RJ Sport Design 1st Gen CL kit Concept pics***

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 07:54 PM
'07 November = STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Motohip
The angles are wrong. There's needs to be more of a "lip" at the very bottom of the lip, sides, and rear to reflect light upward, not cast shadows on itself. Front and rear needs more outward protrusion.
yup! thats exactly what i was trying to say.. but couldnt say it.. hahaha
Old 03-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Honestly, I was gonna go that direction with the protrusion, but I thought this would be a bit if freshness, with the lowering of the whole kit, and alsothe styling cues from the current accord sedan, gives the CL a fuller OEM look, and doesn't exploit the way too common extended flared lip. i mean every damn kit is just a flared out line that doesn't look like it came with the car, and what I'm trying to do is give it a clean, classic style that matches the rest of the car. It's very limiting to do just a lip, but this needs a bit of extra tiem to work out the kinks. thanks for the feed back.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,046 Posts
Sounds like you're putting a lot of good thought into the kit ron, keep up the good work. We're all looking forward to seeing more ideas.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

Originally Posted by DivineCL
^ I'm feeling that widemouth front bumper.

BTW - I could just picture a FAT OL' Intercooler behind that bass's mouth.
i like your thinking. maybe a big GReddy polished aluminum IC.

as for having to cut the front bumper, im willing to make sacrifices. i also think that it makes the car look MUCH better while keeping cues from the stock look.
i think i went a little overboard on this. and im not really good at it so it just makes it that much worse.

sorry ron but i like those rims better in black with a chrome lip. might look good in bronze too with a dark blue car. silver on a green or light colored car.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
yup! thats exactly what i was trying to say.. but couldnt say it.. hahaha
Yay...I'm glad what I said made some sense to someone.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by rondog
Honestly, I was gonna go that direction with the protrusion, but I thought this would be a bit if freshness, with the lowering of the whole kit, and alsothe styling cues from the current accord sedan, gives the CL a fuller OEM look, and doesn't exploit the way too common extended flared lip. i mean every damn kit is just a flared out line that doesn't look like it came with the car, and what I'm trying to do is give it a clean, classic style that matches the rest of the car. It's very limiting to do just a lip, but this needs a bit of extra tiem to work out the kinks. thanks for the feed back.

I can see some resemblence to this kit, even though it's a coupe and not the sedan like you said. I see what you are saying about not wanting just doing the most common thing and I think that's great. It's nice to see something different. This kit on the Accord isn't as I described with the "lip" I talked about, but it is flared out, or angled out to reflect light upward. I do think that this is the direction you are going in and it's hard to just do a photoshop of what it really is going to look like, so I can't wait to see the final production. I know it's going to look good from your design ideas.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Korean FIYAH!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just wanted to thank you for your patience and INTEREST in such an old (but beautiful) car.

Thanks ron.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Cool

Originally Posted by BlueCLRycR
i like your thinking. maybe a big GReddy polished aluminum IC.

as for having to cut the front bumper, im willing to make sacrifices. i also think that it makes the car look MUCH better while keeping cues from the stock look.
i think i went a little overboard on this. and im not really good at it so it just makes it that much worse.

sorry ron but i like those rims better in black with a chrome lip. might look good in bronze too with a dark blue car. silver on a green or light colored car.

Even though the photoshop looks I kinda like it.
The side skirts need to be lower so that it matches the front and rear kit.
As for the front bumper, it looks SWEET with that FAT OL' intercooler and I like what you did with the bottom (middle) of the front kit. This CL looks Fast and Furious.

BTW - I'm feeling what rondog is saying and going for. I like both ideas and
think that in the end the kit is going to look SICK! You're going to see your boys, neighbors, and people in the streets jaws dropping when they see our kitted out CL's.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:19 PM
GLOBO Gym Spokesman

Thank you!!!

The CL is such a "sleek" car. The 1st gen has a lower profile than the new ones so the kit, IMO, has to keep with that same tempo. I love the direction you are going with this.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

The side skirts need to be lower so that it matches the front and rear kit.
As for the front bumper, it looks SWEET with that FAT OL' intercooler and I like what you did with the bottom (middle) of the front kit. This CL looks Fast and Furious.
actually i just brought the left and right sides down and TRIED to make a protrusion at the bottom but when i went to color match it flattened the colors out and took off what reflection the light had on it. heres the front i used or tried to use.
i just left those ugly holes on the sides of the front off.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Like i said before, there is no way an add on lip would look like that, the opening requires you to actually cut the original bumper. and besides, how many Cl owners actually have intercoolers? I am not going to tackle this project just yet, just wanted to show the members something that potentially could be done. I def need more of a response to consider doing it, and if I am to do this, it would end up being a front add on lip only made of polyurethane, similarly priced as what is already on our site for the second gen CL.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:32 PM
2.2 auto and coping

(response)
Old 03-03-2005, 07:42 PM

You guys! Quit asking for a full bumper or that ugly, big ass opening. IT'S JUST A LIP. Give him input on what he wants to design, don't give him shit about crap that can't even be done. Like he said, he needs more of a response and you some of you aren't helping. I don't like that double chin thing either, I think it should just be filled in and solid.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:55 PM
how handsome I am

In Rondog We Trust.

Im down to buy what you have when you have it ready. Just make it for us please!

-Alex
Old 03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like the kit with the silver accord, nice and clean and just a bit aggressive

can you do a try with that on a PS on the CL?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I think it looks a lil too plain, looks almost too stock, you know? I really enoy the 2nd Gen bodykit tho, maybe you could make a few alterations to go in that direction..just my 2 cents
Old 03-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by 97Acura3.0CL
i like the kit with the silver accord, nice and clean and just a bit aggressive

can you do a try with that on a PS on the CL?

I think something in this direction would be hawt!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by suprachica79
I think it looks a lil too plain, looks almost too stock, you know? I really enoy the 2nd Gen bodykit tho, maybe you could make a few alterations to go in that direction..just my 2 cents
The whole point is to make it look stock. Most of us don't want crappy looking big mouth kits with air ducts all over it.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:08 PM
'07 November = STI

ooo.. that looks good
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
ooo.. that looks good
Thank you.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Former Sponsor

The whole point is to make it look stock. Most of us don't want crappy looking big mouth kits with air ducts all over it.
thank you, making it look like it actually was meant for the car is the challenge, while still giving it an updated look. Def appreciate the feedback, and even though i am mad busy, i will find time to revise the kit utilizing what was mentioned before.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:08 PM

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that your time is very much appreciated. Even though it may take longer, I think the more revisions the better so that it can appeal to most of us here. Can't wait to see updates.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Nice, and debadged is a plus for the look.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by ajtcl
Nice, and debadged is a plus for the look.

Debadge what? There's no badges on the bumpers or lips.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Registered

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that your time is very much appreciated. Even though it may take longer, I think the more revisions the better so that it can appeal to most of us here. Can't wait to see updates.

thanks a lot man. im sure the end product will be great.

at least not everybody forgot about the first gen.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

That looks pretty sexy. I like the stock/am hybrids. I don't want the HUGE open mouth, but I think that ron will make a good looking angled lip. Feed em with more concepts ron, that'll shut em up
Old 03-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

what i'm talkin about
Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Registered

sorry, here's the image:
hey is that the RJ grille in black? is that bottom one also RJ? they look hawt
Old 03-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

You guys have me all wrong. I would like a kit like the one blueCLRycR came up with, but I would prefer a lip that makes the whole car look stock as rondog
stated above. I think the one that motohip came up with is hot. However, we need more feedback to help rondog out. rondog I appreciate the time you are putting in on designing us a lip kit, and I also appreciate the photoshoppers who are doing their best to help out rondog.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:08 AM
RODDYS

I really think more kits for this car would sell the car. What I mean is that this is a good car to have and modify. You have several people spending lots of money customizing this type of car I think more by offering more kits for this more people may be intersted. The car has three different engine types which is a good thing considering that there are lots of choices and options. There is just not alot when it comes to styling. I think this would be a big seller if you had mis and match parts to offer
Old 03-04-2005, 12:00 PM

You guys have me all wrong. I would like a kit like the one blueCLRycR came up with, but I would prefer a lip that makes the whole car look stock as rondog
stated above. I think the one that motohip came up with is hot. However, we need more feedback to help rondog out. rondog I appreciate the time you are putting in on designing us a lip kit, and I also appreciate the photoshoppers who are doing their best to help out rondog.
Gotcha!

I feel the love...
Old 03-04-2005, 11:01 PM
10th Gear

def intrested although i know it would prolly be forever for you to get a kit out there. i think go with what you think looks good and we will follow, i personally have been holding off on a ww lip because i'd like something else!! as far as the guys sayin full bumper for the price you will pay for ron to make one why not buy one off an accord or some other car and have a shop do all the work will cost the same thing and you could have ANY look you want just my .02
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

don't get me wrong, I admire and respect anyone who has that kind of creativitiy to come up with such intricate kits n such, but the kit looks so stock that there's no point of even getting it lol. Like leaving your car stock would look close to the same. If I saw a 1st gen cl in the street with that kit, I probably wouldnt even look twice and I have a 1st gen myself! If it were me, I wouldn't shell out over a grand for something to make my car look "more stock than stock" lol, sry, jsut my 2 cents
Old 03-04-2005, 11:51 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Originally Posted by suprachica79
don't get me wrong, I admire and respect anyone who has that kind of creativitiy to come up with such intricate kits n such, but the kit looks so stock that there's no point of even getting it lol. Like leaving your car stock would look close to the same. If I saw a 1st gen cl in the street with that kit, I probably wouldnt even look twice and I have a 1st gen myself! If it were me, I wouldn't shell out over a grand for something to make my car look "more stock than stock" lol, sry, jsut my 2 cents
i concur.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:21 AM
eh f**k altezzas.

stated above. and I also appreciate the photoshoppers who are doing their best to help out rondog.
well i didnt really "come up" with it persay. all i did was edit it the way i saw fit. ron did a great job getting it to that first point. judging by what ive seen come from ron so far id say this kit will turn out tits. if it takes a year, oh well. itll take me a while to save up the money anyway. id love to have some servos too.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BlueCLRycR
well i didnt really "come up" with it persay. all i did was edit it the way i saw fit. ron did a great job getting it to that first point. judging by what ive seen come from ron so far id say this kit will turn out tits. if it takes a year, oh well. itll take me a while to save up the money anyway. id love to have some servos too.
Hey! You edited his comment about me!
Old 03-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Registered

^^^^ lol sucker

j/k
Old 03-05-2005, 04:49 PM
AWD Torque Monster

thank you, making it look like it actually was meant for the car is the challenge, while still giving it an updated look. Def appreciate the feedback, and even though i am mad busy, i will find time to revise the kit utilizing what was mentioned before.

exactly. as much as i would like to see you guys get something nice for the cl finally; ron i have to say its prob not worth it. i could barely find anyone willing to pay $600 for both of my bumpers. if anything make a replacement of the ww lip to keep people happy if they are really becoming hard to find and are in fact discontinued.

peace
Old 03-05-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by VXCL
exactly. as much as i would like to see you guys get something nice for the cl finally; ron i have to say its prob not worth it. i could barely find anyone willing to pay $600 for both of my bumpers. if anything make a replacement of the ww lip to keep people happy if they are really becoming hard to find and are in fact discontinued.

peace

I might have to agree with this guy. I don't want to, but it's probably true. Who knows though. You never know until it's made.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

It won't get made without the right amount of interest.

Quick Reply: RJ Sport Design 1st Gen CL kit Concept pics***