Old 10-19-2005 | 08:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by agranado
x2
X3
Old 10-19-2005 | 12:06 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Originally Posted by itzcarlooo
They said they should be getting an airshipment by thursday, and then it should be out of customs by tuesday of next week.
Originally Posted by itzcarlooo
Just got off the phone with VIS. CL hoods are in America, 4 containers are coming this week to VIS.
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
When you say hood(s) does that mean one test hood, or several hoods? Please clarify. Thanks. Can't wait to see the test fit.

Yeaaa im courious too...whats goin on? First off, I thought we all were gettin our hoods in 9-10weeks. Then, its the "testfit" hood that had to come before they shipped us ours. Then I was told they were only making 1 hood, the testfit hood, and then had to make the 19 other still (which would take about a month)

THEN, last time I talked to VIS, they said somethin about 1-3 hoods commin...sooo did they make 3 test hoods???

CARLO!?! Its weeedddnnneeesssddaayyyy.....where you be jigga!?!
( hopefully your not posting on A-Zine right now because your over at VIS takin picts?!? )

Sooo is it true they sent 3 hoods? I just dont understand why they would make 3 hoods as *testfit hoods* if they still have to make more, and risk 3 not fitting...not just risk 1.......
Old 10-19-2005 | 12:07 PM
Banned

^ i wish i dint have school so i could go check vis right now :[
Old 10-19-2005 | 12:12 PM
CL 4 LYFE

fuck school. check vis.
Old 10-19-2005 | 12:21 PM
Banned

^ das not the point, if school was local, i'd be there in a heartbeat.. cept irvine is about an hour and half away from where vis HQ is.. NOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-19-2005 | 02:49 PM

^drive fast
Old 10-19-2005 | 03:39 PM
Banned

cant. midterms so close, can't waste time..

argh, you guys waited long, just wait a few more days till the weekend.
Old 10-20-2005 | 04:07 PM
Instructor

so nothin yet huh....
Old 10-20-2005 | 04:50 PM
how handsome I am

Old 10-20-2005 | 05:08 PM
Banned

dont worry guys, im going back to hacienda heights this weekend so i will be sure to pay them a visit
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:15 PM

Its Thursday....We've heard nothing...I'm calling VIS tomorrow afternoon. I'll post up their responce after I talk to them. It should be around Noon Central Time Friday. (so 10am Cali time)
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:39 PM
B A N N E D

You know what, this is bullshit. I dont want any updates. I dont want to hear another word about our dam hoods til there in and somebody has pictures. Im so sick of hearing all these pointless updates. This buisness is absolute bullshit, and im not very happy right now. Im calling vis tommaro and they might be talking to our lawyer ( free since hes in the family ) because this was a breach of contract on the lessor, and not a bilateral mistake !!
Old 10-20-2005 | 09:26 PM
Banned

^ that works too
Old 10-20-2005 | 10:38 PM
Safety Car

and tell them they owe wil a cf hood for free......just because.
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:37 PM
The new ride

Originally Posted by wilp99
and tell them they owe wil a cf hood for free......just because.
wait wait me too, cause you konw it'll be money on a white CL
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:42 PM
CL 4 LYFE

tell vis to come to hawaii and suck my 8==========D and while theyre at it they can give me my hood.
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:48 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

this shit is making me anxious and im not even gettng one. I cant wait to see!!! HURRY THE FUCK UP VIS!!!!!

In the new import tuner VIS has a big ole carbon fiber ad!!!!
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:23 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
this shit is making me anxious and im not even gettng one. I cant wait to see!!! HURRY THE FUCK UP VIS!!!!!

In the new import tuner VIS has a big ole carbon fiber ad!!!!
bah. those fuckers.
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:26 AM
Safety Car

why the hell u smellin your phone pimpin.
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:33 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by wilp99
why the hell u smellin your phone pimpin.
jigga you two weeks late - I already explained that!

I was mad drunk posing for a picture and bam - Its my new avatar
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:40 AM
Banned

yeah.. we need to clean up this thread it's getting sidetracked like a bitch, please no more posts unless its about the hood, thanks

i know i aint a mod and shit but i'm pretty sure no one is interested in anything besides the hood
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:46 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by recycledpaper
yeah.. we need to clean up this thread it's getting sidetracked like a bitch, please no more posts unless its about the hood, thanks

i know i aint a mod and shit but i'm pretty sure no one is interested in anything besides the hood

you are right.. but shut yo ass up square, its a conversation.... they evolve, two months here and your already captain save-a-hoe...i just asked why he was snortin his phone. ive been wonderin since ive seen it.

oh i cant wait to see these hoods. <----see hood related.
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:51 AM
B A N N E D

he snorts his phone cus its A grade shit mang. is like pur co cain mang. Srate from da columbea . wash ju got mang, huh, wash u got ?
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:53 AM
Banned

i aint no captain save-a-hoe, lol, just trying to make sure this thread isnt locked/deleted like the other ones
Old 10-21-2005 | 10:28 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

And then another one will be started...Havent you noticed a trend yet? Hence the "C/F Hood Episode III.. "rolleyes:

:tomato;
Old 10-21-2005 | 10:32 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
Its Thursday....We've heard nothing...I'm calling VIS tomorrow afternoon. I'll post up their responce after I talk to them. It should be around Noon Central Time Friday. (so 10am Cali time)

dont forget to call
Old 10-21-2005 | 12:58 PM

haha i know i know...im @ work but im swamped...luckly VIS and Cali time is 2 hrs behind me...so i have more time.. I WILL CALL TODAY! just have to wait until work calms down a bit....I'll call soon and post up the reply.
Old 10-21-2005 | 03:37 PM
Scissor Me Timbers!!

[QUOTE=SwervinCL]And then another one will be started...Havent you noticed a trend yet? Hence the "C/F Hood Episode III.. QUOTE]

The next one....if this one is closed that is....will be named CF Hood Episode IV: A New Thread
Old 10-21-2005 | 03:40 PM
Scissor Me Timbers!!

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
And then another one will be started...Havent you noticed a trend yet? Hence the "C/F Hood Episode III..
If this one is closed the next one will be CF Hood Episode IV: A New Thread
Old 10-21-2005 | 05:04 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Old 10-21-2005 | 06:01 PM

Just got off the phone with vis!! GUESS WHAT!!!?!

THEY HAVE NOOO CLUE HOW THE HELL TO RUN A BUSINESS NOR DO THEY KNOW WHERE THE HOODS ARE!!!

Ive been talking to a guy named Adam. I guess he's suppost to be the guy that knows all about our hoods. Basically he told me they didnt come in, they should be here next week, and he coudnt tell me where the hoods are. I asked him if they were in America, I asked him if they were in customs, he said he didnt know, but "they should be here next week" .....(wow...VIS loves saying that dont they...thats like the 15th time they've said "They should be here next week."
Then he basically blamed it on the containers...he said the shipping got all messed up and their big problem their dealing with is the fact their products didnt come in, for SEMA.....

Soo basically, I TOLD HIM that we were told the hoods had shipped, the hoods were in america, and they were suppost to arive this week. He told me He had NO CLUE where the hoods are, all he knows is that they are suppot to arive next week. (I cant believe the man incharge of these hoods dosnt even know where his products are for his customers.

Umm guys...I think it'd be wise to start talking to Lawyers. I think VIS needs to know that we are pissed and lawyers are going to start getting involved. Then maybe the "threat of lawyers" might make them get their shit straight.

Oh, and I need a favor from anyone who lives in Cali close to VIS....
GO OVER THERE, AND BITCH SLAP THE SHIT OUTTA ALL OF THEM, & TELL THEM TO GET THEIR SHIT STRAIGHT!! ....lol

So guys, you knew it was comming, im here to bring the news..(dont shoot the messenger)
VIS SAYS ITS COMMING NEXT WEEK... (although they cant even tell me where our hoods are at...)

Originally Posted by Lunchbox
If this one is closed the next one will be CF Hood Episode IV: "Will We Ever Get Our Hoods?"
can we get this --> :rippedoff changed to "we've" ???
Old 10-21-2005 | 06:05 PM
Banned

well das pretty fucked up

how about i organize a GB with robear and you guys all get refunds

that way, we can get some better CF hoods (vacuum infused molding) and no 3 month waiting period. robear finishes in 7-8 weeks and their word is good.. BBB gave em a AA
Old 10-21-2005 | 06:09 PM
Im No Superman

there we go recycled.. keep us informed im somewhat interested depending on timing, price, whta happends xmas time too..

sorry about this shit guys.. i almost wanted to get into it by getting a shop i know has contact w/ VIS to ask some questions.. but ouch.. very ouch
Old 10-21-2005 | 06:11 PM
Banned

^

VIS is the biggest fucking joke in aftermarket parts... if a company rep cant even manage their customers and their products, they shouldnt even be a fucking business. especially that fucking carlo, i've been chill with him for long enough and he doesnt even fucking give us the right info. he lies to us so we'd stay calm.

no more shit, i'm done with VIS.
Old 10-21-2005 | 06:13 PM

yea, im sorry but this is NOT OK.....we SHOULD NOT be sitting around waiting while VIS decides to "do whatever" and get us our hoods "whenever" "duhh uhhh next week, the hoods should be next week" We've heard that soo many freakin times! We SHOULD NOT just be sitting around and lettin VIS call the shots. THESE ARE OUR HOODS & WE PAID FOR THEM!! Just because a company is unable to operate or handle any kind of customer/business relationship, SHOULD NOT mean we need & have to suffer and wait for them. We need to take action. But, if we do, we need to make sure Carlo dosnt get screwed in any way, and we also NEED TO WORK TOGETHER! If 2 or 3 of us just keep calling (like ive been doing) were not going to get anywhere with this. Theres power in numbers...so we need to act like a group buy, act like a group and take charge!

Now, anyone with Law background....what needs to be done? Do we need to get a lawyer to write a letter? Do we need to type up some kind of document and all sign it? (honestly, one of use could type up a letter, and i guess if we have to, we all could pay like 50 cents shipping to ship it from member to member and once everyones signed it, then the last person pays to send it to VIS. (really, everyone would pay like 50 cents tops for shipping...)
This also would help us get compensation (which is what we need to be trying for....im not accepting a crappy VIS t shirt as compensation for all this crap we've gone through. If i get a t-shirt, im getting drunk, buring the shirt and taking pictures of it burning, and then im sending the pictures back to VIS....seriously.

SERIOUSLY GUYS...WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER AS A GROUP!! We HAVE to do something about this!!

Originally Posted by recycledpaper
^

VIS is the biggest fucking joke in aftermarket parts... if a company rep cant even manage their customers and their products, they shouldnt even be a fucking business. especially that fucking carlo, i've been chill with him for long enough and he doesnt even fucking give us the right info. he lies to us so we'd stay calm.

no more shit, i'm done with VIS.
WHOA MAN...WHOA....calm down. we dont exactly know whats goin on. Carlo might of been right. The hoods could be in america...but VIS is just screwed up. Dont start blamin Carlo. I mean, he was finally able to get us a CF GB after all the others failed. Now I do agree he is representing all 20 of us so I do think he should be @ VIS more often demanding anwsers and getting us compensation...he basically told us he will take what VIS iffers us.
NO NO NO...VIS SHOULD GIVE US WHAT WE DEMAND! (yes, i think Carlo needs to be more agressive towards vis...and so now WE NEED TO TAKE CHARGE

but seriously...your going to back out now, then wait another 8 weeks, when prob. around the same time everyone will be gettin their VIS hoods.
Old 10-21-2005 | 06:57 PM
Instructor

My personal apologies to everyone about the VIS hoods. First let me tell you I understand where you guys are coming from and how mad you are. CJ gave me a call earlier today personally, and told me that everyone has been calling VIS and demanding where the hoods are. I'm pretty sure they told ME the same thing they told CJ, which was the same thing they told me. My Rep told me that the hoods will be in NEXT week, and that the shipping ( packing slips) are all messed up and that they never believe the packing slips. My rep told me that he feels that the hoods will be in next week FOR SURE, but then again thats what he said last week. I really don't believe anything VIS tells me anymore. To be on the aggressive side is one thing, but its another to show them the voice of a group of people. Just because I'm going to be aggressive towards them doesn't mean anything unless therse a law suit. If I yell at them, demand where the product is, they'll always say the same thing. It will only ruin the relationship between two businesses....

VIS has breached their contract, but I'm sure everyone knows it takes a lot of $$$$$$ to do a law suit against a big company. I for sure don't have that kind of money. I mean if the customers speak out, then I will support you guys. But I'm here to act as your vendor, and you have to look at it from my point of view......I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm more of a mediator and a neutral party, I'm basically stuck in the middle. I call VIS everyday and ask where the hoods are, but they say the same thing "NOT HERE YET", I call and they say "it's not on the container, the packing slip is wrong". I don't think its the sales reps fault at VIS, its more of the owners or persons in charge of the manufacturing of the hoods itself. VIS has been saying the same thing, and delaying for the past month. I know how you guys feel trust me. Everyday I hope that the hoods are here so I can take pictures of them, and show everyone!

ALL I ASK IS that you give VIS one more week, this is the last week before SEMA and they better have their products in. SEMA is basically the trade show for aftermarket parts and accessories, and everyone in the industry is getting ready for SEMA and is extremely busy before the big event. I do not know why it's taking VIS so long, it could be a number of things and reasons, but all I know is that I wan't the hoods here as bad as you guys. Coming from a business owner, this is looking bad on me and what you guys think of me. I'm trying my best to get the hoods here, but somethings are just out of my reach. I mean if I was in charge of the manufacturing then I would have a lot of control and power over it. But I dont. If I had control over it, the hoods would of been here 5 weeks ago!

I know a lot of you must be mad at me, thats okay. I can understand that you're mad at me since i'm the vendor in charge of this. But honestly, I have not been lying to you guys about the hoods, I tell you everything VIS tells me and I do not keep secerets, whatever they tell me I TELL YOU GUYS! I just want to let you know that. Throughout this whole transaction I have been telling you gusy everything, I even showed you the invoice of the hoods, most companies wouldn't even let you SEE THAT.

If you guys decide to go with another vendor..it will take another 9-10 weeks for your hoods, maybe even longer. Carbon is getting harder and harder to come by these days......a lot of people stop making carbon and most companies will be out of business in a few years. It's also getting more and more expensive as a raw material and its only getting worst. VIS may have a bad BBB rating, can't argue that. But, they are one of the biggest carbon manufacturers in the industry so you gotta give them that. If you go with a small company, you could even have bigger problems then we are having right now. It's not like your money is gone, you've invested your money in a product that is coming, it's just taking MUCH MUCH longer then expected. I came here and got your hoods made, it's even on paper, which technically whatever is in writing is a legal contract. So you guys will NEVER be assed out when it comes to the hoods, you get my drift? Just give it one more week, and we'll all work together to work something out. ONE MORE WEEK GUYS, thats all I ASK. I know you've been patient enough...but just one more week.

Have a great weekend everyone, and next week will be the week. IF NOT VIS CAN EXPECT A BIG FAT LAW SUIT.
Old 10-21-2005 | 07:05 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

^^^ hes got a point, but damn...
Old 10-21-2005 | 07:15 PM
how handsome I am

Personally I still have faith in Carloo. I would like the number to VIS though. Ill be making a phone call.
Old 10-21-2005 | 07:28 PM

Thanks Carlo!

But even if the hoods DO come next week, that dosnt make up for the fact that they've treated us like they have, plus the fact we will still have to wait to get our hoods. You guys need to remember we've waited 3 months TO SEE ONE HOOD. They still have to make the other 19ish hoods and THEN ship those. Are we going to have to wait another 3 months for the rest of the hoods!?! It took them 3 months to get 1 here. How long will it take them to get 19 more!?! (carbon fiber shortage or not) Hell, they told me it would only take 1 month to make the other 19 hoods and get them to America. They also told us 9-10 weeks and they also keep telling us, "next week, it will be here next week"

EVERYONE, Including Carlo, I'll let u know that im waiting as long as it takes, i dont think theres a point to back out now, but, even if the hood does arive next week, its not like VIS finally redeemed themselves. "ohhh congrats, it only took them OVER 3 months to get 1 hood here" And everyone knows we cant trust them...you wanna believe it will only take 1 month to make and ship the other 19 hoods?!?!

Im still saying they have treated us like shit, we deserve compensation...it dosnt matter when the test fit hood gets here. It took them 3 months to do it (violation of contract) and they still have to make and ship the other 19 hoods. Sure, im excited just like everyone else to FINALLY see the hood...but dont forget its O N E hood...not 19...they still have to make and ship the rest and i doubt that will only take 1 month "like they claim"

I still say we deserve compensation and we need to get an attorny involved. A letter from an attorny is better than nothin. Theres power in #'s...we deserve MAJOR compensation.

I've PM'ed Shavedh22CL and asked for his help. He works with attornys and hopefully he can give us some advice from his co-workers.

I donno about the rest of you, but everyones excited to see ONE hood, which took 3 months to get. Honestly, the way VIS has treated us, I'd say the battle isnt even 1/2 over. We still need to fight for whats right...dont just give up because you finally see 1 hood....remember, NO ONE is getting their hood until all 20 our finished and here...we all in the together until the end...we must still fight for compensation....it dosnt matter anymore on how long we give VIS or if "we wait 1 more week, the hood will be in next week, just wait one more week" ...who cares... their already late and will prob. contnue to be late with the other 19 hoods.

Quick Reply: C/F Hood Episode III: Revenge of the Thread