contribute to this forum by helping ppl with theirs, dont ever bother posting.
(except for the don't bother posting part)

However, I did almost buy a 1949 buick roadmaster special, instead of my second CL..... one day though I'll have a classic boat, one day......
Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Azine's only Punk PFC

Originally Posted by andy2.3
However, I did almost buy a 1949 buick roadmaster special, instead of my second CL..... one day though I'll have a classic boat, one day......
Dammit, I meant super, but not like anyone here cares.....

I'm guessing this thread is probably off topic now.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,461 Likes on 3,055 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy2.3
I'm guessing this thread is probably off topic now.

Everyone quit hatin on his buick it's what he wants and he likes it
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Nice car, my mom has a 2000 Regal GS, same color combo and same wheels. The cars rides great and I love the torque. The only thing I don't like is the interior. That car has the worst interior! Everything is so plain and some of the plastic peices don't fit correctly. Like the bezels around the door handles and power window buttons.

This past summer my dad and I went in on an '86 Regal T-Type with 86k miles. It's going to be our little project car these next couple years.

Good luck with it. That would be a fun car to put a turbo kit on.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazin Si
Nice car, my mom has a 2000 Regal GS, same color combo and same wheels.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

As fast as the buick may be, its still a BUICK. It just looks bleh.

If you are happy, all power to you.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
cmon guys, we're all car enthusiasts here. we can have a civil discussion w/o bashing him for buying a buick. If he likes it, he's the 1 thats driving it n thats pretty much all that matters. No matter how fast it is, theres always someone out there thats faster anyway.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Racer

This has to be the funniest thread I've ever read on this site. I have taken into consideration the dude is only 19. Hell, I had a 1980 Buick Century for a second car back when I was his age. it ran like a horse and rode like a Cadillac but I drove the Scirrocco when I went out on dates.

He reminds me of that other dude that ran around here talking about that boring Impala SS. Yeah it had a 350 under the hood and could beat any Acura but who the fuck would want to be seen driving a boat like that, especially if you're a man in your 40's with a baby seat straped up in the back. Okay, I digress. Still, if I was a 19-year-old kid today I'd snatch up a Buick GNX in a fuckin' heartbeat and destroy everything on the drag strip.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Sideswipe
This has to be the funniest thread I've ever read on this site. I have taken into consideration the dude is only 19. Hell, I had a 1980 Buick Century for a second car back when I was his age. it ran like a horse and rode like a Cadillac but I drove the Scirrocco when I went out on dates.

He reminds me of that other dude that ran around here talking about that boring Impala SS. Yeah it had a 350 under the hood and could beat any Acura but who the fuck would want to be seen driving a boat like that, especially if you're a man in your 40's with a baby seat straped up in the back. Okay, I digress. Still, if I was a 19-year-old kid today I'd snatch up a Buick GNX in a fuckin' heartbeat and destroy everything on the drag strip.
What dose being 19 have anything to do with buying a Buick? I'm 17 and have a CL. Yes it kinda looks like a chick car (i get that from my friends allot cuz their jealous ) but a buick? I'm sure he can beat my CL hands down but still.. At least the CL has class..
Old 01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
What dose being 19 have anything to do with buying a Buick? I'm 17 and have a CL. Yes it kinda looks like a chick car (i get that from my friends allot cuz their jealous ) but a buick? I'm sure he can beat my CL hands down but still.. At least the CL has class..
I'm saying on average the typical teenage kid can't afford a car with "class". Then you have some kids that choose to go the cheap sleeper route just to be different as in Ghost97's case but realize after they've grown up it was a goofy decision. There was no such thing as a CL anything back in 1985 when I was in my teens. The popular thing to do then was to scoop up a Cutlass Supreme or a Regal if you were into cheap American cars. Back then the Scirrocco was a very rare car in my area, so I scooped it up. Today you kids have all kinds of choices in what you want for your first car.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 PM
SOLD

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
Originally Posted by Sideswipe
I'm saying on average the typical teenage kid can't afford a car with "class". Then you have some kids that choose to go the cheap sleeper route just to be different as in Ghost97's case but realize after they've grown up it was a goofy decision. There was no such thing as a CL anything back in 1985 when I was in my teens. The popular thing to do then was to scoop up a Cutlass Supreme or a Regal if you were into cheap American cars. Back then the Scirrocco was a very rare car in my area, so I scooped it up. Today you kids have all kinds of choices in what you want for your first car.
Being 19 had to do with it because as we get older, I think people have a natural tendency to reminisce and evaluate their past. I am only 23 and can already look back at when I was 18 and think "idiot!"...In my opinion Buick is definitely not considered a younger persons most fashionable choice of vehicle. Yes the 3800 and many of it's drivetrain components are bordering on ancient, but it seems that's what GM intended. The created something that worked and stuck with it, adding a s/c for help and put their R/D efforts into other projects. FWIW I would take the Buick over a similar Monte Carlo or Grand Prix, more luxury but same prep, yet also same American build quality

Going from a 1G CL to this is a definite straight line performance increase though. It is FWD? I don't know about other people, but I personally would have loved (still would love) a Grand National or even this...

Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Originally Posted by ghost97
I think a automatic 1998 Buick with a 20 yr old engine design beating completely new TL-S and CL-S an accomplishment. Nothing like blowing the doors off tuners in my buick with portholes and chrome wheels. For the price of boosting most acuras the buick could be made to outperform, outbrake, out handle and outrun that same car.

Im used to alot of people hating on the buick part but come spring/summer time im going hunting for em
HAHAHAHA i cant even begin to tell you how many ignorant things you said in this post. Your car CAN be quick, not fast. Thats it.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Racer

The fastest Buick on the planet, the GNX, only had a top speed of 124 mph. Buicks have NEVER been top end cars. I found that out the hard way. I blew two 3800 engines only doing the top registered speed of 85mph.

Back when most of y'all was a glimmer in your dad's eye my first car was a Scirocco:

I haven't seen one on the road in years. Just think--the new Scirocco is supposed to be coming out this year:

Old 01-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Waw, whats up with the buick hating guys.

Yes, the car is american, and it has low resale value and so on.. but damn, he got it to 300hp without spending a fortune. Im sorry, but its is kinda sweet to have a ride as comfortable as a buick that is capable of beating "fast" cars on a straight.

Although, i dont think it'll do wonders on a track.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Yes, they are nice cars, but he's bragging about racing a 4 door 3.8 Supercharged sedan beating a 3.2 acura
Old 01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Advanced

First off damn theres alot of ignorant haters on here. So let me get this straight, just because its a buick its a old person car that most of you feel free to hate on? Im guessing just because your rebadged mainstream hondas have that "A" on the front gives your car cred and its ok to mod? other then its a buick with low resale value what else do you have to hate on?
Old 01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Advanced

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...2b014c2528.htm

stock bottom end and a well tuned budget turbo setup
Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
chips and smokes, lets go

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First off damn theres alot of ignorant haters on here. So let me get this straight, just because its a buick its a old person car that most of you feel free to hate on? Im guessing just because your rebadged mainstream hondas have that "A" on the front gives your car cred and its ok to mod? other then its a buick with low resale value what else do you have to hate on?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I laughed because you stated it's possible to build your buick to out handle, outbrake, and out perform any honda. To this date, I have yet to see a Buick on the tracks.

As all cars, you're limited. And you're more limited than we are when it comes to building a well balanced car. And that begins with your platform...

I went to your boards, and read what I needed to read. I am not impressed. Yes, you can get her going in a straight line at a low cost, but that's NOTHING new with cars that come boosted already. You can get a Evo in the 12's without even touching it. And this shit can go on forever.

I'm not saying I know everything about every car, but I've always been open about every car. I love all cars in general, and have a broad knowledge for them. I just don't agree with your previous statement. But as I mentioned, yes, I agree your car can be made quick in a straight line at a low cost. But that doesn't surprise me coming from an already boosted car.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
2600lb CL

1.94 60' , 13.100 @ 104.8mph, Best R/T .008 -->MOD List<--

This guy has:

intake
headers
exhaust
pullies
ported supercharger
injectors
lsd
forged pistons and rods
3.29 gears and a stall convertor @ 2300 rpms

He ran a 13.1! He's 60ft looks great too, so no excuse there. Like I said before, all cars are limited. I understand you're excited about the power. And I understand that some members came at you harsh. But just calm down a bit. No need to call us ignorant. For the above mods, and to run a 13.1 is not impressive. I think we all know what we can see/expect with those mods in other cars, both domestic and import. And I'm not talking shit on this guy's car. I have much respect for the money/time he invested. I'm just trying to get my point across to you, that's all. I saw your thread, start with the pulley. Worry about tuning untill a bit after you start with the mods. It'll be more beneficial for you. Like they said, tuning with a stock car, you won't see much. Mixing mpg and power in a boosted car is harder than NA cars. You won't see an increase in mpg when adding power. What you could do, would be stick with an aftermarket air filter and lose some weight on the car. NA cars have a better tendency to see increase in mpg with basic bolt ons. You won't see this in boosted cars, they have to run rich...You have to come to a conclusion now whether you want your mpg or power.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Regardless of speed. It still has the styling that appeals to an old person. I don't think think the buick is even ugly i just feel its bland and boring.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
2600lb CL

Reminds me of the Ford Contour. My friend had the SVT one, loved that thing. He totaled it and went with his Mustang like he always wanted.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Quicker than U Think

Wow, seems like this board has changed a lot...there are actuall a few haters. I met a few of you guys back when I lived in LA. met one TLS at LACR. Buick and Acura are are two different ways to get to the same place...classy rides that are reasonably quick. I might be a little older than most here, I am 38. My Regal runs 13s in the crappy Florida summers....

BTW, have they ixed the tranny issues with th TLs...I might want toget one to replace my V. Dang differentials are too weak.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Advanced

i dont think most here understand that I love for all cars (owned datsuns, caprice, cougars, towncars, cl and a buick in less then 3yrs) and am trying to give it the credit it deserves. Saying it could be built to outhandle all CLs was a overstatement but i stand behind everything else. By no means am i saying that they cant be built to handle but Ive seen the capabilities of the acuras so in that category they got it.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldnt put it in acura class, because i dont really consider buick in the same class. but the taurus SHO i would consider in the same class, really fast cars that can be even faster cheap. but they're cheap, ugly, and nobody really drives them because of that.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:38 PM
2600lb CL

In the end, for any car, it's just a money game. I gave your car credit before you ever even brought it up. Along with a few others...Sentra's and Mirages are among my favorite sleepers for imports. For domestics, I've always loved the SVT Contours and the Saturn "namegoeshere" (i've seen them in the 10's, could have sworn I've seen one hit single digits).

I loved seeing these cars take people by surprise at the street races back when I use to go.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
2600lb CL

And how can I forget that GMC Cyclone small pick up truck. That thing is a freaking beast! Wouldn't mind having one of those!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Quicker than U Think

Originally Posted by AznX TL
i wouldnt put it in acura class, because i dont really consider buick in the same class. but the taurus SHO i would consider in the same class, really fast cars that can be even faster cheap. but they're cheap, ugly, and nobody really drives them because of that.
Actually, the original TL and Regal were direct competitors in the "near" luxury category. Price point were similar as was performance, they just went about it in different ways. Unfortunately, Acura never was considered true luxury like Lexus did, but it did find a great niche in the sports "near luxury" arena. I've seen some mags put the TLS in the same class as the Pontiac GTP, and I think that is a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, I saw a link to this site on the Regal board, and thought I would stop in...I think it has been a few years.

Just a point I thought was amusing...most of the Acura guys posting in this thread joined way after me here...can I call you all Newbies? Here is a belated, welcome to the board. Sorry, i couldn't resist. If any of you guys run at Moroso in S. Fl. let me know I'd be happy to meet up at the track for some friendly runs.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Racer

I'm not hating on you, Ghost97. This was my Buick back in the 80's:

Old 01-28-2008, 08:02 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
In the end a car is a car. You cant talk down Acuras because your Buick is faster. Chris (Cocoa) had dumped a shit load of money in his ride. Its unique and yes fast. I just dumped $3000 and $1500 yet to go minus a stoker and turbo kit. Yes your car MIGHT be faster but you cant walk in here talking down the cars which belong to this forum and expect people to give you positive comments.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by SupraManAG
but you cant walk in here talking down the cars which belong to this forum and expect people to give you positive comments.
To that, saying you could outhandle and outperform ALL acuras

/thread

this isn't going anywhere anymore