Closed thread about 2.3 vs 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005 | 07:48 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Those are very impressive numbers. Kudos to the 2nd gens.
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:05 AM

we got some fast 2nd gens
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:52 AM
B A N N E D

mrsteve has quiet things down a bit after that lol, what the heck, I'll come out with mine also see how many cars behind I can leave the 2.2
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:02 AM
One custom CL

Originally Posted by mrsteve
I'll race you in my automatic CL

And you'd definitely loose From a stop, from a roll, you name it

You are more welcome to come and try. First week of august.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:03 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SupraManAG
You are more welcome to come and try. First week of august.

You have no idea

Unfortunately the automatic CL will be sold by then. However i'll take you in the 6MT. How much horsepower are you putting down to the wheels?
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:07 AM
One custom CL

Shiii. I can see how many people are haten me. If we are jumping on turbo and superchargers why not wait till next year. Run about 30lbs of boost on a tuned H22 then you can come with God for the prayers.
Guys if you people want to come for the fun then do so but if you are coming for the grudge then let me know. At least I'll be prepared in my own ways.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:09 AM
Team Owner

Well I only offered the challenge because you were comparing your H22 to a J30. Come on now. That's apples to oranges. So I threw in a few oranges of my own.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:10 AM
One custom CL

We are talking about a stock race. I have H22 @ 9500rpm, CAI, no Cat, plugs wires. Figure a little over 200whp @ 3000lbs. Thats it. It would be a good way to see its potential against 3.0s. If you guys are coming to put me down, like I said before you people let me know.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:11 AM
Team Owner

You car isn't stock! You don't even have the stock motor.

Last time I checked a complete motor swap wasn't considered "stock"
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:14 AM
One custom CL

Well If you throw a orange then I might as well forget about it and come at you with a whole new apple. Ill tune my car like I am planning, turbo charge it. Build it to the high hundreds then Ill see you. We are talking about minor revisions. Here are 2 engines @ 200whp and I'm trying to see the outcome. For the fun of it. IM not saying ill will or loose. Thats why there is a meet set.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:16 AM
One custom CL

You car isn't stock! You don't even have the stock motor.

Last time I checked a complete motor swap wasn't considered "stock"
Sorry. Phrased it wrong. Non stock car. Stock H22 with minor revisions.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:21 AM
Team Owner

Do whatever you'd like. It'd be cool to see a turbo'd H22 CL. However just remember that there's always gonna be somebody faster than you.

Oh and your original argument about automatic vs. manual is crap (no offense). The torque converter in the automatic will allow you to leave the line so much eaiser than using a clutch. Also, in a straight line drag race an automatic transmission is better than the manual because you don't need to worry about driver's error when it comes time to shift. The automatic transmission isn't going to be nearly as efficient as the manual (especially in the CL) but it is much easier to drive fast.
Old 06-23-2005 | 11:26 AM
Safety Car

We are talking about a stock race. I have H22 @ 9500rpm, CAI, no Cat, plugs wires. Figure a little over 200whp @ 3000lbs. Thats it. It would be a good way to see its potential against 3.0s. If you guys are coming to put me down, like I said before you people let me know.

either way, i think itll be a good time to meet some new people..maybee we could get a bbq goin or somethin.. im really excited on putting all this modded 3.0 vs modded h22, vs modded f2.x, vs. minivan driven cl's..j/k.. but really this is all just for fun..
Old 06-23-2005 | 12:27 PM

FORGET ALL THAT, after we rece I'm for sure going to fight someone.

You guys need to relax on the "My H22 will waste you CL" vice-versa. Let's just have
a fun meet and several fun races. When it's all said and done reality will sink in...

Old 06-23-2005 | 01:42 PM
One custom CL

Thats what I'm looking forward to. I can't wait.
Old 06-23-2005 | 01:51 PM

Thats what I'm looking forward to. I can't wait.

Which one, the fighting, meet, race, or the reality?
Old 06-23-2005 | 02:22 PM
how handsome I am

lol - a bbq definitely sounds like fun too. Since we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale, how about's we meet up there and ride up to WPB to Moroso? We can time all of our cars and post the findings up here...

oh yea and im ready to throw down too. Elt, your at the top of my list
Old 06-23-2005 | 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by agranado
lol - a bbq definitely sounds like fun too. Since we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale, how about's we meet up there and ride up to WPB to Moroso? We can time all of our cars and post the findings up here...

oh yea and im ready to throw down too. Elt, your at the top of my list

That's the only reason why I'm going to fight.

Old 06-23-2005 | 03:02 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by DivineCL
yeah they will have a protein farting contest between Rodxx, Divine and SupraMan...
Old 06-23-2005 | 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by CL Platano
yeah they will have a protein farting contest between Rodxx, Divine and SupraMan...

rodxx will win hands down.
Have you seen what he did to his leather seats?
I actually don't take protein shakes, so mine don't stink as much as when
I use to. One day I'll rip one at you for proof.
Old 06-23-2005 | 05:40 PM
One custom CL

If I came for the fight or with the idea to fight I wouldn't race at all. I would do the unthinkable and end up in jail sooner or later. I'm going in there for the fun and competition. What i dont appreciate is people like MrSteven who come out as the wrong thing. You should check out his posts on other threads. The guy has no idea that the people he might be going up against don't give a shit about him or his cars. There are plenty ways of winning, at least in my book. Its alright guys. I'm coming to Fla for a good time and thats what I'm gonna have. Meeting all you guys would be nice. A nice BBQ sounds good. Can't wait.
Old 06-23-2005 | 05:46 PM
One custom CL

rodxx will win hands down.
Have you seen what he did to his leather seats?
I actually don't take protein shakes, so mine don't stink as much as when
I use to. One day I'll rip one at you for proof.
Listen, its not a matter of what you look like or how much protein you take. Who gots the cohones makes the rules. Another thing, I really dont want to come to Fla to fight, my girl will be there with me. I dont want her seein the real side of me, at least not yet.
Old 06-23-2005 | 05:51 PM
Team Owner

Oh please. Enough with the e-thug bullshit.

Grow up.

Old 06-23-2005 | 05:52 PM
how handsome I am

Listen, its not a matter of what you look like or how much protein you take. Who gots the cohones makes the rules. Another thing, I really dont want to come to Fla to fight, my girl will be there with me. I dont want her seein the real side of me, at least not yet.
there isnt gonna be any fighting lol... its all fun n'games man. Just some BBQ and burning rubber
Old 06-23-2005 | 06:02 PM
One custom CL

Oh please. Enough with the e-thug bullshit.

Grow up.

Listen bud. If some of us are touchy in our own way then thats the way it is. I didn't like the way you came out and I'm man enough to say it. If i was e-thugin you I'd tell you to shut the fuck up and ask you to come to the meet just so I could send you to the hospital and burn your car. I'm not saying that now. Am I? Now you get back to your business and I will to mine.
Old 06-23-2005 | 06:35 PM
Team Owner

You issued a challenge to automatic CLs. All I did was accept. How is the way I "came out" anything to get pissy about?
Old 06-23-2005 | 06:43 PM
One custom CL

What year is your CL?
Old 06-23-2005 | 06:46 PM
Safety Car

how did this turn into a hissy fit? steve lives in maryland, if he comes all the way down here to race us 16 second cars let him if he wins then he has a long ride home with a pocket full of pride of beatin up on us 1g cl's. and honestly i would like to see just how bad id loose to a type s. prolly not as bad as many would think it to be. come on down steve, but your bringin the meat for the bbq...
Old 06-23-2005 | 07:14 PM
Team Owner

I wouldn't drive all the way to Florida for a street race. It was a hypothetical challenge. Apparently the intelligence level of some members (will not be named) isn't high enough to comprehend that.

My automatic CL-S is a 2002. The 6-speed is obviously a 2003.

And yes I think I’d absolutely destroy any 1st Gen CL with just bolt-ons. My 6-speed CL-S easily has more than 130whp more than any 1st Gen CL with only bolt-ons. The race wouldn’t even be close.
Old 06-23-2005 | 07:51 PM
One custom CL

I wouldn't drive all the way to Florida for a street race. It was a hypothetical challenge. Apparently the intelligence level of some members (will not be named) isn't high enough to comprehend that.

And yes I think I’d absolutely destroy any 1st Gen CL with just bolt-ons. My 6-speed CL-S easily has more than 130whp more than any 1st Gen CL with only bolt-ons. The race wouldn’t even be close.
Apparently the intelligence of some people here isn't quite developed to understand that stupid talk in this world gets them in trouble sometimes. We aren't writing the anatomy of human life but living our daily lives. Don't confuse intelect with stupidity. Big difference between the two yet ironicaly they go so well side by side.
You drive a automatic CL type S and at one point of time it was supercharged. That is why you came out wrong in my book. My first post in this thread was a challange to 3.0s. You drive a 3.2 type S to by saying just that I'll ask you to leave. You weren't even challenged to begin with. You cannot go and compare 200whp to 260whp because its plain stupid. So in conclusion you read the challenge all wrong. Next time please do read things right the first time. Key strokes take lil time yet they aren't worth your intelect. Have yourself a nice day.
Old 06-23-2005 | 07:52 PM
how handsome I am

right.

you're bringing the chips too.
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:09 PM
One custom CL

Originally Posted by wilp99
how did this turn into a hissy fit? steve lives in maryland, if he comes all the way down here to race us 16 second cars let him if he wins then he has a long ride home with a pocket full of pride of beatin up on us 1g cl's. and honestly i would like to see just how bad id loose to a type s. prolly not as bad as many would think it to be. come on down steve, but your bringin the meat for the bbq...
Listen I dont care what Steve says. You have a point. It did turn into a hissy fit. Sorry but do you see this guys nonsense and his comparison of cars. I take pride in my car regardless of the scratches because of street parking. Ill build my car as much as I can. Because of that pride I opened this thread about 2.2 vs 3.0 because 2.2s are very under rated. Maybe they should be but you cant tell that to someone who likes their 2.2. Now here comes someone with at least 65hp more them majority of us and starts feeling all big because he can beat us. Anyways. Sorry guys for the hissy fit.
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:15 PM
how handsome I am

Listen I dont care what Steve says. You have a point. It did turn into a hissy fit. Sorry but do you see this guys nonsense and his comparison of cars. I take pride in my car regardless of the scratches because of street parking. Ill build my car as much as I can. Because of that pride I opened this thread about 2.2 vs 3.0 because 2.2s are very under rated. Maybe they should be but you cant tell that to someone who likes their 2.2. Now here comes someone with at least 65hp more them majority of us and starts feeling all big because he can beat us. Anyways. Sorry guys for the hissy fit.
:gheyhug: Let's just all get along...

back to the topic.

I mentioned Moroso speedway in West Palm as a place where we could take all our cars and E/T them on the 1/4 mile. (West palm is maybe an hr. from Ft. Lauderdale I think?) What do you guys think? This would have to be pretty much an all day thing though. At least, I'd like it to be an all day thing

-Alex
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:18 PM
2600lb CL

Shit, does this mean I can't race? I won't have a 3.0 when I get to FL. I thought it was a race off the launch, auto vs manual. Anyways, I'm still going. Just another reason to have fun in a fun city. Can't wait! We should all rent jet skies at the beach...
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:19 PM
2600lb CL

I'll prob be there for a week or two since I have family out there. So no hotels to worry about for me Unless they kick me out, lol.....
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Cocoa
Shit, does this mean I can't race? I won't have a 3.0 when I get to FL. I thought it was a race off the launch, auto vs manual. Anyways, I'm still going. Just another reason to have fun in a fun city. Can't wait! We should all rent jet skies at the beach...
no worries, you can run in my 2.2 (as long as you dont break it )
One custom CL

Originally Posted by agranado
:gheyhug: Let's just all get along...

back to the topic.

I mentioned Moroso speedway in West Palm as a place where we could take all our cars and E/T them on the 1/4 mile. (West palm is maybe an hr. from Ft. Lauderdale I think?) What do you guys think? This would have to be pretty much an all day thing though. At least, I'd like it to be an all day thing

-Alex
We need good communication with each other. I dont know my way around Ft. Lauderdale and I would need to drive with others to the speedway if thats the def plan. I was lookin forward to that BBQ. Can we have it at the speedway? I dont know.
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:21 PM
how handsome I am

We need good communication with each other. I dont know my way around Ft. Lauderdale and I would need to drive with others to the speedway if thats the def plan. I was lookin forward to that BBQ. Can we have it at the speedway? I dont know.
obviously. I dont mind making an early morning drive up there just so we can have more day to work with

Doesnt mean we cant have the BBQ either... I'll start looking to see where exactly what is and what not.

-Alex
Old 06-23-2005 | 08:21 PM
One custom CL

Originally Posted by Cocoa

Ur cool Cocoa. You better be there.
Old 06-23-2005 | 10:45 PM
Team Owner

Apparently the intelligence of some people here isn't quite developed to understand that stupid talk in this world gets them in trouble sometimes. We aren't writing the anatomy of human life but living our daily lives. Don't confuse intelect with stupidity. Big difference between the two yet ironicaly they go so well side by side.

You drive a automatic CL type S and at one point of time it was supercharged. That is why you came out wrong in my book. My first post in this thread was a challange to 3.0s. You drive a 3.2 type S to by saying just that I'll ask you to leave. You weren't even challenged to begin with. You cannot go and compare 200whp to 260whp because its plain stupid. So in conclusion you read the challenge all wrong. Next time please do read things right the first time. Key strokes take lil time yet they aren't worth your intelect. Have yourself a nice day.
My intial post was just a light hearted joke to knock you off the quasi-soap box you proped yourself up on. I wouldn't waste the gas racing you. Totally not worth it. Our cars are just at two different levels right now. However, I did say I'd love to see you turbocharge an H22 CL. So do it!

Your original posts said that a "stick" is so much better than an automatic when it comes to racing. Unfortunately, as I previously posted, I beg to differ.

Quick Reply: Closed thread about 2.3 vs 3.0