Venom 400 Reviews Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venom 400 Reviews Wanted

If you own a automatic, and use the Venom 400 please give your opinion on it.

Thank You.

And to the person who put a note on my car (Countryside/Sterling VA) thank you for letting me know about this site.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:07 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i have it. im still trying to get it working right. the venom wire diagrams were all wrong. so if some1 has one working right please tell me what color wire u spliced into on the tps and map sensor. and what color venom wire u hooked up to it. i heard if u just do ther oppisite of what they tell u it works fine. right now my venom turns on but then doesnt turn off. i haven't swaped the wires yet. but even like that the car takes off alot faster. and i do get thrown into the back of my seat. dont buy it if u have no other mods. when i fist put it on my car was stock and i didnt think it was worth it, but after my exhast and cai it works much better.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:35 PM
Adrienne

Originally posted by 197CL:
<STRONG>If you own a automatic, and use the Venom 400 please give your opinion on it.

Thank You.

And to the person who put a note on my car (Countryside/Sterling VA) thank you for letting me know about this site.</STRONG>

AAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!! THAT WAS ME!!! YAY!!!

Omg I am so excited... Do you have any idea how long it took me to get up the nerve to go put that on your car? I was so scared you'd have a super sensitive alarm that'd go off or something, or else that you'd think I was a total fag and throw it away... YAY!!!

Nice to meet you. Are you from Countryside/Sterling or were you just parked there for a while?
Old 07-17-2001, 03:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by AngelCL:
<STRONG>

or else that you'd think I was a total fag and throw it away... YAY!!!

</STRONG>
well thats a given
Old 07-17-2001, 03:42 PM
Adrienne

I meant that I thought he'd think I was a guy with girly handwriting, cuz I wrote it really fast on a paper towel I had in my backseat (I'd been washing the windows earlier, and had a roll back there), but I'm glad he didn't think that, or that if he did, his curiosity won out.
Old 07-18-2001, 12:18 AM
3rd Gear

Ok first off, what gives you all the impression I am male?

I had found this site awhile back but I think it was when it first went up, nothing really worked, and I surely did not see this forum. But then one morning when I walked out to my car sitting on the side of the street, due to the community repaving my court, I found the note. Then I remembered the site and thats why I am here now. So THANK YOU AngelCL for showing me the light!

I would love to see your car, I also have the Pro-Kit but have yet to change the wheels, I am just not really sure how much I want to do as I am really into street bikes. Unfortunantly I totalled my last one and am without one currently.

Anyways, thanks again for telling me about all this.
Old 07-18-2001, 02:43 AM
Adrienne

If you are not male, then my deepest apologies, because I know better than anyone the frustration involved with everyone assuming that you have to be a guy to be into cars.

However, the sad fact is that MauiWowie and I are the only women in the First Gen room, and two of maybe 15 women in the whole 2000-count Acura-CL.com family... and I just assumed.

Besides, I saw that you had lowered yourself and you are debadged (as am I) and I figured, you know, not too many girls are into it. I'm weird, I know.

BTW, you have the Prokit? I hate you; I have the prokit and it looks like I raised myself. You are MUCH lower than me. Where'd you have it installed?
Old 07-18-2001, 06:47 AM
3rd Gear

Angel, I am sorry I did not think you would take it that seriously, I am male, I was just joking around. I guess my sense of humor sucks in my old age, LOL!

Anyways, I saw the pic of your car, looks really nice. I think why you might have the "lifted" look is becuase of the wheel size. Not really sure, it is hard to tell from the pic.

I installed the Pro-Kit myself, one of my friends is a mechanic at Fairfax Honda and we used the equipment there to do it.

So what does your "better half" think about you working on your car?
My wife likes it alot better than if it were another street bike.

I choose the CL due to the fact that I very rarely saw any around. And it is still not often that I see many of the 1st gen, which is fine by me. I like to be different, I don't mind that it is not the fastest car out, however in my mind all cars are slow, bikes are whats fast!

And no you are not weird, I wish my wife was more into stuff like this. They say your partner should also be your best friend, however when you don't have similiar interest (other than in the bed ) it is sometimes hard. Anyways, I say more power to you for being yourself and not allowing society dictating what you do and do not do.