Carbon Fiber Hood??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fiber Hood??

Do they make it for our cars? Who? How much? Where?

Thanks for any help!
Gina
Old 01-08-2002, 12:55 PM
I use a condom?

We've talked about this before. Noone makes them right now but i guess you could get one custom done for our car. I think scott...err uh Ghander was gonna do this.. Problay cost around $400-500 I'd imagine.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

keep trying...
keep hoping...
keep asking....

unfortunately nobody makes a CF hood for the firs gen CL yet, but some people have taked about getting some custom made at about 500 of 600 a piece.

you might be able to make a 94-97 accord hood fit on the CL with modifications to make our grille for.

either way, it hasnt been tryed yet.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Okay thanks! I went to FiberImages.com and sent them an email asking if they plan on making them for our cars and if not did they have any suggestions so I'll let you know what they say.

--gina
Old 01-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk but why would you want one? I could see if we had a very performance orientated car and you wanted to reduce weight but we dont, we have a near luxury coupe thats well...kinda slow. All of the riced out civics have them and they look kind of wierd since they dont match your paint. Maybe on a black car but a white one... Anyway that is just my opinion (i know it wasnt asked for but i gave it anyway Do whatever floats your boat)
Old 01-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Midnight Marauder

I'd like to see it.
Put some vents in it for when you get your supercharger!
Old 01-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Banned

Most places that will do carbon fiber hoods, usually cheat....they create a fiber glass version mold of the hood and then overlay CF to achieve the look...true CF hoods cost an arm and a leg for custom ones.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:52 PM
i like chicken

we are doing a custom fiberglass hood, i think we are going to use the accord hood and mod it around the lights and the grille to fit. i will let everyone know how it works. i want to reduce the weight in the front in case you are wondering why. we probably will use this hood because it still has the class look, but we are also doing a body kit so it will have some sport to it.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:12 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by 1StGenCL
Not trying to be a jerk but why would you want one? I could see if we had a very performance orientated car and you wanted to reduce weight but we dont, we have a near luxury coupe thats well...kinda slow. All of the riced out civics have them and they look kind of wierd since they dont match your paint. Maybe on a black car but a white one... Anyway that is just my opinion (i know it wasnt asked for but i gave it anyway Do whatever floats your boat)
actually.. I would put one on mine... white & CF contarst every so boldly and not so terribly...

When I have the $$$$ after my system is finished, headers, brakes... so either after or before a SC... I will have one made...

I know a guy that is incredible w/ CF.. he's using it in my system along with Fiber Glass.... I will have him make the hood, skirts and a rear spoiler! I think those accents ona white car will be insane... but maybe too much... atleast the hood I'll get...

sorry for the ramblings...
Old 01-08-2002, 06:03 PM
i like chicken

Originally posted by Casper98CL

actually.. I would put one on mine... white & CF contarst every so boldly and not so terribly...

When I have the $$$$ after my system is finished, headers, brakes... so either after or before a SC... I will have one made...

I know a guy that is incredible w/ CF.. he's using it in my system along with Fiber Glass.... I will have him make the hood, skirts and a rear spoiler! I think those accents ona white car will be insane... but maybe too much... atleast the hood I'll get...

sorry for the ramblings...
not to sound like a jerk or anything, but i doubt the dude that is doing your interior is using carbon fiber for interior moldings. but if he is, why are you letting him? do you know how expensive real carbon fiber is? i mean real carbon fiber, not these carbon fiber mirrors and interior accents that people do in fake cf. anyway, i cant wait to see the custom job, although i am not a fan of CF, i think a black CF hood looks good on a white car. just dont do the wing and body parts that will look too much!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 05:20 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by rmstoico

not to sound like a jerk or anything, but i doubt the dude that is doing your interior is using carbon fiber for interior moldings. but if he is, why are you letting him? do you know how expensive real carbon fiber is? i mean real carbon fiber, not these carbon fiber mirrors and interior accents that people do in fake cf. anyway, i cant wait to see the custom job, although i am not a fan of CF, i think a black CF hood looks good on a white car. just dont do the wing and body parts that will look too much!!!!
No no no... not interior moldings... trunk and motor accents will be CF with white fiber glass... the grilles/custom panels that he needs to build will also be fiberglass and CF for show purposes...

CF is NOT that expensive... I bought a role of CF, hardner, and whatever else is neccessary for $300 and change.... The roll is huge... 4ft width and a thicjk roll at that too.... Don't know where he gets it, but the shit is straight.. NO BS!!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Instructor

I think a carbon fiber hood would look awesome on our cars! Plus it's a DIFFERENT mod and since the CL's are not that popular it would be even better for shows. I'm not trying to make my CL a race car, if I wanted a fast car I would've kept my 5th gen Civic and hooked that up. Just like everyone else, I'm trying to do different mods.

-gina
Old 01-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Thats my Girl!!

I think a carbon fiber hood would look awesome on our cars! Plus it's a DIFFERENT mod and since the CL's are not that popular it would be even better for shows. I'm not trying to make my CL a race car, if I wanted a fast car I would've kept my 5th gen Civic and hooked that up. Just like everyone else, I'm trying to do different mods.
i 2nd that!!!

i think it looks good on white cars... or at least lighter color cars..

because it stands out more!!

just my 2 cents...
Old 01-10-2002, 11:18 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by Acura Girl

-gina
besides I don't care what mods rae done.. A race car the CL will never be....

but the unique mods on a car like ours stand out greatly!

Acura girl.. I couldn't have said it better myself!