washington is getting bad

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 12:10 AM
Racer

washington is getting bad

really bad. coming home from port orchard yesterday, passed a lancer and pulled up on a tahoe, it was tan, no antennas, no lights. cop in the driver seat staring me down pacing me for like 8 miles.

on the way to school today, i saw someone pulled over by a navy blue subaru legacy 2.5 gt. also no lights or antennas.

i dont even want to get into the chargers around here.

is it this bad everywhere else?
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:24 AM
Burning Brakes

around here in my parts of Texas the locals are dumping the old Crown Vics for the Chargers, all the big units are still Tahoes/Suburbans. . . a few clean ghost(no badging, or any give-away signs) Camaro pursuit cars lying around too, still sticking with the domestics down here, I almost got burned by a clean unmarked charger a few weeks back, I guess he just tried to scare me for trying to pass him already going 5 over (in the left lane) he hit the lights, I hit the brakes, and he shut it down

when I was still living up there in Bellvue (and I really wish I still was), id see some local cops running around in clean civics and other miscelanious tuner cars, looking to take down the street racers, but while I was up there it was still prett heavy on the crown vics, that was 5 years ago
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:34 AM
Racer

yeah the state patrol in kitsap just picked up a brand new black civic si coupe. from what ive heard theyve been trying to just do like 40 rolls with people and shit and screwing them over. they got a black wrx too, a few chargers(all around 600hp), and misc. suburbans, tahoes, etc
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:39 AM
Burning Brakes

round here the cars are all factory tuned, with all the extra police equipment, there isnt that big of a street racing problem here, so I guess I can understand it. . . but yeah I remember up thereit was all about the races and shit, it was cool, but really, I never got into it, tuning, yes. . . racing, no

but I do remember King county running some crazy shit out there to bust those guys, id always hear the stories, and since I was ROTC and re occasionally helped out the police as volounteers id see some up close
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:48 AM
Racer

poulsbo BOOMING, we have like 5 housing developments going up right now all around like 500 houses each, and everyone moving in is stacked. they just built a new high school in kingston, because of the population boom, which is where i go now. at the school i used to go to in poulsbo it was nuts

kid with an 07 sti, kid with an 04 wrx thats all tricked out, a few se-rs, 350z's. whats normal around here is for someone to get something like a new mazda 3 or scion tc for their first car, so as you can expect, theres lots of racing.
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:50 AM
Burning Brakes

oh yeah, I know it, in my old area they got civics as 1st cars and went to build them like crazy. . . I got the CL as my first for 5 grand, I realized it was a luxury car, not a sports car real fast :p. . . and went easy on the mods, dumped my fill into the system
Old 04-24-2008 | 12:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

When I was there in late 98 early 99 I lived in Mill Creek. I got caught on the 405 just south of 168th where the I5 and I405 meet up north. I was racing a Cobra in my 69 Le Mans w/ a 455SD. (About 475 hp) I was up into the 160's when we got caught. 3am empty highways, and some rich kid probably in his dads very nice looking Cobra. My Lemans was primer gray with some old rusty Kragers. I just could not resist. Long story short, I skunk his a**. Cop ended up writing us tickekts for 19MPH over. I was scared and thought I was going to jail. The Cop actually ended up chatting a bit about my Lemans and took a look under the hood. After the initial a** chewing though.

Well My point was, he was in a unmarked, I think it was a Lumina, or mayby a Alero. Some 4 door domestic sedan you would never think was a cop. He had little tiny red and blues in the front grill.

Here in Colorado I've seen a few unmarked Highway patrols on I25 between Fountain and Pueblo. They also are switching to the Chrager R/T's with a very very low profile bar of lights on top. Makes it hard to tell. I have some Cops friends who have been in the new Chragers that the State troopers are using. They sound fast but I doubt any of them here are in the 600HP range. Maybe just tuning to bump em up a bit.
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:03 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by 972.2
really bad. coming home from port orchard yesterday, passed a lancer and pulled up on a tahoe, it was tan, no antennas, no lights. cop in the driver seat staring me down pacing me for like 8 miles.

on the way to school today, i saw someone pulled over by a navy blue subaru legacy 2.5 gt. also no lights or antennas.

Yeah, when i was in Vegas I saw all that shit. They use anything that they impound. I have seen full size chevy trucks with no lights to fucking civics.
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Yeah, when i was in Vegas I saw all that shit. They use anything that they impound. I have seen full size chevy trucks with no lights to fucking civics.
I lived there from 1988 to 1997, during my High school and early driving days. The biggest problem for me there was the motorcycle cops. Metro has a ton of them, and man can they hide! I don't think I ever really saw and undercovers. Although I'm sure they were there.
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:29 AM
i like acura

yeah washington is bad. today in totem lake i saw 3 white staters, and an unmarked pt. Cruiser. ive seen some crazy stuff around here. everyone is making the change to chargers. Eventually thats all theres gonna be
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:53 AM
6speed

i remember back in the day when the everett races were big, they would use taxi cabs. either that or they painted thier crown vics yellow to look like cabs
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spencer_homer
yeah washington is bad. today in totem lake i saw 3 white staters, and an unmarked pt. Cruiser. ive seen some crazy stuff around here. everyone is making the change to chargers. Eventually thats all theres gonna be

yeah and im having trouble coping already, I swear Ive trained myself to see the Crown Vics a mile away and all that, but the stupid chargers blend in too well. . . I swear at a good distance they look to me like older VW Jettas from the headlight configuration

and CH46, I knowthe area youre talking about, it was close enough to where I was up there, I didnt really like that area, but for me it was primarily I-90 as the only one I really needed, to go anywhere, so there it was
Old 04-24-2008 | 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

You should see the DUI checkpoints around Pittsburgh I don't drink and drive anyway
Old 04-24-2008 | 08:56 AM
Peace, Love & Acura

They are just getting down right sneaky. Around here, they use what ever cars the take form drug busts. Could be an SUV, could be a sedan, you just never know. Best suggestion is to keep in the envelope and not risk it.
Old 04-24-2008 | 10:26 AM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Originally Posted by G22_Powered_YA1
up there it was all about the races and shit, it was cool, but really, I never got into it, tuning, yes. . . racing, no
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
You should see the DUI checkpoints around Pittsburgh I don't drink and drive anyway
Haha, This is what makes AZine so great! Most of us here have common sense.
Old 04-24-2008 | 10:31 AM
Instructor

I feel you bro, Yeah i stay in olympia! Cops are gettin way more sneaky as the days pass. Mostly around here, juss the navy blue impala, and also the charger..
Old 04-24-2008 | 10:38 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
I lived there from 1988 to 1997, during my High school and early driving days. The biggest problem for me there was the motorcycle cops. Metro has a ton of them, and man can they hide! I don't think I ever really saw and undercovers. Although I'm sure they were there.
Oh yeah. You have no idea. The bike cops are the WORST. To add, they also have the worst attitudes.

What high school did you go to?
Old 04-24-2008 | 10:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Oh yeah. You have no idea. The bike cops are the WORST. To add, they also have the worst attitudes.

What high school did you go to?
9th and part of 10th grade @ Basic in Henderson, then my parents moved to Eastern and Warm Springs area so I went to Green Valley the rest on 10th grade. Then Silverado opened up and I spent 11th and 12th there.
Old 04-24-2008 | 11:03 AM
W WHIP.

I just saw a crazy ass charger in Mt Lebo the other day, it was all marked and shit though. If i was around a township that had the STI unmarked i'd probably want to be a police officer just to drive that..haha.
Old 04-24-2008 | 11:08 AM
Racer

like ive said on here before, north kitsap, where i live(which is pretty small), is the training ground for all the state patrol of washington. its horrible.
Old 04-24-2008 | 11:15 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
9th and part of 10th grade @ Basic in Henderson, then my parents moved to Eastern and Warm Springs area so I went to Green Valley the rest on 10th grade. Then Silverado opened up and I spent 11th and 12th there.
Thats cool. I don't think I knew anyone that went to any of those schools.

I went all 4 years to Chap.
Old 04-24-2008 | 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
I just saw a crazy ass charger in Mt Lebo the other day, it was all marked and shit though. If i was around a township that had the STI unmarked i'd probably want to be a police officer just to drive that..haha.
There's a ton of new unmarked chargers, only way you can tell them, is they have window deflecters, and the light cluster in the front window, I've been seeing them everyday now driving to and from town
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:55 PM
i like acura

like ive said on here before, north kitsap, where i live(which is pretty small), is the training ground for all the state patrol of washington. its horrible.
werd on that bro. everyone knows thats the worst area. whenever i drive through there i never speed. they got that one opening between freeways, ive seen 10 cops there, and one radaring, just runnin shop all day long
Old 04-24-2008 | 01:57 PM
i like acura

Originally Posted by G22_Powered_YA1
yeah and im having trouble coping already, I swear Ive trained myself to see the Crown Vics a mile away and all that, but the stupid chargers blend in too well. . . I swear at a good distance they look to me like older VW Jettas from the headlight configuration
my friends joke that i can smell them, cause i have the eye for em. and its true the mkIII jettas, the inside parking like resembles crown vics... make that mistake all the time. but as far as seeing cops at night. i can tell its them from a good distance away just because the little amber light right on the inside of the headlights.
Old 04-24-2008 | 03:30 PM
SANJOCL

here in cali, especially in the LA and in the bay there are always undercovers.

one time i was waiting with my lady in front of my friends house and this 91 integra (this was back in 2004) rolled up to me and i was all "whats up" and the fucker got out of his car, and he was fully dressed in uniform. then i looked in his car and he had the cop set up (with the laptop and crap like that). he asked us to get out the car and he searched it.

i didnt care..i had smoked all the weed that was in there earlier. hahahha...but it was just wierd how he was drivin an old ass integ
Old 04-24-2008 | 04:02 PM
W WHIP.

thats messed up he just searched your car like that though. weird..
Old 04-24-2008 | 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

lol u guys think u got it bad....try NYC. I've seen cops in GS400's, Mercedes', cabs, chargers, impalas, civics, SE-R's, Acura TL type S, Volvo s40, 300zxTT, mustangs, camaros....literally any gotdamn car thats on the road may be a cop. It REALLY sucks.
Old 04-24-2008 | 04:22 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
lol u guys think u got it bad....try NYC. I've seen cops in GS400's, Mercedes', cabs, chargers, impalas, civics, SE-R's, Acura TL type S, Volvo s40, 300zxTT, mustangs, camaros....literally any gotdamn car thats on the road may be a cop. It REALLY sucks.
Damn! All they have is crown vics, cougars, some new chargers, and an occasional camaro.
I have NEVER seen a cop in a Japanese car.
Old 04-24-2008 | 05:12 PM
W WHIP.

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Cops in cabs..hahah. Those bastards. The crazy thing is any car they have probably has some swapped in engine, or highly modified. I wanna see oneeee.
Old 04-24-2008 | 05:15 PM
W WHIP.

Old 04-24-2008 | 05:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by spencer_homer
werd on that bro. everyone knows thats the worst area. whenever i drive through there i never speed. they got that one opening between freeways, ive seen 10 cops there, and one radaring, just runnin shop all day long
around gorst/ next to the tacoma bridge is the craziest thing ive ever seen. driving to oregon a few months ago in like 3 miles i think i passed about 25 speed traps, half of which were undercover.

i live in poulsbo, right next to sr 303. state patrol on every exit, i swear to god.
Old 04-25-2008 | 12:09 PM
SANJOCL

Originally Posted by ZeroCL
thats messed up he just searched your car like that though. weird..

yeah what an ass. and he was not polite about it at all. if he didnt have his hand on his taser i woulda said some shit but i wasnt finnuh get tased. he looked real good too..like even all my hiding spots.
Old 04-25-2008 | 06:11 PM
smoked by a Focus

poulsbo BOOMING, we have like 5 housing developments going up right now all around like 500 houses each, and everyone moving in is stacked. they just built a new high school in kingston, because of the population boom, which is where i go now. at the school i used to go to in poulsbo it was nuts

kid with an 07 sti, kid with an 04 wrx thats all tricked out, a few se-rs, 350z's. whats normal around here is for someone to get something like a new mazda 3 or scion tc for their first car, so as you can expect, theres lots of racing.

Yeah its tough to compete with kids who get handed cars like that to start out life. Must be nice. My first car was a grade A hoop-die $100 1978 Malibu, no heater, no wipers, springs thru the seats, no gas cap, and on and on. It still drove me to get the party many a night tho.

BTW- got any pics of the CL 972.2? I must have seen your car around.
Old 04-25-2008 | 08:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 98 CL
Yeah its tough to compete with kids who get handed cars like that to start out life. Must be nice. My first car was a grade A hoop-die $100 1978 Malibu, no heater, no wipers, springs thru the seats, no gas cap, and on and on. It still drove me to get the party many a night tho.

BTW- got any pics of the CL 972.2? I must have seen your car around.
i got bored so i actually decided to just take some.

Old 04-25-2008 | 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Looks great, wash your wheels
Old 04-25-2008 | 10:08 PM
how handsome I am

sweet jesus that blows man. Just stay under speed limit at all times and good luck
Old 04-25-2008 | 10:35 PM
Advanced

they doin it dwn here in VA as well. theres not a single cop car u cant imagine.. they have a stealth compltly blck 350z chargers camaro they still got there regular cars. and word has it they have shelby completly stock... there crzi here..
Old 04-26-2008 | 12:00 AM
Burning Brakes

oh god I miss it up there. . . whats all that green shit in the back, I think I remember them being called trees. . . but that was oh so long ago
Old 04-26-2008 | 11:59 AM
Sounders FC

Yeah WA has a ton of trees....everywhere.
Old 04-26-2008 | 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

yeah and I liked it. . . sure beats Texas, endless nothingness, and buildings of course, but I miss the big dense tree clearings back up there. . . and the weather. . . GOD I WANNA GO BACK

Quick Reply: washington is getting bad