just wondering....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wondering....

I know this kid that has a CL. i think it is a 1999 with the 3.0 V6. I was talking to him awhile back and he blew his motor spraying WAY to much nitrous, he has was taking his car to another friend of mine to get work done, but has since started going to another mechanic (who is NOT the most trustworthy person) that told him it was OK to spray that much. Now he told this kid that instead of just rebuilding the motor, the mechanic found a stroker kit for the car. NOW, I will admit I know very little about these cars/motors, but I was just gonna post this and see if there really is a stroker kit for the 3.0 V6.

I really dont want to see this kid get taken by the other mechanic, so i figured go where I know that people will be able to say that it is BS or not. And the price was right to sign up, so I fugred what the hey.

the whole thing mainly stems from the fact the my other friend owns a SRT 4 that is modded. The untrustworthy mechanic is a mustang guy and he and his dad own several VERY fast mustangs. The mustang guy doesnt think that 4 cylinders are fast and wants the Cl to end up beating the SRT. So he is trying to do anything he can to the Cl to beat the SRT, meanwhile the kid is getting taken advantage of and spending way to much money on stuff.

Sorry for the length.

thanks for taking the time to read and post.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey, well it's nice that you care about your friend and look after him. I don't know much about the 1st gen 3.0's so I'll let some more knowledgeable members post about the stroker kit (which I've actually never heard of - for ANY Honda motor).

As for beating the SRT-4... it's a lost cause no matter what he does. Cranking more hp out of the SRT-4 is just too easy. Even if your friend ends up with a properly tuned 12 second nitrous setup (which is going to be pretty damn hard), the SRT-4 will be able to squeeze out more and more power, and more reliably too.

My best advice --> tell your friend to stop modding his car just to be faster than the other kid on the block. Unless he's got $$$ to waste, he's starting off with a huge handicap. If he wants to drag race, tell him to sell the 3.0CL, buy a 5.0 Mustang, throw some $$$ into mods, keep the rest for tires, gas and other expenses... and he'll be spanking SRT-4's left and right all day long!

Old 04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by 03 CL TypeS
Hey, well it's nice that you care about your friend and look after him. I don't know much about the 1st gen 3.0's so I'll let some more knowledgeable members post about the stroker kit (which I've actually never heard of - for ANY Honda motor).
There are stroker kits for Honda's H and B series (probably others too), but I've never heard of one for the J30.

As for beating the SRT-4... it's a lost cause no matter what he does. Cranking more hp out of the SRT-4 is just too easy. Even if your friend ends up with a properly tuned 12 second nitrous setup (which is going to be pretty damn hard), the SRT-4 will be able to squeeze out more and more power, and more reliably too.
That SRT-4 is one fast bastard. It's going to cost a LOT of money to get that and you won't be as reliable.

My best advice --> tell your friend to stop modding his car just to be faster than the other kid on the block. Unless he's got $$$ to waste, he's starting off with a huge handicap. If he wants to drag race, tell him to sell the 3.0CL, buy a 5.0 Mustang, throw some $$$ into mods, keep the rest for tires, gas and other expenses... and he'll be spanking SRT-4's left and right all day long!

Or he could buy an old 300zx and mod that up.

Originally Posted by jay_are
Sorry for the length.
I bet you tell that to all the guys...hehe, just kidding.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much nitrous are you talking here??
Old 04-24-2005, 07:49 PM
2nd Gear

he wont say how much, but i think in the range of 150 shot. at least a 100. either way it was too much for what little he has done to the car.

oh, it is a dry shot as well.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:53 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

ohhhh dangerous.. cocoa is running a 125 shot wet
Old 04-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Motohip
I bet you tell that to all the guys...hehe, just kidding.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Motohip
Or he could buy an old 300zx and mod that up.
i had heard that the 300zx N/A stock motor could not handle a SC or a Turbo. is that true

however, those TT could be beasts.

btw, sorry for the hijacking
Old 04-24-2005, 08:53 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

or you could get a 240 and do a silvia build. i heard that was pretty much the cheapest and easiest way to go. or you could get a j32 swap like that cocoa dude is gonna do and TT that mfer with a couple side mount ICs stuck up under the engine(bw the engine and the front shroud). get a 6 speed MT with a nice triple plate clutch and ultra light flywheel. then get a set of brembo slotted rotors with some good pads. strip out the interior except two seats and cover all the metal with dark red carpet. recover the dash with red velvet and refinish the wood with some highgloss black paint. make a wall right behind your seats and extend your trunk all the way out to that wall and mount 4 12" RFs in the wall with the 2 amps mounted somewhere on there. get 4 tweeters: mount 2 in the stock holes and 2 on the rear door pillars(one on each). then for the ext. take off the side moldings and get a WW lip have everything molded(except hood, trunk and doors that is) and cover it with a shiny coat of black pearl with white metal. wheels either RJ servos or a set of these bitches wrapped in either falkens or yokohamas(toss up for me). throw a set of red neons up under it and one in the upper grill for a little show. take your stock grill and gut it. then put a black wire mesh in its place. do the same for the bottom. finally, drop it about 2" on teins. i think that would be about it besides wash it.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Korean FIYAH!

You forgot the stickers. I can't believe you forgot your favorite item in that long-ass list. PUT ABOUT 52 STICKERS ON THE CAR CUZ THEY MAKE IT GO TEH FAST!!!!!11
Old 04-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Flap.

Originally Posted by cl_jay
i had heard that the 300zx N/A stock motor could not handle a SC or a Turbo. is that true

however, those TT could be beasts.

the na motors are higher compression, they really arent set up to run fi, most people just do a TT swap.

there are some fast TTs out there... hopefully that will be me soon :P
Old 04-24-2005, 10:59 PM
MuayThai scrappa

Originally Posted by Musulsa
You forgot the stickers. I can't believe you forgot your favorite item in that long-ass list. PUT ABOUT 52 STICKERS ON THE CAR CUZ THEY MAKE IT GO TEH FAST!!!!!11
cant forget the stickers!!!hahaha
thats the worst list i have ever seen..
Old 04-24-2005, 11:43 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by BlueCLRycR
or you could get a 240 and do a silvia build. i heard that was pretty much the cheapest and easiest way to go. or you could get a j32 swap like that cocoa dude is gonna do and TT that mfer with a couple side mount ICs stuck up under the engine(bw the engine and the front shroud). get a 6 speed MT with a nice triple plate clutch and ultra light flywheel. then get a set of brembo slotted rotors with some good pads. strip out the interior except two seats and cover all the metal with dark red carpet. recover the dash with red velvet and refinish the wood with some highgloss black paint. make a wall right behind your seats and extend your trunk all the way out to that wall and mount 4 12" RFs in the wall with the 2 amps mounted somewhere on there. get 4 tweeters: mount 2 in the stock holes and 2 on the rear door pillars(one on each). then for the ext. take off the side moldings and get a WW lip have everything molded(except hood, trunk and doors that is) and cover it with a shiny coat of black pearl with white metal. wheels either RJ servos or a set of these bitches wrapped in either falkens or yokohamas(toss up for me). throw a set of red neons up under it and one in the upper grill for a little show. take your stock grill and gut it. then put a black wire mesh in its place. do the same for the bottom. finally, drop it about 2" on teins. i think that would be about it besides wash it.

you should be a professional random thinker/brainstormer...
Old 04-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
I always enjoy BluCLRyceR's posts...good stuff.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Werd..I don't pay attention to anything he says...
Old 04-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Reason I said getting a 5.0 Mustang above is that they are hands-down the best bang/buck vehicle for drag racing.

Period.

There's no arguing against it.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Reason I said getting a 5.0 Mustang above is that they are hands-down the best bang/buck vehicle for drag racing.

Period.

There's no arguing against it.
Okay im not going to argue with u about the 5.0 speed and potential. Its just that those cars have the worste suspensions known to man, on top of Fords: fix or repair daily company motto. if u wnna go fast cheap. get an El Camino. hehe im a ford hater.

my opinion:
1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, all wheel drive, turbo. Thats the same catagory as the SRT-4 just older/cheaper. Gitrr done
Old 04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Musulsa
so true
Old 04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
Okay im not going to argue with u about the 5.0 speed and potential. Its just that those cars have the worste suspensions known to man, on top of Fords: fix or repair daily company motto. if u wnna go fast cheap. get an El Camino. hehe im a ford hater.

my opinion:
1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, all wheel drive, turbo. Thats the same catagory as the SRT-4 just older/cheaper. Gitrr done
GSX's awd turbos 0wn.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:28 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by agranado
so true

shut it
Old 04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta

my opinion:
Hahahha, Larry the Cable Guy rocks man! GIT R DUN !!!

DSM's are not a bad choice either, but still no contender to a 5.0. My argument was simply saying that the 5.0 is the best bang/buck drag racer project. And with that said, there's no other car that you can buy that will run as fast as a 5.0 in straight line for the same $$$ (modifications included).

So of course my argument left out other stuff such as suspension, brakes etc... but that's kind of the point: best drag racing car, period.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Hahahha, Larry the Cable Guy rocks man! GIT R DUN !!!
So of course my argument left out other stuff such as suspension, brakes etc... but that's kind of the point: best drag racing car, period.
You need good suspension to drag too, mustangs have a tendancy to not go straight on the drag strip. loose control, crash into the barriers. So yes without the dispute of other things, the Five Oh is a great car.

But back to the topic, you shouldnt resort to spraying as a 1st option if you intend to keep your car for a while. Not a good idea. unless u have deeeep pockets..
Old 04-25-2005, 08:00 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Werd..I don't pay attention to anything he says...
nobody ever does anyway so whats the point of trying to make sense. trust me i tried that b4.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Originally Posted by BlueCLRycR
nobody ever does anyway so whats the point of trying to make sense. trust me i tried that b4.

I sometimes consider your thoughts, barney.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 AM
how handsome I am

shut it
you shut it bunghole
Old 04-26-2005, 08:06 AM

I want it in the bunghole

Old 04-26-2005, 08:08 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by DivineCL
you know, im only buff to get the hot guys at the gym I go to. South Beach is like a gay oasis! :ghey:

WTF
Old 04-26-2005, 08:14 AM

I had no idea I was ghey until last night when me and my friend David where playing around and I happened to slip and fell on his cawk.
Man, that felt so good. I can't wait for tonight.

OK. You should be put behind for being a quier and telling us about it. :shakehead
Old 04-26-2005, 08:18 AM
how handsome I am

to get this thread back on topic you :ghey: monger...

if the kid still has the $$, tell him to drop an h22, turbo the mofo, then gut the car for lightweightedness. Then he'll run teh SRT-POOP into the ground.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:20 AM
how handsome I am

OK. You should be put behind for being a quier and telling us about it. :shakehead
quier is really spelled queer.

time to send you back to :ghey: school beefcake.

-Alex

Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 AM

quier is really spelled queer.

time to send you back to :ghey: school beefcake.

-Alex

Meh.

I was typing fast. Those who check spelling are the real :ghey:s

BTW - I know you like beefcake, that's why you're always sweating me.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 AM
how handsome I am

Meh.

I was typing fast. Those who check spelling are the real :ghey:s

BTW - I know you like beefcake, that's why you're always sweating me.

yea that, or they're english majors.

May 21st... less than a month away woo hoo

-Alex
Old 04-26-2005, 08:31 AM

yea that, or they're english majors.

May 21st... less than a month away woo hoo

-Alex

Is that YOUR major?

Exactly.

From time to time I make grammatical errors, no biggie.

Anyways, May 21st here I come. I can't wait to the
out of you with my belt for being a disrespectful little prick.