Rookie Seeking Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 04:21 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rookie Seeking Help

Now before everyone overlooks this thread....I am REALLY new to all this....Ive must have spent three days reading every single thread in here and there is great inforation here....Just got myself a '99 3.0 Cl (40K miles) and Im looking to hook it up...Im in NYC so I cant go crazy with mods (cuz my car wont be with me for long if I do)...for now I want to deal mess around with the lighting first....This site has got me all riled up so hook me up with some pointers....I know people are reading this and saying "here we go again"...sorry!!

Im planning on changing out the yellow bumper light first with clear ones...many of them on ebay, I guess they're pretty much all the same...not a problem....

Next I want to change out out the main lamps with some HID look alikes..I dont want to change out the light, just want to get something that simulates to best degree possible HID...what should I be lloking for??

My car is blue so I want to change out all the interior LED's with bright blue LED...but Ill worry about that later....

I know all these questions are answered in the forums, but as you can see, there is a lot to sift through.....
Old 07-31-2003, 04:24 PM
6th Gear

Also...

I forgot to mention, Im also installing foglights, but I read the factory ones are pretty good, so I'll get them off that website acuraparts***.org . Now this website doesnt show pics so Im going to assume its a reliable source, right? Do the foglights that they show for sale come with the OEM switch??
Old 07-31-2003, 05:45 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try the PIAA Extreme White 9006s for your low beams. They're expensive, but they'll last longer than most other (cheaper) brands. Personally, I recommend getting real HIDs. There's just NO comparison with Xenon-type bulbs.

The fog lights on http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net/...catdisplay.jsp will run you over $250.00 plus shipping. They're legit and they'll fit your CL with no problem. The switch is included to fit your '99.

However, I recommend getting them from this guy: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ort=3&since=-1 . His name is Warner, and he's legit. I got mine from him about 18 months ago for $99.00. He doesn't have a current auction for them, but send him an e-mail and ask to buy them out-right. You should get them for around $150.00.

Good luck and Welcome!
Old 07-31-2003, 06:02 PM
6th Gear

Thanks for answering back....I here ya with the HID's...the problem is that they get ripped off pretty easy here in NYC...there are guys that scout them just to see when they can get a chance...You mentioned about the low beams...what about the high ones??

How about the clear bumper lights...those are pretty much standard...no special namebrands that i should stay away from right???

Thanks bro!!
Old 07-31-2003, 06:05 PM
Suzuka Master

ya throw some hid's in the ride... best mod i have done soo far, $350.00... People always staring at me when i drive by but only thing gets annoying is them halogen bitchs flashing brights at me!! I took like 10 pics tonight ill post them soon...
Old 07-31-2003, 06:09 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by Joe Blaze
Thanks for answering back....I here ya with the HID's...the problem is that they get ripped off pretty easy here in NYC...there are guys that scout them just to see when they can get a chance...You mentioned about the low beams...what about the high ones??

How about the clear bumper lights...those are pretty much standard...no special namebrands that i should stay away from right???

Thanks bro!!
High beams are 9005.

That sucks to hear about stealing the HIDs! :thumbsdn:

I don't have any feedback about the clear bumper lenses. I don't even know which brand mine are (there's more than one???? ). Just get the ones on eBay.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:18 PM
Racer

Perfect... I was just jumping on to ask a couple of these same type of questions...Today I installed my low beam xenon bulbs. They look great...but; my clear corner parking light, and my upper parking light (the one next to the low beam) look like poo since they are yellow...what are the bulb numbers I need to get for these in xenon?
Old 07-31-2003, 06:34 PM
6th Gear

Im sure someone knows the numbers around here....
Another question..when you guys refer to HIDs are you referring to a kit that is sold with the ballasts, etc.... or are they entire new lamp fixtures for the car??
Old 07-31-2003, 07:01 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

The upper and lower corner bulbs are 168 or 194. Either will work. 168 is a single filament and 194 is a double filament.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

yeah rick there are more than 1 name brand for the clear lenses the really nice ones are called nakayama they are around like 60 bucks i was gonna get those until i decided to just smoke mine out. but i dont think its that big of a deal just go to ebay and get them for like 30 bucks
Old 07-31-2003, 07:19 PM
6th Gear

Has anyone tried these PIAA Super Plasmas?? Are they any good??
Old 08-01-2003, 01:06 PM
6th Gear

Never mind the last question, I should learn to check the threads before asking questions....