hay guys, whats going on

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008 | 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

hay guys, whats going on

The forum has been a bit slow lately. So has work, I've been looking through some of my old threads oh man, some gems.

How's everyone been lately? I'm opening this thread as a general talk thread for all 1G CLer's to just shoot the shit for a while and bring back some camaraderie. Want to see how so and so's build has been going? Got some new pics? Have a question to ask me? Some lurker OG's want to come out of the woodworks? Or just bored at work/school/home? fire away!

I'll keep the thread open as long as things dont get too out of hand.
Old 03-04-2008 | 05:59 PM
its JDM yo!!!!!!!!

sup klepto let me be first to post on this. my project has been really slow lately with wanting to fix front bumper drop car and a few other odds and ends. i will post pics of my progress prolly tomorrow
Old 03-04-2008 | 06:05 PM
Racer

Whats goin on everybody . My car is coming along pretty good just got the front lip now im looking for sides and a rear. Then rims and after that probably sways the engine is pretty much done seing as how i have most of the bolt-ons. Anyone know a good place to get sides or a rear?
Old 03-04-2008 | 06:07 PM
i like acura

i just dropped 250 on two new tires today because of Negative Camber Wear, it wore down so bad, beads everywhere
Old 03-04-2008 | 06:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by qsgreencl
Whats goin on everybody . My car is coming along pretty good just got the front lip now im looking for sides and a rear. Then rims and after that probably sways the engine is pretty much done seing as how i have most of the bolt-ons. Anyone know a good place to get sides or a rear?
your best bet is either craiglist or ebay. They're hard to come by, make it a habit that every time you log onto your computer run a quick search for "wings west accord sides" or "wings west accord rear" something like that. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2008 | 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

this is a great idea klepto!

as for me, i have the money to make my CL fast, just need a mechanic to take on what i want to do. i got cash in hand, a trunk full of parts, and no one to help me. go figure lol. after the speed comes suspension n paint
Old 03-04-2008 | 07:34 PM
Drifting

cool thread.
well im driving the lude still. its running good, no major problems. i've put on about 11000 kms since october, did front brakes (rotor over hub ftw).It does get annoying though over rough roads and getting dirty looks from people cuz they think im a ricer/racer/careless driver. i actually drive better now, partly cuz speeding kills my gas milage and premium is darn expensive and because its a cop magnet. I've recently got rid of my OEM cd changer, got a pioneer deck and speakers. future plans include new tires, camber kit, muffler and rust repair. oh and yeah, the girls love it for the comfy sport seats, sexy looks and the sound of VTEC.
Old 03-04-2008 | 07:37 PM
Low and Slow

Coilovers coming in tomorrow and i'll probably have them installed on friday (payday!). Exhaust next week or the week after, and I'm trying to decided whether to spend $$ on a WW lip or more performance shiz.

Pics coming soon.
Old 03-04-2008 | 07:37 PM
I win

quick question klepto, why cant we put pics on our sigs like other forums can?
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by GianJ30a
quick question klepto, why cant we put pics on our sigs like other forums can?
Because they clog up threads too much, the powers that be don't want them. Thank god...
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:15 PM
Burning Brakes

bored as hell, might hit up a local meet but reall dont feel like it, its always the same old shit from the same old people

might just get in and take her for a blast.... then somehow end up at the meet, always looking for an excuse to really open up the taps and get the blood going
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YtseJammer
Coilovers coming in tomorrow and i'll probably have them installed on friday (payday!). Exhaust next week or the week after, and I'm trying to decided whether to spend $$ on a WW lip or more performance shiz.

Pics coming soon.

oooh, id love to see this in person........ maybe some time
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Whattup Justin, u haven't been on much lately, nice to see you're around
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:28 PM
1st Gen CL Noob

Its been one hell of a winter here in T-dot

Over the winter I've finally upgraded my HU to a Pioneer 5900 iPod deck, added a Kenwood bridged amp powering a Kenwood (temporary) 10" ported sub, and upgraded my spare JL Audio e4300 to a nicer Alpine V12 (MRV-F345) 4-channel hooked up to comps up front, and 6x9's for rear-fill.

I'm dreaming of the warmer weather to arrive, so that I can start looking into a nice drop on full-coilovers.....so thats all for now.

I'm anxiously waiting for the GB sways (from a local accord forum) finalized, so the order can get processed for my new front and rear addco's!

Also picked up a used red Cusco rear tie bar for cheap in one of the local forums, so just need to install it all at once with the new sways.

(BTW: If anyone has a WW front-lip in or near T-Dot, lmk....I'd love to add that to my baby!)
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:41 PM
Racer

Rear lip + sides skirts in the den...waiting for spring to come back around so I can install everything. Front lip needs to be repainted cuz I drive to closely to people and the paint is peeling/chipping away.

Sways, strut and bushings in the basement also waiting for the spring time to install.
I'd have all my suspension stuff installed already including Tein SS..had I not been scammed by Enduro motorsport. http://enduroautowerx.com/Store/Help...spx?id=contact
My friend Chuson from the TSX side of AZ was also scammed. So stay away from enduro.

So taking it safe and once spring comes around ordering Teins locally. Can't decide on 17 inch gram light 57s, volk le28n or...I can look like jamolie and have a black CL with 18 5zigen 5ZR's......Not in a rush to decide yet though.
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

im buying a black 95 civic ex coupe with a B16A2 swap as a 2nd car. my friend is letting me make montly payments on it. hes only askin 2500.

hows the CL justin??
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 972xghost
im buying a black 95 civic ex coupe with a B16A2 swap as a 2nd car. my friend is letting me make montly payments on it. hes only askin 2500.

hows the CL justin??
so then what r u gonna do with the CL? why not just save ur money n invest it on the cl, the civic will probably catch more envious eyes than the CL will being that people dont know whats in a CL that they can use once stolen, but know civics like the back of their hands
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:54 PM
chips and smokes, lets go

Whats up everyone. I haven't posted much so I don't know if anyone remembers me but I still have the CL. It remains stock except for a short ram intake, black housed headlights, de-badged trunk, clear corners and some kind of system. I had ebay HIDs which lasted for about 2 years and then burnt out so now I'm back to silverstars. I have a bit of a rust situation needs to be attended to. That will be my next mod. I might get a roof rack too.
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:55 PM
Suzuka Master

ahh im not worried about it. most likely it will just be me and my friends project car, but ill use it as my DD, when hes in OCS for the USMC.

ha my beater will probaly be just as fast as my CL.
Old 03-04-2008 | 09:10 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

i've got a messed up fender, door, and rear panel, along with a messed up wheel face. my alignment or balance or something is way out of whack and needs correction badly. the car shakes when i drive and flies left and right when i brake.
one of my tires is completely bald on the inside.
i have a lot of other dents and rust and stuff.

on the plus side, i have two extra headlights, hids, and tsx projectors sitting in my room
trying to decide if i should blackhouse my headlights or not. i really dont want to, but i want the cleanest cutoff i can get, and since i can't put the projector lens past the chrome in the housings, i just might have to paint them.

i got an estimate for my door and fender which comes to about 1300..
this is going on another person's insurance.. i wish i could just get all my body work done and a repaint, but that would require money.
on the bright side, the guy said debadging the A on the trunk, filling and painting, would be about 300.. i told him i didnt have the money, but i wanted to see what the price was while i would be getting work done. he kind of winked and said "i'll see what I can do"

oh, and they popped out my fender for free, so i can use my passenger door now.

still haven't washed my car since the fall

Cliffnotes: I'm ghetto
Old 03-04-2008 | 09:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by shnee420
Cliffnotes: I'm ghetto
nice, very nice
Old 03-04-2008 | 09:33 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Whats up bro... I have been away from the site in what seems like forever. I miss ya'll. Just busy moving and shit. The CL is i swear on its slow death. Buring oil like a bitch, check engine light is on.... Im slowing losing faith in honda engines. I have 79k on mine and im buring a qt of oil a week..

Anywho...
Old 03-04-2008 | 09:46 PM
Suzuka Master

hmmm do you seafoam your engine alot??
Old 03-04-2008 | 09:53 PM
Opi
Banned

Im looking for a decent laptop anyone got one to sell?
Old 03-04-2008 | 10:00 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

man, still enjoying the unemployed life (for the next 5 months or so)

front tires are shot, not looking forward to dishing out another 250 for those, then another 250 for a new alternator

then another 150 for front lip paint

this car is a money pit...grr
Old 03-04-2008 | 10:01 PM
I win

im getting my cai this week, woop woop, another question to the mods, why dont we have cl of the week and have their car displayed on the top instead of the 2nd gen all the time
Old 03-04-2008 | 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

We don't control the banners, those are for advertisements of our vendors
Old 03-04-2008 | 11:11 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

im planning on turning my cl into a plane.
Old 03-04-2008 | 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Whattup Justin, u haven't been on much lately, nice to see you're around
I know man, its just been work everyday, then COD4 at night and then davis on the weekends to visit the GF.

speaking of, anyone play COD4 for the 360? Hit me up and we'll get a match going

Originally Posted by Opi
Im looking for a decent laptop anyone got one to sell?
dell always has sales. keep an eye out on slickdeals.net

Originally Posted by fliplyricist1
man, still enjoying the unemployed life (for the next 5 months or so)

front tires are shot, not looking forward to dishing out another 250 for those, then another 250 for a new alternator

then another 150 for front lip paint

this car is a money pit...grr
hey man, at least you got them sexy flush rims
Old 03-04-2008 | 11:58 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by 972xghost
hmmm do you seafoam your engine alot??
Once.
Old 03-05-2008 | 12:33 AM
Senior Moderator

I still have a primrose side mirror. Justin we should get that all-cali meet going again.
Old 03-05-2008 | 03:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Whats up bro... I have been away from the site in what seems like forever. I miss ya'll. Just busy moving and shit. The CL is i swear on its slow death. Buring oil like a bitch, check engine light is on.... Im slowing losing faith in honda engines. I have 79k on mine and im buring a qt of oil a week..

Anywho...
mine started doing it at around 150k at around a half-to-whole quart a month, I figure since the floor of my garage under the engine is clean its some consumption, VTEC motors tend to do that on their own to protect themselves... in VTEC of course...... thing is it was doing that until I started using better oils, I started down with AMSOil, loved that and was fine, but it spewed out my dipstick when the gaskets went bad or something, 10 bucks later on a new dipstick and it was fine..... switched and tried Mobil1 High mileage and that seemed to work pretty well

but now ive found a great one that tends to stay in the motor.... Motul, and I intend to use that on all my cards from here on out..... thing is im using their highest line... friggin RACE oil.... at 15 bucks a litre... but hey I dont have to keep filling up and what not, so its worth it to me, that and my motor runs so much smoother on it than it ever did with any other oils ive run through it
Old 03-05-2008 | 05:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have something big coming Thursday (hopefully). Let's just say I cannot wait.
Old 03-05-2008 | 08:28 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by G22_Powered_YA1
mine started doing it at around 150k at around a half-to-whole quart a month, I figure since the floor of my garage under the engine is clean its some consumption, VTEC motors tend to do that on their own to protect themselves... in VTEC of course...... thing is it was doing that until I started using better oils, I started down with AMSOil, loved that and was fine, but it spewed out my dipstick when the gaskets went bad or something, 10 bucks later on a new dipstick and it was fine..... switched and tried Mobil1 High mileage and that seemed to work pretty well

but now ive found a great one that tends to stay in the motor.... Motul, and I intend to use that on all my cards from here on out..... thing is im using their highest line... friggin RACE oil.... at 15 bucks a litre... but hey I dont have to keep filling up and what not, so its worth it to me, that and my motor runs so much smoother on it than it ever did with any other oils ive run through it
Nice to know. I have been using Moble 1 for ever. But I will switch to Motul... But at 79k, this motor should not be doing that. The thing that kind of scares me is that when i get on it, it smokes a little. My back bumper is slowly turning black between washes.
Old 03-05-2008 | 01:06 PM
Scissor Me Timbers!!

Originally Posted by klepto
I know man, its just been work everyday, then COD4 at night and then davis on the weekends to visit the GF.

speaking of, anyone play COD4 for the 360? Hit me up and we'll get a match going
I'm on COD4 every night too. PM Sent!

As for me. I don't have the CL anymore. Hydro-locked for those of you who don't remember. I have a DC5 Integra (RSX Type S). Just put on JDM Type R headlights with factory HID's and a Injen Cold Air Intake. I've got a set of brand new 5Zigen GN+ 17x7.5 rims sitting in my room waiting to be put on. I'm just waiting for my 5Zigen lugs to show up. Should be here tomorrow!
Old 03-05-2008 | 01:37 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Originally Posted by Lunchbox
I'm on COD4 every night too. PM Sent!
Wish I still had my 360 to play with you guys..

Guess im stuck with COD 4, Warhawk, and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on my PS3.
Old 03-05-2008 | 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
Wish I still had my 360 to play with you guys..

Guess im stuck with COD 4, Warhawk, and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on my PS3.
and thats about all the games there are for ps3. how was paying $50 for a DEMO
Old 03-05-2008 | 02:01 PM
Scissor Me Timbers!!

Originally Posted by klepto
and thats about all the games there are for ps3. how was paying $50 for a DEMO
Old 03-05-2008 | 02:08 PM
2600lb CL

The company I worked for shut down.

Moved back to cali and arrived yesterday. I'll be working at the old shop again.

Bought a Titan to tow my CL around. The CL is back in Texas because I couldn't find a place to store it within my price range. (I'm only willing to pay $100/month).

I fly back to Dallas on the 4th of April for my sister's baby shower at the Ritz Carlton. In the mean time I'll continue looking for a friend's garage to store the CL. In which if I do find one, I'll be driving the CL back to Cali around this time. If not, then I fly back.

Going to a street car challenge on the 21st of March which my friends are attending.

And the CL still needs to have the head gaskets replaced. And we have the tools I need out here in Cali. So I'm hoping I get her here. That's my update.
Old 03-05-2008 | 02:09 PM
2600lb CL

Originally Posted by asianspec
I still have a primrose side mirror. Justin we should get that all-cali meet going again.
Paint the other one black. I think it'll look sick with two black side mirrors with your black lip. Let's take it off and spray paint that biatch.

Quick Reply: hay guys, whats going on