I want the bottle!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 12:36 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want the bottle!!!!!

Does anyone know what it will take to put it on ,and will it be compatible with a basically stock engine, I am not talking about a 100 horsepower setup but maybe like 50 to 75, with the other mods that should workout just fine, if there is someone else who already has the bottle please tell me what you think of it and if its worth it to install. I think it would feel killer to hit the juice whenever you needed the boost!

------------------

18x7.5"Konig Divas, intake 9.5mm plug wires,bosch platinum +4 plugs,chin spoiler,springs,custom cat back,tint,wood grain kit. clear bumper lenses
Old 06-25-2001, 12:51 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Did you just finsh watching fast and the furious by any chance? I think Scott (CLPower) has a 50 shot and he seems to like it. You might want to email him, although im sure he'll answer you soon.

------------------
No more scratches thanks to the dumbass who walked on my car and had to pay to have it repainted.
Old 06-26-2001, 03:01 AM
Pro

Seein that u have a 2.2 like me, I'd suggest u not put your car on the bottle. If u do, I'd suggest getting the Venom kit because it has engine management features and that'll help u avoid messing up your engine sooner.

Second i think the fastest u'll probably get your car to go is low 15's, and maybe dip into very high 14's. Well I don't know about you, but for me that's not worth all the engine and transmission problems that will follow.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 06-27-2001, 09:33 PM
Advanced

I don't want it for track racing I want it for the pure fun of having it! I would only road race and it probably wouldn't be from a stopped position.I don't see the sense in tryin to get these low track times in a heavy ass car like the CL, I would rather buy a crx and beef the shit out of it and drive in luxury with a little attitude in my CL, but that's just me.

------------------

18x7.5"Konig Divas, intake 9.5mm plug wires,bosch platinum +4 plugs,chin spoiler,springs,custom cat back,tint,wood grain kit. clear bumper lenses
Old 06-27-2001, 10:05 PM
Scooby Guru

In that case, you'd better make that 2 bottles.

------------------
'02 WRX Wagon (OZ Superleggeras, removed intake silencer, K&N panel filter, Dawes Devices Manual Boost Controller, etc)
'97 2.2CL (removed intake silencer, K&N panel filter, interior neon lights & other ricey mods)
Old 06-28-2001, 03:04 AM
AWD Torque Monster

yeah like in the fast and the furious. "i want 2" "by tonight!" haha i for one bought the cl for its potential. its much classier the the accord at that year and its an acura. it can be made fast. it will be expesive, but i dotn care cuz i love the car itself. no one has it and it stands out. as soon as my warrenty is up im prob gonna swap a 3.0 in there and mod the shit out of it. oh i didnt buy a 3.0 cuz i didnt want leather and also i didnt have to pay for the car so i really had no choice, but im not complaining i got a cl and im more then happy. fastvtec cl is a good example. he says he can smoke ITR's and thats good enough for me. i would love to take a new type-s in a 1st gen cl. i wish fastvtec would race one.

------------------
1997 Black Acura 2.2 CL

See It Here
Old 06-28-2001, 04:42 PM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

i'm thinking about putting a 75 shot on mine

------------------
mods on my 99 3.0CL

comptech headers,ac auto design cold air intake, AEM pullies, apex vtec controller, tanabe muffler, custom exaustpiping 3" form catback. comming soon custom cam gears and CL typeS cams.
best 1/4 time 14.8
Old 06-30-2001, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Hey fastvteccl let me know if you are going to get the 75 shot, if its a good deal where you live maybe I can roll on down and get them to hook me up or if I find one we can meet up here. Do you have any good aftermarket hookups? I think I'm only an hour away from you.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Check out Super Honda and what the past posts have been for Nitrous on Accord EX 2.2 since we have the same drivetrain. I'm going for it with ZEX system. I have been doing research on this for awhile and finally making the plunge. Right now I am beefing up my ignition first, waiting on my external coil and cap conversion to come in (went with Crane since good deal on Ebay, MSD and Holley all make good ignition). I will start with the 50 and maybe go up to 65 based on what I have read from all the Accord folks on the bottle. Everyone seems to like the ZEX for safety and price. Python is good to but sounds so complicated and very expensive over 1 G instead of under $500 like the ZEX; get what you pay for? I'm still going with ZEX. Good luck and I'm like you, the car is not bad right now and just want a little something extra when I need it. Oh, I'm also beefing up the clutch first also, waiting on my Centerforce dual friction and ordering an 8lb flywheel.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:54 PM
I.B.E.W. local 3

If you like your car , I would stay with the 50 shot and use it in moderation. If you want to go fast swap a h22(prelude vtec motor) in your cl. Im speeking from experience, im into th civic/integra game i see stronger motors than ours blow up from juice .....good luck
Old 07-09-2001, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the feedback, let me know how your ZEX system works out vtec-cl.How did you have your chip set up (what modifications),and how was the power gains. Could you change your red-line to say maybe 7500 by the ECU upgrade?
Old 07-10-2001, 04:31 PM
Banned

low 15s!?! More like mid 15s....the power just isn't there in the 4 cylinder..although...you could go the engine way...I heard of some guys running 15s with cams and cam gears...a little bit of timing and the usual bolt ons...try it...probably be safer for you than NOS too...
Originally posted by CLTypeR:
<STRONG>Seein that u have a 2.2 like me, I'd suggest u not put your car on the bottle. If u do, I'd suggest getting the Venom kit because it has engine management features and that'll help u avoid messing up your engine sooner.

Second i think the fastest u'll probably get your car to go is low 15's, and maybe dip into very high 14's. Well I don't know about you, but for me that's not worth all the engine and transmission problems that will follow.

</STRONG>