Turbo or Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002 | 01:11 PM
Instructor

Turbo or Supercharger

Hi.

My question is does anyone know of a turbo charger for a 97 2.2 cl or a supercharger. I also just want the blow off valve noise. IF it is possible does anybody know of anything that goes in the engine and will give me that blow off noise, without having a turbo? Anything will help. Thanks for looking.

tony
Old 04-11-2002 | 01:15 PM
Banned

Re: Turbo or Supercharger

Originally posted by siempre2211
IF it is possible does anybody know of anything that goes in the engine and will give me that blow off noise, without having a turbo?
Try here:

http://www.ASRproducts.net/level4/prod-ID144722
Old 04-11-2002 | 01:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

better off posting in first gen.

dont fake it...... get a Drag Gen 2 turbo kit for the car.
Old 04-11-2002 | 01:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Not sure why you'd want to just make the noise of a blow-off unless you have a turbo ??

Anyway... I'll move this to the First Gen forum since some of those guys have done turbo stuff....

Pull_T: LMAO!!
Old 04-11-2002 | 01:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Turbo or Supercharger

Originally posted by Pull_T

Try here:

HAhAhAhAhAHHaHaHAhAHhaHAhAHAHAHHAhAhAh
this made my day ! thats some funny shit @!
Old 04-11-2002 | 01:39 PM
fuh-Q

LOL :thumbsdn: please dont do that!
Old 04-11-2002 | 01:56 PM
Cause stock sux.

I actually saw something on E-Bay where you put a speaker box in your engine and it makes the "PSSHHHHhhhh" sound every time you get off the accelerator.

Buy it if you want...But I think its

Old 04-11-2002 | 02:04 PM
Racer

Try here:

Concept: 8
Execution: 10

Way to get in with the first reply. Marvelous.
Old 04-11-2002 | 02:05 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Turbo or Supercharger

Originally posted by proactive

Concept: 8
Execution: 10

Way to get in with the first reply. Marvelous.
I'll be here all week, remember to tip your waitress.
Old 04-11-2002 | 02:10 PM
Intermediate

i just roll down the window and make a pssssss sound
it definatly makes you go faster
Old 04-11-2002 | 04:13 PM

Try here:

Hahaha, dahahah, that was the funniest thing i have heard all day.
Old 04-11-2002 | 04:32 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Originally posted by Got Rice?
I actually saw something on E-Bay where you put a speaker box in your engine and it makes the "PSSHHHHhhhh" sound every time you get off the accelerator.

Buy it if you want...But I think its

Hey I want one those.
Old 04-11-2002 | 10:22 PM
Not Registered

Try here:
Everytime I see that done in a post I laugh my ass off.
Old 04-12-2002 | 01:14 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Pull T,

I had to show some people what you just did to that jackass of a dummy! Talk about funny!

I think he should just turn in his handle and retire to some other forum for that one. And you quoted him, so he can't deny trying to get up in your shit!

I bet you 10-1 that he feels like...............:angry: :angry:
Old 04-12-2002 | 03:41 AM
6th Gear

HEY DUDE DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE GUYS. JACKSON RACING MAKES GREAT SUPERCHARGERS. IN FACT THERE IS BLOW OFF VALVES FOR SUPERCHARGERS AND THEY SOUND CRAZY. MY BROTHER HAS THE VORTECH SUPERCHARGER ON HIS CIVIC SI AND HE HAS A BLOWOFF SWITCH WHICH LETS OFF EXCESS AIR.
CALL JACKSON RACING BECAUSE HALF THESE GUYS THAT DRIVES CLS ARE STUPID.DO YOU SEEN ANYBODY WITH A 12 SECOND CL IN THIS FORUM. SHIT EVEN MY CL IS SLOW. BUT I DON'T CARE.
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

1rstGen5lug um yeah... forget to turn the caps-lock off?

first.... we're not stupid.

if you were actually informed about CL's you would know that jackson racing does not make any superchargers for the F22/23 or J30.

as for the BOV sound you cant just slap one on to the intake tube because you actually need higher boost levels for it to function.

um yeah... we know our cars are "slow" i'm sure you can just pull a 12 second CL out of your ass.
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:52 AM
6th Gear

Are you mad buddy.I never stated that I have a 12 second CL. Second I live in Cali and I know Oscar Jackson. Owner of Jackson racing. And you can make a custom supercharger for a CL. You don't think superchargers for every car were once custom. I'm alot older so don't think your the smartest guy out there buddy. I was trying to help out the guy that asked the question. Cause you guys are writing him calling him a idiot. That's a really good way to treat our Cl members. Ne ways there is about three or four shops you can go to out here in southern cali and get a custom supercharger on your car.It's going to cost an arm and a leg but if your willilng to pay those prices go for it. If you really want to fix up your car get a H22 motor for your car. From there you have a really good motor to work with. Good luck on your car.
Old 04-12-2002 | 05:23 AM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

Re: Turbo or Supercharger

I also just want the blow off valve noise. IF it is possible does anybody know of anything that goes in the engine and will give me that blow off noise,

Originally posted by 1stGen5lug
Second I live in Cali and I know Oscar Jackson. Owner of Jackson racing

Call Oscar and ask him to make you a custom fake blow off valve noise maker and you'll get the same response as the members posted here.
Old 04-12-2002 | 07:15 AM
fuh-Q

I HAVE FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY AND JUST BUY THE SOUND.
http://www.takakaira.com/php/template.php3?id=163&cat=3
Old 04-12-2002 | 07:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 1rstGen5lug
HEY DUDE DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE GUYS. JACKSON RACING MAKES GREAT SUPERCHARGERS. IN FACT THERE IS BLOW OFF VALVES FOR SUPERCHARGERS AND THEY SOUND CRAZY. MY BROTHER HAS THE VORTECH SUPERCHARGER ON HIS CIVIC SI AND HE HAS A BLOWOFF SWITCH WHICH LETS OFF EXCESS AIR.
CALL JACKSON RACING BECAUSE HALF THESE GUYS THAT DRIVES CLS ARE STUPID.DO YOU SEEN ANYBODY WITH A 12 SECOND CL IN THIS FORUM. SHIT EVEN MY CL IS SLOW. BUT I DON'T CARE.
hey bud ............ no one makes a SC for 1gn 2.2 ......... i m not sure about 3.0 cause its not what i have ...........just FYI its easy to get anything for a civic
Old 04-12-2002 | 10:43 AM
Banned

How can I not flame that jackass for asking a question like that? No one is claiming you can't put a BOV on a supercharged car.

What exactly is your fuggin point?
Old 04-12-2002 | 11:18 AM
Moderator Alumnus

ok. lets not have this turn into another flame-war.

yes, it would cost an arm and a leg to retrp-fit a supercharger on the CL. comptech is coming out with a blower setup for the J series engines preety soon, but the tranny is still problematic.

I'm not the smartest person out there. the question was of a ricey nature. if you ask anyone the same thing (fake bov) you will get the same response.

a turbo for the F series if the only thing out on the market currently, and even that has to be retrofitted from the 94-97 accord. comptech is next in line as soon as they release the blower.
Old 04-12-2002 | 12:06 PM
Racer

Are you mad buddy.I never stated that I have a 12 second CL. Second I live in Cali and I know Oscar Jackson. Owner of Jackson racing.
Whoops, looks like you dropped something back there. Oh, it was a name. Your credibility just went up 10-fold.

And you can make a custom supercharger for a CL. You don't think superchargers for every car were once custom. I'm alot older so don't think your the smartest guy out there buddy.
Yes, the maturity level of your post speaks to that point.

I was trying to help out the guy that asked the question. Cause you guys are writing him calling him a idiot. That's a really good way to treat our Cl members. Ne ways there is about three or four shops you can go to out here in southern cali and get a custom supercharger on your car.It's going to cost an arm and a leg but if your willilng to pay those prices go for it. If you really want to fix up your car get a H22 motor for your car. From there you have a really good motor to work with. Good luck on your car.
Kind of like the way you're treating a Moderator?
Old 04-12-2002 | 12:16 PM
Racer

Originally posted by 1998CL3.0
I HAVE FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY AND JUST BUY THE SOUND.
http://www.takakaira.com/php/template.php3?id=163&cat=3
That is absolutely hilarious.

Originally posted at said link
The sound generated is conspicuous, and will not make one have a second look to ensure if it is genuine.
Sold! I'll take 4.
Old 04-12-2002 | 02:19 PM
Instructor

Thanks for all the FRIENDLY comments

Well like I said, i just want the noise. Ok I already OWN 2 cars ok. I Own a 99 Civic Ex with 7 stage purple Pearl, and Chrome rims and a tight as sound system JL audio. I also OWN a 97 Cl 7 stage Blue Pearl. OK I Dont have to repeat my self. My CARS are both paid off. So that means that I will Be getting My race car PRELUDE SH or my SUV Acura MDX. ok..... Now I dont want to spend 16 thousand dollars for a tubro charger, for one its bad for your CAR, Sencond You not going to feel it until about 4000rpms or higher. ok. OUr cars redline at 6.5 roughly. Now what is the point of spending money on a cars speed and horsepower if you cant even feel it till almost redline? to some it might make sence but to me it dosent. the real reason i want the NOISE is just because i like the NOISE. Turbos are a bad investment to a car. ITS BAD! but to each there own. Ok. I have my views on life and things I chose to express it here because i thought that driving an acura cl would all put us in the same boat. but now i feel like there are only a few people that understand my point. I just want the Noise. not the problems that come with a turbo and i dont need the horse power. My car is just for show. I plan on putting Air bag suspension on my car to. what else does that tell you.

And also, you think im some ricey motherfucker well this rice boy is about 17 days away from going to Affganistan to fight this fuckin war on terrorism. ok. I am doing this great country a favor, im trying to help. I just wish that all of you would just shut your mouths and just let it go.

I m glad you found my question funny. Hey what ever to make people laugh. laughing is a very good exersize. and buy the looks of it SOME OF YOU NEED IT! DAJUICE27 and PULL-T man whatever...........i hope thats not your picture right under your name?..................dam now i know why you have all that time on your hands to make funny images.........owell

To all that really actually help me THANK YOU Im fighting for you

GOD BLESS AMERICA and The FREEDOM OF SPEACH
Old 04-12-2002 | 02:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

a well set-up turbo wont harm your engine. 8psi is a nice and round number to keep in mind. the F series engines are low compression, so there is no need to worry about killing it. it does cut down on the lifespan of the engine, but nothing significant unless you are crazy with it.

depending on the housing and blade combo you pick, the turbo could spool at 2500 rpm. most people out there use the bigger turbo's that give you more boost, but at higher rpm's.
Old 04-12-2002 | 02:56 PM
Lurker

hahahahaha.....

this thread is actually pretty funny. Sad to see that we gotta get all mad bout this stuff. My friend and I were actually talkin bout this the other day cuz I wanted to get a turbo just for the BOV too. He's like....dude, just get a recording of the BOV sound, burn it on a cd, roll down your windows, aand BLAST it while your driving! People won't know the difference!!! hahahahahahaha!.....aiight, just thought that was funny....
Old 04-12-2002 | 02:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

hummm as long as i thought operation is almost over and they are pulling people out .... are you a Marine, or Green Beret or Navy Seal or maybe Army Ranger no no Delta Force or Air Force Special Operations?
Old 04-12-2002 | 03:08 PM
Instructor

No not delta or anything else but an 91 wiskey. do you know what that means? i am a Field medic. ok i save lives while putting mine on the line.............buddy.
Old 04-12-2002 | 03:23 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

LoL, should I even touch that last line? Ahh...i'll just let it be
Old 04-12-2002 | 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

No not delta or anything else but an 91 wiskey. do you know what that means? i am a Field medic. ok i save lives while putting mine on the line.............buddy.

well look at bright side of it ........ you got 2 cars so your job must be paid well (we all know what it is now) .......... i aint got no 2 cars so go figure
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:14 PM
Banned

Re: Thanks for all the FRIENDLY comments

And also, you think im some ricey motherfucker well this rice boy is about 17 days away from going to Affganistan to fight this fuckin war on terrorism. ok. I am doing this great country a favor, im trying to help. I just wish that all of you would just shut your mouths and just let it go.

To all that really actually help me THANK YOU Im fighting for you

GOD BLESS AMERICA and The FREEDOM OF SPEACH
Hey, man...I'm sorry, I had no idea you were fighting for our freedom. I TOTALLY RESPECT THAT AND DEEPLY APOLIGIZE FOR POKING FUN AT YOU....

My uncle was actually a 91 in the Gulf War, I even made a webpage with some pictures he gave me. Check it out:

http://www.peoplepages.com/user5563%/medic-photos
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:26 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Pull_T =
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:30 PM
Racer

Pull_T, I hope you're happy. Yet again, co-workers running into my office wondering what the hell is going on.

BOV Guy, mAybe yoU should waIT until you get back BEfore you gET tHIs thing. They MIGht be cheaPER TheN. Good luck with your TWO cars which are OWNED by YOU

The flaming on this board is getting out of control :pfawk:. In case you didn't see it yet, go check out the thread on Oneqwkv6's "turbo" setup
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:39 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Pull T you are fuckin hilarious... to much! This thread need to be archived.
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:45 PM
Instructor

PULL T

Man your funny......you know i dont take it personaly when i get made fun of. I was popular in school, im popular at work so really i get shit all the time, but in order to get it you have to give it and i give my fair share of shit to people, but its all in fun. So im done with this post. I found what i was looking for and thats it. I m going to be adult about it and just laugh it off. as for you apology if it was sincerly true then cool if not then we know what kind of person you are.........

Thank you again for posting me with all the info about tubro and superchargers and FAKE ONES. I will get it when i come back, Hopfully it will be by Christmas, my scheduled return.
Old 04-12-2002 | 04:54 PM
Instructor

one more thing

PUll t.. i know why you keep posting funny images, making fun of other people, Its because you seek attention. And you must have been neglected as a kid and in highschool. but cool with me....I learned that in school....i studied Psycology.....so my future is paved.

To all of you that do not believe my owning of two cars,,, i have worked for my uncle since I was 11 years old. thats alot of time to save money. and i got a hella good bonus joining the ARMY RES. I work at Madigan (Fort lewis Army Medical Center) making $23.69/hour as my civilian job. thats how i afford the things i got.

See ya
Old 04-12-2002 | 06:45 PM
Racer

Re: one more thing

PUll t.. i know why you keep posting funny images, making fun of other people, Its because you seek attention. And you must have been neglected as a kid and in highschool. but cool with me....I learned that in school....i studied Psycology.....so my future is paved.
Yeah, typical psychology major, over-analyzing the situation. I think he posts images because it’s fun(ny).

To all of you that do not believe my owning of two cars,,, i have worked for my uncle since I was 11 years old. thats alot of time to save money. and i got a hella good bonus joining the ARMY RES. I work at Madigan (Fort lewis Army Medical Center) making $23.69/hour as my civilian job. thats how i afford the things i got.

See ya

No, seriously. No one here ever, ever, ever achieves anything. Ever.

It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s that you’re putting that ridiculous device in your CL. Don’t take it personally; I just think those things are amusing.
Old 04-12-2002 | 07:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

it's going off topic.. if you want to learn more about forced induction, open another thread and i'll keep it flame-free.