Need some help please...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help please...

Ok all,

I hope someone can help me out, thanks ahead of time.

First off adjusting the headlights lower and higher is no problem at all, but adjusting them from left to right seems to be a problem because the 2 circular disks with teeth on them don't touch on the passengers side, and that headlight seems to be pointing more light towards the curb.

How do I go about fixing that, which disk should I turn by hand, the large one or the small one, or do they both have to turn at the same time just like if the teeth were making contact with eachother? Which way do I turn them, if I'm standing infront of my car and I turn the screwdriver counterclockwise (left) does that mean the light is going to be pointing further left (more towards the curb), and if I turn the screwdriver clockwise (right) does that mean the light is going to aim towards the middle which is where I want it to go? The thing is when both disks roll off eachother the depending on which way you turn the screwdriver the disks roll in opposite directions of eachother, but because there's a space between them I'm not sure which one to hand turn...canI get some help please!?

The second problem is the Bose radio/cd player is great, except there's not much settings to adjust like an aftermarket cd player would have, anyways the cd player won't play any cd's, it just just comes up with an error that that says "PE0", I looked in the manual but it didn't help solve the problem, my cd's are clean and I'm pretty sure the inside of the cd player isn't dusty inside...basically you put a cd in and it tries to read the cd and then it ejects the cd out and the error shows up on the display, btw I've been trying original cd's, not burned cd's but one's bought in a music store, simply because I don't think the cd player in my 97 Acura CL will read burned cd's, so is my cd player shot or what?

**This is just a question I'm curious about, is the Acura CL 3.0 which I have a good car, and what class would it be considered under, I'd assume a midsize luxury coupe, anyways I'm just curious if it would be considered a refined and high quality vehicle like most Honda/Acura vehicles, thanks again for all who volunteer to help!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by malice
Ok all,

I hope someone can help me out, thanks ahead of time.

First off adjusting the headlights lower and higher is no problem at all, but adjusting them from left to right seems to be a problem because the 2 circular disks with teeth on them don't touch on the passengers side, and that headlight seems to be pointing more light towards the curb.

How do I go about fixing that, which disk should I turn by hand, the large one or the small one, or do they both have to turn at the same time just like if the teeth were making contact with eachother? Which way do I turn them, if I'm standing infront of my car and I turn the screwdriver counterclockwise (left) does that mean the light is going to be pointing further left (more towards the curb), and if I turn the screwdriver clockwise (right) does that mean the light is going to aim towards the middle which is where I want it to go? The thing is when both disks roll off eachother the depending on which way you turn the screwdriver the disks roll in opposite directions of eachother, but because there's a space between them I'm not sure which one to hand turn...canI get some help please!?

The second problem is the Bose radio/cd player is great, except there's not much settings to adjust like an aftermarket cd player would have, anyways the cd player won't play any cd's, it just just comes up with an error that that says "PE0", I looked in the manual but it didn't help solve the problem, my cd's are clean and I'm pretty sure the inside of the cd player isn't dusty inside...basically you put a cd in and it tries to read the cd and then it ejects the cd out and the error shows up on the display, btw I've been trying original cd's, not burned cd's but one's bought in a music store, simply because I don't think the cd player in my 97 Acura CL will read burned cd's, so is my cd player shot or what?

**This is just a question I'm curious about, is the Acura CL 3.0 which I have a good car, and what class would it be considered under, I'd assume a midsize luxury coupe, anyways I'm just curious if it would be considered a refined and high quality vehicle like most Honda/Acura vehicles, thanks again for all who volunteer to help!
The CL's a great car. It is a midsize luxury coupe, and as far as quality's concerened its really second to none (against its contemporary competition). Only real issue with it is the transmission, and that can be avoided easily.

as far as the other two issues are concerned, I'd say buy a new headunit, and I really dont know about the headlight. (sorry.)

Use the search function, maybe you can find your answers there.

-Alex
Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
say: zouts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my CD player plays burned CDs just fine, never had a misread or errored one yet. ive put literally hundreds (i could go count for you guys but im lazy) of burned disks, all different brands, all different burn speeds. even the ones burned at 52x work fine. sounds like your cd player's eye is screwed or something. as for the headlight thing, it seems like once the lil wheel breaks youre stuck with what you got. i currently have a passenger side light pointing waaaay to the right for that very reason
Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,425 Likes on 3,031 Posts
Mine played 99% of burned cd's, depending on the way they were burned. Sounds like your hu might be toast
Old 06-07-2006, 02:50 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
try taking the unit out and opening it
take a qtip+rubbing alcohol and clean the reading lense. always worked for me