is there a cl motor doctor present??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006 | 08:24 PM
discl8ntnorml

is there a cl motor doctor present??

wat up ppl. jus new to the site and want to get as much info as possible. have a 2.3cl that i would like to do up, but unsure of what exactly fits the car. would like to talk to ppl that know what they're doin' cause in the end, we're all lovers of the car and i jus want to run wit the best of them. don't know if i should do the turbo or do the h22 head swap. wat do y'all think??
also. how the hell do i put a pic up??
Old 04-09-2006 | 12:34 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by discl8ntnorml
wat up ppl. jus new to the site and want to get as much info as possible. have a 2.3cl that i would like to do up, but unsure of what exactly fits the car. would like to talk to ppl that know what they're doin' cause in the end, we're all lovers of the car and i jus want to run wit the best of them. don't know if i should do the turbo or do the h22 head swap. wat do y'all think??
also. how the hell do i put a pic up??
so yea... welcome to the boards big guy. Before you start jumping into tubro'ing the F or throwing an H head onto your engine, go ahead and search ANY and ALL topics on the boards with the search function. Alot of this has been discussed ad nauseum, (and the h22 head topic is being discussed currently... the topic may be on the first page still.)

the pic is simple. Go ahead and upload it to whereever (photobucket, your own internet server) then go ahead and post this tag:

[img ]http://www.yourimagelink.com[/img ]

the "http://ww..." is where your image link goes. (without the spaces in the img and /img brackets)

Good luck man. Again, welcome to the boards.

-Alex
Old 04-10-2006 | 07:45 PM
discl8ntnorml

ok. thanks for the advice agranado. now i'm currently in canada and i'm thinkin to myself, should i jus go ahead n do the turbo thing, or should i get an h22 motor and swap it. from what i hear, its a lot of work to do that kind of swap on a CL, wiring wise that is. would like to hear some info on that. either way, i jus want this ride to boggie some and make a vr6 crumble on the road and make a baru sti think bout revvvin hard.
Old 04-10-2006 | 07:50 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

ok. thanks for the advice agranado. now i'm currently in canada and i'm thinkin to myself, should i jus go ahead n do the turbo thing, or should i get an h22 motor and swap it. from what i hear, its a lot of work to do that kind of swap on a CL, wiring wise that is. would like to hear some info on that. either way, i jus want this ride to boggie some and make a vr6 crumble on the road and make a baru sti think bout revvvin hard.

Hope you got deep pockets if thats your goal.

You may want to do some research. There is a lot you can do NA to the stock F23. Search accord forums and what not.
H22 Swap is gonna be just as hard as turbo. Both have been done on here before.
One guy did both. Turbo then H22 but he liked his H22 better. So i dunno. Just be creative.

Edit: But if your gonna go turbo, i would suggest building up your bottom end first. That way you can boost reliably.
Old 04-10-2006 | 10:07 PM
discl8ntnorml

thanks for the advice swervincl. appreciate all that i can get. jus wanna have a decent car that has some looks to it on the road with speed to add to it. i'll look at some things on the accord forums and what not, but you are right about buildin' a bottom end for reliability. thanks to all those out there and keep the ideas coming cause i'm gonna put jus bout all of them to use.
Old 04-10-2006 | 10:42 PM

thats what i like to hear, i hate those V-Dub fuckers..they'll see this summer

where in r u?
Old 04-16-2006 | 10:37 PM
discl8ntnorml

Yup

tell me bout it SilverCL97. jus wanna tease some VW's. anyways, i think that sometimes when there's too much information to go round, you get lost (or maybe its jus me), cause i have so much info on boostin my cl, but don't know which one is best. so far i think i'll go with the Fmax set up. then i think i'll worry bout buildin the bottom end of the cl.
all i need now from y'all experts is some ideas on what i would need to start buildin up the bottom end of this here cl. i would look at all of the info myself, but in order for me to start savin for some of these parts, i need to work like a donkey, therefore not leavin much time to look through all of the knowledgeable threads. thanks to all that help me out on the way and when i finally get started, i'll be sure to keep y'all posted. i'm also currently in the scar area.
Old 04-16-2006 | 10:39 PM
Senior Moderator

also that search link will be ur best friend and will help you from being clowned on!
Old 04-16-2006 | 10:42 PM
Senior Moderator

thanks for the advice swervincl. appreciate all that i can get. jus wanna have a decent car that has some looks to it on the road with speed to add to it. i'll look at some things on the accord forums and what not, but you are right about buildin' a bottom end for reliability. thanks to all those out there and keep the ideas coming cause i'm gonna put jus bout all of them to use.
it shouldn't be that hard to swap it for a H22 or 23. you have alot of room in the engine bay. its a basic drop in!
Old 04-16-2006 | 10:46 PM
i like acura

yea but theres almost no point, the h23 only has 10 more horse than the f23
Old 04-16-2006 | 10:48 PM
Registered Whore

welcome, hope you'll find the answers ur lookin for!!!
Old 04-16-2006 | 11:51 PM
4x4- fat chicks cant jump

youll need forged pistons to begin with if youre gonna boost any significant amount. correct me if im wrong...
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:48 PM
discl8ntnorml

thanks ppl for the input...

from what i was told by a friend of mine was that the h22 is jus a simple drop in, but its the wiring tha's somewhat of a challenge because supposedly, the wiring is basically backwards to the f23. again, i don't know if he knows exactly what he's talking about, but since i'm here.....might as well leave it up for discussion. YUP.
for now, i'm jus lookin to give the car some take off and see how i like the boost feel. then maybe when i have a lil more cash, i'll think about doing things like forging pistons and such. yeah right. i say that now, but from what i hear, this stuff is like crack. jus highly addictive whereas you can never stop.
Old 04-20-2006 | 11:26 PM

yup yup..i hear that...

u gotta pay to play

Old 04-21-2006 | 12:22 AM
4x4- fat chicks cant jump

my paychecks = by car junk
Old 04-22-2006 | 03:56 PM
discl8ntnorml

i think i'm jus gonna go wit the fmax turbo for now. for now being the operative word here. ha! anyways, i do believe that i'm gettin a fat azz income tax return, so that means 2 things. 1: gettin the turbo and then...2:gettin my azz kicked hardcore byt the wife. the way i look at it is this. when i do get the fmax, i might as well enjoy it cause my car is going to be my only place of rufuge after the wifey kicks my butt for spendin so much cash on what she would call unecessary spendin right now. pffffffffff. women. what the hell do they know anyways......what was that?? coming honey!! lol
Old 04-22-2006 | 04:19 PM
Suzuka Master

ha you=
Old 04-22-2006 | 05:05 PM

i think i'm jus gonna go wit the fmax turbo for now. for now being the operative word here. ha! anyways, i do believe that i'm gettin a fat azz income tax return, so that means 2 things. 1: gettin the turbo and then...2:gettin my azz kicked hardcore byt the wife. the way i look at it is this. when i do get the fmax, i might as well enjoy it cause my car is going to be my only place of rufuge after the wifey kicks my butt for spendin so much cash on what she would call unecessary spendin right now. pffffffffff. women. what the hell do they know anyways......what was that?? coming honey!! lol
Old 04-26-2006 | 07:47 PM
discl8ntnorml

jus wondering if its better to go with a c.a.i. instead of an intercooler if that's at all possible. jus kind of concerned about cuttin and hackin at the front bumper in order to make space for the intercooler. if there's anyone out there that might know more about what path can actually be taken and wha's best please feel free to let me know. thanks y'all!1