Dont Buy At Carmax!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont Buy At Carmax!!!!

CARMAX is the biggest crap in the nation! First they try to give you peanuts for your trade in and then they rape you with their high prices. "The high prices are justified because our cars are guaranteed to not have body damage" no body damage maybe, but i can assure you the whole right side of my cl was hit by an 18 wheeler. The inside window trims are all warped, the window leaks air, the door wouldnt close right, and the whole right side was repainted.

I worked and saved 5 years for what was supposed to be my dream car and these bastards took away that "new car" feeling that i paid so dearly for. Since the 1st week my car has been in the shop and now 6 months later only 1 of the 5 problems have been fixed which was a rattle that i couldve fixed myself!?

I can ASSURE you that CARMAX does in fact sell crashed cars. Im an idiot that fell for their sales pitch and now i paid $2000 for an extended warranty that does me no good.

It does me no good because their "technicians" are a bunch of idiots!! They are not technicians and they are not what we think of when we say "mechanics", they are simply "PARTS REPLACERS". I have an exhaust leak and a windnoise in my passenger window and i have taken my car to them 6 times for a total of 25 days with no rental car (i dont have full coverage so they wont give me one).

Monday morning i will contact the better business bureau because their corporate office cant even help me, they too are retards that are only there to take my yells.

BOTTOM LINE is every car dealership has its flaws, but this one has MAJOR flaws which do not JUSTIFY their "NO VASELINE" prices!!!!

I hope someone from carmax is reading this so they can tell their store!

PS i bought the car in the Miami, Fl store and my last name is garcia, theyll know who i am!
Old 06-06-2004, 01:35 AM
i like orange juice

Ive had good expereinces, ive bought 2 cars from there and will purchase my next one that im getting at the end of june.....
Old 06-06-2004, 01:35 AM
i like orange juice

ohh..and did you buy a Valumax car or Carmax car?
Old 06-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well shit.. the place is called CARMAX for dgod sakes. It sounds like the cheap whore of a car sales business. That's just my oppinion though.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:05 AM
i like orange juice

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
well shit.. the place is called CARMAX for dgod sakes. It sounds like the cheap whore of a car sales business. That's just my oppinion though.

actually its not....its nationwide and recognized for being a good place.. www.carmax.com
Old 06-06-2004, 08:49 AM
roomate has a CL too

ghost masterCL damn u got a problem with everything don't u... just shut it... and now ur going to start on me... well have fun.

my sister got a turbo beattle from carmax... was an odd experience... u can find some good deals there, but there is also places u can a better deal... but if u got no time to search around and want to be safe, then go there.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no no, I don't have a problem with man ythings. I'm just hung over right now so I'm a bit pissy. I've never heard of carmas before, so I thought it was a ghetto car sales place.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:09 AM

yo dude, buyer beware. you should have inspected the car more carefully b4 you decided to buy from them. . . .
Old 06-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Suzuka Master

dude, have you run a carfax b4 you buy the car? given that the carfax might now have everything shown on it, but at least it will give you an idea. get yourself one right now and see if anything shows up. if you did see an accident record on it, then you can argue w/ carmax to get your $$$, hopefully.

my friend's g/f bought her corolla in the Ft. Lauderdale carmax and she's happy w/ it. maybe yours is just an independent case.

but anyway, run a carfax and yeah, PM me w/ the VIN so i can ask my friend that works at a acura dealership to check your car's dealer service record.