The Car Show Scene.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Car Show Scene.

How many of you like it.

I've been up and down the east coast of the united states. on tours and show trips... I dunno I think im growing out of it.

i love to do the work i do I just dont have as much fun at the show.

i dunno. maybe its cause at this last one i couldn't sneak and trees in. I did have a film canister full of crystals from the grinder
Old 06-06-2004, 09:17 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
I grew out of the import scene about 4 years ago. Now it's even worse, I've been to east coast shows and they make the west coast shows look like super show status, and I still think the west shows suck.

Hot Rod shows have really picked up the last 4 years IMO. Good to see them getting their glory days back.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:29 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sickacuraCL
i dunno. maybe its cause at this last one i couldn't sneak and trees in. I did have a film canister full of crystals from the grinder
Old 06-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Banned

This is the first year i've been putting my car in shows, and i'm only staying local in Florida. I've been to HIN, going to the Funk Flex show, another show sponsored by 95.3 thats hosted by Xzibit, and countless smaller local ones. Its fun, but i'm also pretty tired of it already. Its a lot of damn work. I think this will be the only time i ever do it. Its fun to do, but takes a lot out of you. Get there super early, clean your car, stay thru the whole show, answer questions, talk to judges, and dont get out till late.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Pit Stop?

My first few car shows were awesome........now they are getting boring. It's usually just a lot of ricers.....sigh :o
Old 06-06-2004, 11:26 PM
RODDYS

Well no wonder you guys are bored. I love shows. I don't care win or loose its all about showinf off. I love what I do and am proud of my work or my choices I make for my car. Talkin to people and Judges is the best part. I don't know just the best rush in the world.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:09 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by roddymerritt
Well no wonder you guys are bored. I love shows. I don't care win or loose its all about showinf off. I love what I do and am proud of my work or my choices I make for my car. Talkin to people and Judges is the best part. I don't know just the best rush in the world.

I love talking to people, that's what makes it fun, well that and a 12 pack and some trees. I also usually pack 5-6 people in the sub so it's a good time

Trending Topics

Old 06-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CLpower
I grew out of the import scene about 4 years ago. Now it's even worse, I've been to east coast shows and they make the west coast shows look like super show status, and I still think the west shows suck.

Hot Rod shows have really picked up the last 4 years IMO. Good to see them getting their glory days back.
import scene started on the west coast and has been played out and old since around 96, 97. Probably why the shows out here suck
Old 06-07-2004, 11:19 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

I am well out of it... I did the IASCA circuit and the Import SHOW Circuit... It's all politics.. All who you know ands who you roll with.. not about yolur car!!! If you know organizers or judges you WIN... I hooked up a judge with food and drinks at Summer Slam in NJ and I won!!! The sport of showing is lost to politics...

the worst is you can't be appriciated anymore... because every 16 yr old that owns a car and watched 2F2F is doing some stupid shit... Shows are crap these days IMO!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:21 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by lowpost
import scene started on the west coast and has been played out and old since around 96, 97. Probably why the shows out here suck

I lose track of years, I probably haven't been to an import show since before I got my CL, so back in 98
Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Casper98CL
I am well out of it... I did the IASCA circuit and the Import SHOW Circuit... It's all politics.. All who you know ands who you roll with.. not about yolur car!!! If you know organizers or judges you WIN... I hooked up a judge with food and drinks at Summer Slam in NJ and I won!!! The sport of showing is lost to politics...
big fuckin

My suburban broke down on the way to a show so I took my dads woodie, there was only one other woodie there and it was hideous, the wood looked like shit, the paint was horrible. My dads car is flawless. They gave the best woodie award to the POS. The whole crowd actually boo'd. I hadn't ever seen anything like that. Turns out the owner of the other woodie was real good friend w/ the judges!