Window Reg died.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:24 AM
W WHIP.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window Reg died.

Know any way to get the window back up? It died when the window was down and I cant get it up. The door panel is off and when the cars running I can hear something start up but the window still doesnt go up. Its really pissing me off and I really need to get the window up. I read most of the window regulator threads but theres nothing on how to get the window back up and stay up.

Also, if I were to try WD40 on the window tracks would that help at all or should I not even bother. If anyone has or knows of any driver side window reg's please pm me.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Mmmm...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When mine died the window was up but fell down a little...

I would suggest, since you have the door panel off, to try to push on the part where you can see the window and push up. so you have a little bit of force.

Or get some kind of screw driver and pry under it...

After you get it up a little grab the top of it, and pull it the rest of the way up

I kept mine up by using like super adhesive duct tape... but be sure not to get the tape on the paint... (duh)

And dont keep it on too long... I took mine to the shop and it was done in less than 2 days after it happened...

Good luck
Old 06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
W WHIP.

Do I need to disconnect anything? it doesnt seem to want to budge at all.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
mine died once when it was about half way down and the cable got tied up in it so I couldnt even push it back up. You should be able to manually push the window back up when you take off the door. If not, then you gotta do what I did, which was a pain in the ass: get your knuckles all dirty and reach up there with some hand tools and removed those bolts connecting the window to the track to free it up. get a friend to help hold the window up as well.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:50 PM
W WHIP.

so basically you took off the metal piece from the window? How did you hold it up? And I cant find the cable. When i look in it, all I see is the metal bow looking track, some chords at the top and the motor on the right. Then at the bottom of the track is a metal piece holding the window to the track.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
sold!

damn that sucks dude
Old 06-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by Shoshinsha_KiDs_CL
damn that sucks dude
Happens to all CL's
Old 06-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeroCL
so basically you took off the metal piece from the window? How did you hold it up? And I cant find the cable. When i look in it, all I see is the metal bow looking track, some chords at the top and the motor on the right. Then at the bottom of the track is a metal piece holding the window to the track.
yea I took the metal piece that holds up the window off. I had a friend holding the window while I took it off and put in the new regulator.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:09 PM
where is....

*psst* get black to help you.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by AznX TL
*psst* get black to help you.
I'll be in joisey for the week, he's on his own unless he wants to help. I did console him for a few hours this morning over text message
Old 06-10-2007, 02:50 AM
Instructor

mine windows messed up also at the moment, driving around with no door panel moving my window by hand lol
Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
W WHIP.

For some reason my window never was able to move by hand. Fortunately I called my mechanic. He said that I should hit the inside of the door panel. I said fuck you and hung up. ok, maybe not but it was kind of a smart ass/serious comment he made so i was like whatever. Out of frustration I hit it a couple times. Still nothing. 5 minutes later I hit it again and pushed up on the switch and pushed the window and it worked!!! So now the window is up. The reg should be in, I have to pick it up. I'm riding no door panel so it looks ghetto as fukk and road noise is pretty annoying, thank you system for drowning that out.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Instructor

For some reason my window never was able to move by hand. Fortunately I called my mechanic. He said that I should hit the inside of the door panel. I said fuck you and hung up. ok, maybe not but it was kind of a smart ass/serious comment he made so i was like whatever. Out of frustration I hit it a couple times. Still nothing. 5 minutes later I hit it again and pushed up on the switch and pushed the window and it worked!!! So now the window is up. The reg should be in, I have to pick it up. I'm riding no door panel so it looks ghetto as fukk and road noise is pretty annoying, thank you system for drowning that out.

one of my friends also told me to hit it but i think my problem is worse i think it has something to do with the wire
Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Mmmm...

Wait... Is it holding itself up?

And yea... haha I rode around with no door panel for a few days it was fun...
Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Happens to all CL's
I WISH the window was the least of my worries. Today I find out if im keeping the CL or dumping it.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
W WHIP.

yeah its keeping itself up. maybe i dont need a new reg? cause if it was shot would it continue to fall? It goes down with ease but it wont even budge as far as going up. Im not going to mess with it cause I need it to stay up as long as possible but yeah I have nothing holding it up. Maybe my reg didnt die? Any ideas?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Mmmm...

Well when mine died it wouldnt stay up...

What happened was the cable just snapped... or something like that... the cable was the problem with mine... and therefore you had to replace the entire thing

I don't know if you need a new one or not.. I'd go ahead... these things suck anyway
Old 06-11-2007, 08:31 PM
4x4- fat chicks cant jump

yeah its keeping itself up. maybe i dont need a new reg? cause if it was shot would it continue to fall? It goes down with ease but it wont even budge as far as going up. Im not going to mess with it cause I need it to stay up as long as possible but yeah I have nothing holding it up. Maybe my reg didnt die? Any ideas?
I can only roll my pass. side window down with the drivers side control, not up. I have to lean over and use the pass. side window switch to roll up the pass. side window. Is that the same kinda thing youre running into?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
W WHIP.

No, yours sounds like a wiring issue. Mines on the driver side. I press down, it goes down nice and smooth. I press up, and it sounds like something is spinning as in maybe the motor is moving but wont go up. Last time it went down and stayed down. Than I punched the panel and it went up. I threw the arm rest behind my seat cause i have a habit of opening my window so I only use it if I need to for the mirror controls. But other than that my interior panel is off and Im not going to try putting the window up and down anymore.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Mmmm...

No, yours sounds like a wiring issue. Mines on the driver side. I press down, it goes down nice and smooth. I press up, and it sounds like something is spinning as in maybe the motor is moving but wont go up. Last time it went down and stayed down. Than I punched the panel and it went up. I threw the arm rest behind my seat cause i have a habit of opening my window so I only use it if I need to for the mirror controls. But other than that my interior panel is off and Im not going to try putting the window up and down anymore.
^Good idea...

Yea your regulator is toast
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Your regulator is DEAD fool