Finally- Air Dam On!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 06:48 PM
I love eggs!!!!!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally- Air Dam On!!!!

At last, I got a chance to paint my air dam today-took forever to get paint mixed for some reason- just used aresol. have to say it turned out pretty damn well- painted my grille black too. instead of silver-wow what a difference. maybe someday I'll get a camera and take a pic. But damn it looks good. Now i want to do even more!!!!!!!!11
Old 06-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Honda Technician

pics someday? now!!
Old 06-11-2002, 06:55 PM
I love eggs!!!!!!!!!

Believe me ,I want to. My car isn't nearly as sweet as some of the others out there, but she does me just fine i'll work on the pics though.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:50 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can't get a hold of a digicam, take a regular photo, and scan it into your hard drive. If you don't have a scanner, mail it to me, and I'll post it.

I really want to see how it looks!
Old 06-11-2002, 10:55 PM
I love eggs!!!!!!!!!

Ok-my dads got a digi cam for work but he said I could use it- however--------I AM A MORON!!!!!!!!!------- I have no clue on how to put them into the computer-post them, send them----? I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow morning before work--if not it will be next tuesday--WORK---I LOVE IT!!!:angry: WISH ME LUCK
Old 06-11-2002, 10:58 PM
I love eggs!!!!!!!!!

Oh and don't get your hopes up, my cars nothin special--well--besides the fact its a CL!!!
Old 06-11-2002, 11:51 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,181 Likes on 689 Posts
So you just painted it yourself using aerosol cans? If you did does it look factory and did you clear coat it and use a flexing agent? Also how did you prep it out of curiousity? I was toying with the idea of ordering a rear lip and it would be great it i could paint it because the side skirts and the front lip cost a decent amt for me to have painted. Not sure if it's worth me doing it myself though.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:13 AM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea what kind of paint u use?? i highly doubt u could match a factory paint job with off the shelf products... hey if yea did congrats but i know theres nothin to match my black

MaCe
Old 06-12-2002, 09:06 AM
I love eggs!!!!!!!!!

Theres a couple places here that mix it in an aresol for you -I gave them the color code- they mixed the paint. I sanded down the air dam, cleaned it with silicone remover, sanded again, cleaned again primed it with flexible surface primer- a bunch of very thin layers- sanded it all down next day after it was completely cured. Bought the paint that dayAlong with a new brand of flexible surface primer-(spray, sand,clean,spray sand clean.) Next day- cleaned it again- and painted it- used two whole aresol cans-with many many very thin coats.. And no, the clear coat did not have a flexing agent. Guy at the parts store told me about a good aresol clearcoat, but was out of stock- so I bought some other stuff he said would work. It will probably be later this week before pics- sorry guys. I figure out haw to work that camera soon, I promise
Old 06-12-2002, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by savagestone
Theres a couple places here that mix it in an aresol for you -I gave them the color code- they mixed the paint. I sanded down the air dam, cleaned it with silicone remover, sanded again, cleaned again primed it with flexible surface primer- a bunch of very thin layers- sanded it all down next day after it was completely cured. Bought the paint that dayAlong with a new brand of flexible surface primer-(spray, sand,clean,spray sand clean.) Next day- cleaned it again- and painted it- used two whole aresol cans-with many many very thin coats.. And no, the clear coat did not have a flexing agent. Guy at the parts store told me about a good aresol clearcoat, but was out of stock- so I bought some other stuff he said would work. It will probably be later this week before pics- sorry guys. I figure out haw to work that camera soon, I promise
i wanna get one too.......... but now i kinda calling around and see how much it would cost me to paint that thing ...... i also wanna paint my factory side skirts and rear bumper ............

can body shops match old paint ? cause car isn’t new its 97 i had some touch up paint and that doesn’t match at all like putting black over white LOL ........ if any one knows let me know !
Old 06-12-2002, 11:39 PM
I love eggs!!!!!!!!!

I am not an expert painter- yet- but as for as i know , old paint can't be matched. The best thing I know to do is get it painted, and after it is done and dried, lightly and carefully use rubbing compound to dull ond blend the color to your liking, then wash and wax it- good- don't let the compound stay on too long or it will eat your paint. But I would say for the money I saved over having a body shop do it, I am very pleased with the results I had. Just takes a lot of patience. Hope this helps, if anyone has a better idea, please post. i'm always up for suggestions.