Window roll up module + and Remote start questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
SANJOCL

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Window roll up module + and Remote start questions

hey guys.

so i got my viper 791xv put in yesterday but ran into a few things. so naturally i wanted to see if you guys can help cause youve been a lot of help to already.

question number one
so my alarm has remote start capabilities. and we know how to install it (although it took forever to locate the tach wire without knowing the location) but my friend said that he wouldnt be able to do it cause my key has a circuit??..ive never heard that before. so what im asking is do i have to do anything special besides tapping the tach wire in order to do remote start? cause he mentioned i have to get some sort of by-pass module but ive never heard of that...

question number two
i have a window module thingamabob (lol)..i need a window wiring diagram in order to install that. is there a place i can get it or does anyone have it handy?

this alarm is pretty cool. if any of you are wondering whether or not to buy it, you should. for the price i think its worth it...

mabuhay..

(oh im mark by the way)
Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
as far as the window regulator, see the DIY section and search for it, there's a link in it that shows how to do it step by step, it's really easy.

PS, just to let you know, that info is in the NOOB guide, so give it a read or use the search feature before you post a question.

Duck
Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need a bypass module so that your car can detect the key when it remote starts. Which means you will have to make a spare key to put it into the module, not just any spare key, only a transponder key will work. 555U or 556U bypass module will do.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
SANJOCL

yeah sorry about not posting that i searched in the forums already. mustve slipped my mind. but yeah i searched in the forums for the window diagram already a few days ago and didnt find anything. either that or i probably used the wrong search words. its not just the window regulator though. the thing i have is a module for my viper alarm that makes the windows roll up when you arm it. thats what i needed the window wiring diagram for. or if thats where i even connect the module to. i havent found many people that have it. i guess its not that popular

but where can i get those modules that you speak of for the remote start?? can i just grab them offa ebay or something?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Fast Foward>Rewind>Play

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ahh, seems like too much work for a remot start. thats another $100 for a key if you dont have an extra
Old 10-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Germ
but where can i get those modules that you speak of for the remote start?? can i just grab them offa ebay or something?
Ebay or any audio shop should have them in stock (should not be very expensive)

Originally Posted by Orlando3.0
ahh, seems like too much work for a remot start. thats another $100 for a key if you dont have an extra
$100 extra if you buy it from the stealership...which i would not reccomend.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:54 PM
SANJOCL

so do i need to keep the key in the ignition or does that module have a place to put my key in? cause i wouldnt really want to keep my key in the ignition.

anyone got the window wiring diagram? all i can find is information on where i can get a window regulator. not really wat i need
Old 10-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Turtle Charged, Biotcch!!

so do i need to keep the key in the ignition or does that module have a place to put my key in? cause i wouldnt really want to keep my key in the ignition.

anyone got the window wiring diagram? all i can find is information on where i can get a window regulator. not really wat i need
I can get you the wiring diagram, give me the make/model/year/engine...
Old 10-19-2006, 11:00 AM
My other car is a DSM

The 556uw is what I have here at my BBY shop... the key will sit inside the module, doesnt have to be in the ignition. What I would recommend is either having the new key made and not cut (just made for the transponder in it) or grinding the teeth off so if someone breaks in and finds it, they dont have a key to drive your car away. The 556u(w) will have a ring that you install around the front of the key cylinder that transmits the signal from the transponder in the key so the car thinks the correct key is in the ignition.

As for the window wiring... youll want the 530T module to control the windows. The wires youll need to get to in the car are in the drivers door.

Drivers window up-dn: red/yellow - red/blue
Passenger up-dn: blue/yellow - blue

These wires are alternating voltage... meaning if one is + and one is - the window goes up... if you reverse the polarity, it goes down. You have to be careful with the drivers side window wires... because our cars have auto-down (full click moves the window all the way down) you have to make sure you tap the wires NOT at the window switch harness in the door, but at the 2 wires comming out of that harness and going to the window motor itself. (this is for the drivers side window wires only... the passenger side wires can be tapped at the harness that plugs into the window switch on the drivers side). Have fun snaking 8 wires through the boot between the car and the door

let me know if you need any more help, i do these things all the time and have tons of wiring info on all cars.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
damn.... sounds like a job foooorr...a professional
Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
My other car is a DSM

Originally Posted by PimpCL23
damn.... sounds like a job foooorr...a professional
indeed... if youre not familiar with automotive electrical systems, and youre in the area of northern NJ, give me a holler
Old 10-19-2006, 03:46 PM
SANJOCL

Originally Posted by TurboMike
The 556uw is what I have here at my BBY shop... the key will sit inside the module, doesnt have to be in the ignition. What I would recommend is either having the new key made and not cut (just made for the transponder in it) or grinding the teeth off so if someone breaks in and finds it, they dont have a key to drive your car away. The 556u(w) will have a ring that you install around the front of the key cylinder that transmits the signal from the transponder in the key so the car thinks the correct key is in the ignition.

As for the window wiring... youll want the 530T module to control the windows. The wires youll need to get to in the car are in the drivers door.

These wires are alternating voltage... meaning if one is + and one is - the window goes up... if you reverse the polarity, it goes down. You have to be careful with the drivers side window wires... because our cars have auto-down (full click moves the window all the way down) you have to make sure you tap the wires NOT at the window switch harness in the door, but at the 2 wires comming out of that harness and going to the window motor itself. (this is for the drivers side window wires only... the passenger side wires can be tapped at the harness that plugs into the window switch on the drivers side). Have fun snaking 8 wires through the boot between the car and the door

let me know if you need any more help, i do these things all the time and have tons of wiring info on all cars.
good lord man...im driving to jerzey...lol...

thank you much for the info. i just printed it out and im gonna bring it back to my buddy to take a look at...

but as far as the transponder key...they have some on sale on ebay that i was planning to buy..but the auction said that i have to get the key programmed...is there a way i can do this myself?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:15 PM
JARVASPEED

I've ran wires throught the factory boot between the door and the body....it took almost two hours each door. After getting the driver side done I thought it would be just the same at the pass. side. I thought wrong, There is sheet metal practically blocking the opening for the boot. Yes, I am a proffessional and no I didn't have my wire feeder with me.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
My other car is a DSM

Originally Posted by jarvas36
I've ran wires throught the factory boot between the door and the body....it took almost two hours each door. After getting the driver side done I thought it would be just the same at the pass. side. I thought wrong, There is sheet metal practically blocking the opening for the boot. Yes, I am a proffessional and no I didn't have my wire feeder with me.
yeah its a pain in the ass, professional or not lol. even with a wire feeder, sometimes theres a molex in there thats a bitch to get this many wires through, and some of the wires here are fairly heavy gauge. plus in some cars, the boot has a very annoying curve to it. luckily in this case you only need to work with one side to control both windows.

Originally Posted by germ
but as far as the transponder key...they have some on sale on ebay that i was planning to buy..but the auction said that i have to get the key programmed...is there a way i can do this myself?
nope... by the dealer
Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TurboMike

First of all, thanks for the input. But I am cussing mad right now because there is some seemingly incorrect info in this . I spent 3 hours snaking those 8 wires before I realized I can tap the passenger's side ones from under the dash (without running into the door). Now I've started testing it using the passenger down wire (blue so you say) and unless I'm WAY off, it's not the blue one... it's either the blue/yellow, or the blue/black. I'm pretty sure the blue one controls the on off lockout switch.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Gaujo
First of all, thanks for the input. But I am cussing mad right now because there is some seemingly incorrect info in this . I spent 3 hours snaking those 8 wires before I realized I can tap the passenger's side ones from under the dash (without running into the door). Now I've started testing it using the passenger down wire (blue so you say) and unless I'm WAY off, it's not the blue one... it's either the blue/yellow, or the blue/black. I'm pretty sure the blue one controls the on off lockout switch.
That blue wire is a two way wire, it has a wire within a wire. Meaning that you can't put it back together very easily... So goodbye lockout :-(
Old 04-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Racer

Ok so I'm a retard. That blue wire was totally the WRONG one, and it apparently has something to do with the transmission, as evidenced by the blinking gear indicator and "my transmission is gonna fall out" style shifting! Be sure if you work w/ wires coming from the door you intercept them right as they come in with the door jam because afterwards it is very hard to isolate them. Sorry for dissing your info MIke!

PS damn it would be nice to be able to edit...
Old 04-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Advanced

I got my key with the chip in it from Westlake Ace Hardware (where I work) for around $20.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Racer

BTW the only way I could figure out to make the 530T work was to bridge between the green/white and the one on the opposite side of the plug (far side) and run it in A/C mode. Then you have to change the power going into the green/white wire from ignition wire to the one u have for your Module (direct instead of ignition) if you want to be able to use your windows with the car off.

This gives you full functionality at drivers side, passengers side, and if you figure out how to wire it, I think you can get your windows to drop or go up from your factory remote (I'm still working on that). This was the most bitch of an install I ever did, and I don't recommend it unless you really know what you're doing, or you can convince me to write it all down.

Omw to buy some replacement fuses