got tinted!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got tinted!

Just got my car tinted today. Got 50% all around. Didn't want to go dark, cause 1. It's illegal here in NJ. 2. I had 5% on my last car and it was too dark. 3. Don't need to attract attention to my car by the popo. A couple of my friends have 50% on their cars and it looks good. Paid $150 for all 5 windows (friend of the family's business).

-Erik
Old 07-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also live in Jersey and am wondering how many times guys you know get harrassed for their tints. My CL is 15% all around and I travel all over our beautiful state (Parkway, Turnpike, all the places troopers love to hang out) and I have yet to be pulled over for my tinted windows. Should I be knocking on wood or what? If you notice, there are a decent amount of tinted cars in our state and I would surmise that if you are going with the speed of traffic, a cop is not going to go out of his way to give you a $40 ticket for tints. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:22 AM
kee-master

cool.. post some pix

hg
Old 07-25-2002, 02:26 AM
Instructor

i live in jersey too, i had 15% all around, hell yeah i got harassed, you better believe it. my cuz has 15% on his 325is and he got busted the third day he got the tint put on. i stripped the front windows cuz i had insurance inspection and normal inspection. i coulda gotten away with the norm. insp. but insurance was a no go. they told me to get rid of it... so i spent 3 hours razor bladin the shiet outta my windows... sucked ass. i'm definitly gettin it redone tho... i don't really care.
Old 07-25-2002, 07:42 AM
Racer

Well it depends. My last car I had tinted 5% for the 5 years that I had it and never got pulled over once for my tint. Got pulled over for speeding and stuff but they never bothered me about the tint. Honestly most cops in the North Jersey area (primarily NYC area) don't bother you about tints. They have more important things to worry about. Plus, another reason I really don't worry about the tint is because: my uncle is a state trooper, my other uncle is a detective, my two best friends are both detectives, and I'm friends with a good amount of the Clifton (where I live) Police department.

So I guess what I'm saying is, yeah you should be careful. If you're speeding (say 90 in a 55) and the cop pulls you over and he's pissed off, there's a good chance he'll hit you for whatever he can.

-Erik
Old 07-25-2002, 07:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Erik-

Yeah, I agree with you in that if you are pulled over for speeding, you will probably get a ticket for tinting too.

I happened to notice in your sig, that you are looking for new wheels and tires. What style are the wheels on your CL now (the stock ones). If they are the twin spoke, highly polished ones, I would be interested in taking them off your hands. Let me know.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Darren213
Erik-

Yeah, I agree with you in that if you are pulled over for speeding, you will probably get a ticket for tinting too.

I happened to notice in your sig, that you are looking for new wheels and tires. What style are the wheels on your CL now (the stock ones). If they are the twin spoke, highly polished ones, I would be interested in taking them off your hands. Let me know.
Sorry, they are the multi-spoke one's. And also, I wasn't planning on getting rid of them anyway, was gonna use them as winter wheels. Sorry.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
What up got 50% all around...I get pulled over just for tint in monmouth/middlesex county like crazy... shit is unbelievable...pigs just have nothing better to do, then pull over a kid in a nice car with tints. Stay out of matawan, holmdel, middletown, hazlet, east brunswick, and spotswood you will be fine...
Old 07-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Slooo97CL
What up got 50% all around...I get pulled over just for tint in monmouth/middlesex county like crazy... shit is unbelievable...pigs just have nothing better to do, then pull over a kid in a nice car with tints. Stay out of matawan, holmdel, middletown, hazlet, east brunswick, and spotswood you will be fine...

Yeah, you're right, I play soccer for the semi-pro team from perth amboy and we play at Geick Park in OB. Most of the guys on the team that are from that area get pulled over all the time for tints. Up here in the passaic, bergen county area, cops really don't bother you about tint, unless you are causing other problems or they're haveing a really shitty day.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:34 PM
im back biaaatch!

man, here in california it u have 95 percent the cops will pull you over. I roll with 5 percent front and sides and back, i had the windshield done on my accord but that was big trouble. now i have a strip of 5 pecent across the bottom of the windshield (about 1/4 of the heights of the windshield) and the same on the top. it looks dope, and the pigs dont notice it.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Posts some pictures of the 50% tint....Because i'm thinking of tinting all 5 windows and I wanna know how that looks...
Old 07-31-2002, 02:53 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Beani051
Posts some pictures of the 50% tint....Because i'm thinking of tinting all 5 windows and I wanna know how that looks...

I'm leaving on a short vacation on Friday and will be back on Monday, so if I don't get a chance to put pics up by Fri. then I'll put them up when i get back.

-Erik