new guy w/ a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 09:25 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new guy w/ a few questions

Hey guys, I'm thinking about selling my F-150 ( http://www.fordtruckworld.com/galler.../mytruck01.jpg ) and buying my mom's '97 3.0 CL (can just barely see it in the pic). I'm not going to do too much to the car because I only plan on driving it for a year or so, but I do have a couple of questions about mods. Where can I buy the clear bumper lenses and will I need to also buy amber bulds? Does anyone know about how much it would cost to get the Wings West air dam painted? Also her car seems to shift kind of rough, is there a chip or shift kit that can fix this? Fortunately, we bought the car used and it came with Enkei wheels, and I think it might be lowered. Unfortunately, the Bose speakers have been replaced with some crappy ones, so I will also have to replace those. I also have a 8" Bazooka tube in my truck that I will probably transfer over to the car, will it sound ok? Sorry for all the questions, this is just a difficult decision for me because I love my truck, I just need more room. Any help will be greatly appreciate!

Jason
Old 04-08-2003, 09:27 AM
4th Gear

ok, sorry, that link didnt work for some reason, i'll try this one http://www.f150world.com/abercrombieaggie
Old 04-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Intermediate

For the clear bumper lenses, a little searching on the internet or more than likely your local performance shop could order you some. The amber bulbs are dependent on what state you live in. In Hawaii even with the amber bulbs the clear corners are technically illegal but most cops wont pull you over due to the sheer volume of people there with them on their car. When you get the clear lenses it says some stuff like for offroad use only and doesnt have the "DOT" on the lense and thats why most states consider them illegal. You would probably have to look up your local laws on the lenses. As far as the shifting goes, you can ask anyone here on the boards the CL trans is notorious for going out. Is the biggest flaw with the car. To get the Air Dam painted could range from if you know someone that could do it for you and it cost you just the paint to a few hundred bucks at some shop if they are really expensive. I helped a few of my friends paint and it's really not that hard and if it's available I would recommend doing it yourself or with the help of a friend cause that's half the fun . I have never owned a tube so I can't comment on that sorry. Lastly, what do you mean exactly when you say looking for more room? Because the CL being a coupe does not exactly have much room on the inside of the car. Anyone taller than 5 foot tall has a hard time sitting in the back seats in my car. You may want to go with a sedan of some sort if your looking for more room on the inside of the car and plan to transport more than just yourself and one person.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:42 PM
4th Gear

808AcuraCL

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not need more seating room, just more interior room to keep my belongings (luggage, groceries, pets, etc.) dry when it rains. As far as the clear lenses, I've had them on my truck for 4 years and have yet to have any problems with the police, but the bulbs were already amber on my truck, which is why i'm curious if they are on the Acura or not. All I've ever owned is trucks, so i dont even know where to begin looking for import car accessories. If someone could give me an actual web-page for the lenses/bulbs I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Jason
Old 04-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Racer

for the clear lenses check out ebay, there is a company called procarparts.com that is good to work with. Thats where I got my lenses for $29 back in the day. Just use any hyperwhite bulbs you like, I found if a cop pulls you over and wants to give you a ticket it doesnt matter what you got on it so go all out and make the ticket worth it. (hence my 4% tint )

For painting the kit some people get prices $80-230 depending on where you go and who you know.

Transmission= make sure you got your fluid changed sometime within the last million miles lol. other than that just live with it till it breaks.

Bose speakers are major shit so it doesnt matter if its bose or shitty aftermarket. It still sounds like ass till you do it right.

Try out the bazooka and if it sounds bad try and dynamat your trunk. see if that helps.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:04 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
i want a truck, turbo diesal soon
Old 04-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Intermediate

Acura bulbs stock are clear.

Here are a few sites you can check out

http://www.importvision.com/PickAcce...PartMake=Acura

http://www.lightlens.com/acura.htm

http://www.andysautosport.com/clearlens/bumper.html

There is also a ton more out there. Just have to look around. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sup dude? The 3.0 tranny suck ass. Should have got the 5 spd . The bulbs you need for the bumper lenses are the 194 wedge bulb. I got my front lip painted for $180 but that's for a really really good paint job. I wouldn't worry about the quality that much since it is below your front air dam, no one is going to see it that well. So I would guess you're looking at $100 assuming you don't know anyone in the buisness. Bose blows. You'll probably find more parts for an import than a truck.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:59 PM
4th Gear

Thanks guys for the wealth of information. Now I just need to sell my truck for a good price so I can pay off the car and buy all this fun stuff. I'll be sure to post pics of the car if and when this happens!