Stock Head Unit Off !!??? is it the fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Head Unit Off !!??? is it the fuse?

Hey, I just got my '97 cl a couple weeks ago and for some reason my check engine light went on. I took it to my mechanic and he said that I may or may not need a certain valve. So he reset the sensor and turned the light off and he said if it comes back on, then I'll definitely need it. Anyway when i found out that the diagnostic adapter is behind the ash tray i was trying to put it back in, and I must have tapped the stereo fuse because all of a sudden it just went off. Now is that part of the security feature of the stock headunit, does it think it's getting stolen and shut off? I'm pretty sure it's the fuse because the cigarette lighter won't get hot now. So would it be easier to just get a new headunit because i planned on doing that eventually anyway? Will somebody please shed some knowledge on me, it's hell driving w/o music!

Thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 05:57 PM
roomate has a CL too

if it is your fuse... then check the fuse which is in the fuse box in the top left hand side of your engine bay... near the windshield and tothe left when looking at windshield.

on the top of the fuse box there is the "key" of which fuse is which... take out the radio back up fuse... make sure you don't drop it... a pair of needle nose pliers are handy in this situation.

check to see if the metal part of the fuse is broken you can see it from the side....

if that is it replace the fuse.... the radio code security code...

look in the manual. it is a 5 digit code on a sticker or just written somewhere maybe.
look on sides of glove box...
ashtray
trunk lid
under fuse box cover

if no luck finding security code... remove the wood trim or that trim piece that is around the stereo section pull out the stereo and look on the back for the bar code... call dealer up and ask them to look up the security code for your bar code... if they try to charge you speak to the manager it should be a free service.

Oh and about the valve could be the EGR valve? he was talking about... if it is they should replace the valve because it was a recall... the 97's also have an ignition recall too... call dealer and tell them the VIN number of your car to see if these recalls have been performed on your vehicle.

Good luck and welcome to the board.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you just turned the stereo off? Try pushing the volume button in!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:37 PM
i like orange juice

Originally Posted by Repo1234
Maybe you just turned the stereo off? Try pushing the volume button in!