PROKit with adjustable shocks??? Any good combinations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002 | 08:23 AM
You know him right?

PROKit with adjustable shocks??? Any good combinations?

I'm looking to get the ProKit to lower my car, but I was also thinking about getting adjustable shocks (possibly koni) so that I can lower the car a little more in the back (like 1 notch) and more than that in the front (like 2 notches). Would this work? Will adjustable shocks allow me to lower the car even more than the ProKit does?

Anyone else have any good combinations of springs and shocks or shocks with the PROKit that I may look in to. I'm not looking to spend a whole pile of cash, just a nice lower to remove the wheel gap and keep a similar ride feel.
Old 05-07-2002 | 09:04 AM
Drifting

The only set that will lower your car a tad bit more would be Koni yellows which has an Adj. perch. But they are pretty expensive.

i have the the pro-kits with the KYB AGX.....not a bad set at all for the price.

Since you have a 2.2 I'd set the sportsline and say fuck the Pro-kits.
Old 05-07-2002 | 09:08 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by Nugs3
The only set that will lower your car a tad bit more would be Koni yellows which has an Adj. perch. But they are pretty expensive.

i have the the pro-kits with the KYB AGX.....not a bad set at all for the price.

Since you have a 2.2 I'd set the sportsline and say fuck the Pro-kits.
I agree! After seeing the Pro-Kit drop on the 2.2CL, I say "go lower"!
Old 05-07-2002 | 09:44 AM
Instructor

Actually the pro kit w/Koni yellows will drop your car over 2"s. Check out my car in the gallery, do a search. I have the same combo you are looking into. It looks good and rides nice, you can adjust your shocks if you want a different ride too. The cost was about 550 for the konis @ shox.com, the springs were 220, something like that, and the labor + allignment was 385. I went to a good shop. so for 1200 bucks you can have a pretty nice suspension. good luck and post pics when you get it done.
Old 05-07-2002 | 09:57 AM
Drifting

$1,200

I don't think it's worth getting konis with the 2.2 CL when he can get a set of sportsline and a set of cheaper shocks.
Sportsline (lets say $200-$220)
KYB AGX ($300-340)
Big diff from $550/$220 plus labor.

I'm not looking to spend a whole pile of cash, just a nice lower to remove the wheel gap and keep a similar ride feel.
Old 05-07-2002 | 09:58 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by biggiev
Actually the pro kit w/Koni yellows will drop your car over 2"s. Check out my car in the gallery, do a search. I have the same combo you are looking into. It looks good and rides nice, you can adjust your shocks if you want a different ride too. The cost was about 550 for the konis @ shox.com, the springs were 220, something like that, and the labor + allignment was 385. I went to a good shop. so for 1200 bucks you can have a pretty nice suspension. good luck and post pics when you get it done.
BTW your car does look nice and it's 3.0
Old 05-07-2002 | 10:01 AM
Racer

1200 bucks for pretty nice suspension fuck the labor fuck the alignment get that later and just get some new real coilovers u will not regret getting them. also why does it have to be a 2.2 looks better with sportlines. aren't 3.0 2.2 2.3 all the same body style?
Old 05-07-2002 | 10:17 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by Yajarobi420
1200 bucks for pretty nice suspension fuck the labor fuck the alignment get that later and just get some new real coilovers u will not regret getting them. also why does it have to be a 2.2 looks better with sportlines. aren't 3.0 2.2 2.3 all the same body style?
It's not about body style, it's about weight. The 2.2/2.3 drop on Pro-Kits isn't as low as the 3.0. The 3.0 front-end has 200 lbs+ more than the 2.2/2.3.
Old 05-07-2002 | 10:45 AM
Not AtlCl98 or Atl-CL

But, you buy the springs designed for the 3.0, not the 2.3 (aka 98 accord v6). If you buy the ones specifically designed for your weight they should drop the same. Unless the V6 Accord is 200lbs heavier than the V6 Cl with the same engine. I just checked and it is a different product #. So, unless you are buying the springs designed for a 4cyl accord and putting them on a v6 Cl, you should not be dropped lower. If, you are doing that, you will increase the spring rate and have a harsher/bouncier ride.
Old 05-07-2002 | 01:56 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Nugs3

BTW your car does look nice and it's 3.0
Thanks, but what are you talking about 3.0?
Old 05-07-2002 | 03:47 PM
Drifting

Thanks, but what are you talking about 3.0?
I'm retarded.............i thought you had a 3.0. My bad.
Old 05-07-2002 | 06:32 PM
You know him right?

biggiev: how come you didn't just get the sportlines??? I don't think I want a 2 inch drop. The reason I wanted the adj shocks was becuase my front end has a more wheel gap than the rear, so I was going to lower the front a little more than the rear. But for that price, I don't think I'll be doing that.

nugs: how did you get a "1.5 inch drop"? with the prokits? how adj are the kybs?

Anyone have sportlines with kyb shocks? How would the ride be like with this combo? (PS not sure what kind of kyb shocks to get)
Old 05-07-2002 | 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

I am considering the Sportline/KYB combo for my 2.2, but I recall reading that the KYB warranty will not support any spring that produces >1.5" drop. I sent an e-mail to KYB asking if they would warranty their gas shocks with Eibach Sportlines, and that I would be posting their response to this forum. That was a week ago, and they have not replied to the e-mail.
Old 05-07-2002 | 10:30 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Tom Gaylor
I am considering the Sportline/KYB combo for my 2.2, but I recall reading that the KYB warranty will not support any spring that produces >1.5" drop. I sent an e-mail to KYB asking if they would warranty their gas shocks with Eibach Sportlines, and that I would be posting their response to this forum. That was a week ago, and they have not replied to the e-mail.
How will they know you had the sportsline on your car in the first place????????

Some1- I got the 1.5 in drop cuz I have a 3.0....and you can't adj. the height with the KYB only stiffness.
Old 05-08-2002 | 01:30 AM
Cruisin'

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nugs3
[B]

How will they know you had the sportsline on your car in the first place????????

They wouldn't know what springs you have unless you told them... The point of the inquiry was to determine if the KYBs would be a good long term choice with the Sportline spring set. I certainly would not want to get the KYBs and have them fail prematurely, and then have to pay the labor cost for replacement. I think I just talked myself into getting the Koni yellows
Old 05-09-2002 | 02:19 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by some1
biggiev: how come you didn't just get the sportlines??? I don't think I want a 2 inch drop. The reason I wanted the adj shocks was becuase my front end has a more wheel gap than the rear, so I was going to lower the front a little more than the rear. But for that price, I don't think I'll be doing that.

nugs: how did you get a "1.5 inch drop"? with the prokits? how adj are the kybs?

Anyone have sportlines with kyb shocks? How would the ride be like with this combo? (PS not sure what kind of kyb shocks to get)
I was originally going to get the sportlines but when the shop got them in it was the pro kit so I said go with the prokit. When i went to pick up my car it didn't drop much at all. SO i looked into my options and i could have gotten sportlines or get the konis. i chose konis. You can still do right around that drop you are looking for with the konis. BTW the konis are only adjustable as far as stiffness, but the reason you can go lower with them is because they have 3 different spring height adjustments. I set mine on so it would sit to the lowest drop. If you got them you could set them in the middle. Also, you may be able to find a better price for labor, i just went where i went cause i knew they were good. hope this helps good luck.
Old 05-16-2002 | 02:50 PM
You know him right?

BTW the konis are only adjustable as far as stiffness, but the reason you can go lower with them is because they have 3 different spring height adjustments. I set mine on so it would sit to the lowest drop. If you got them you could set them in the middle.
How is the ride with your konis set to the lowest height adjustment? Also, what about with the stiffness setting all the way to the softest?