AYO!!!! Shaved emblem still shows

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 11:53 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AYO!!!! Shaved emblem still shows

Man i shaved my ACURA symblom the other day by peeling it off then takig off the sticky stuff with goo off, but the acura markings still show. It looks like the paint chipped off when i took it off.

what should i do? Use some touch up paint on it? Or just put the emblem back on, it makes me real pist off off. How much will a pro cost to do it correctly?

thanks

jeeks
Old 07-19-2001, 01:11 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

dude.. how did you remove them... ? I do this for a living.... All you should have done was use your finger names and a soft rag to remove glue with an adhesive remover...

If you scratched or peeled the paint.. just throw the emblems back on or repaint your trunk...
if its not chipped... then the "ghost" of your emblems may be caused by your paint fading by the sun.... and there isnt much you can do except try buffing it....

So.. go luck...!!!! but thats the best you can do in any situation!
Old 07-19-2001, 02:40 AM
Everybody Wang Chung

Yeah I had that same problem, luckily my friend details cars so he buffed it out for me.
Old 07-19-2001, 03:05 AM
8th Gear

I don't think you should debadge the car. why would you debadge your car - what you get is a car that looks naked and like it was stolen. don't do it.

-Mico R.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:21 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think you should debadge the car. why would you debadge your car - what you get is a car that looks naked and like it was stolen. don't do it.
-Mico R.
Not at all... It looks clean, sharp and it accents the body lines and color of the car... why should you be a bill board on wheels when you can be sleek and drive in unique beauty!!!
Old 07-19-2001, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I have nothing against Acura, but I just don't like the way the badges look on most cars. Hopefully we will be able to take a picture of my trunk this weekend and I'll show you how clean my trunk looks. I thought it would look too plain without any lettering, so I have the Acura symbol and the lettering from the TL underneath. I think it looks great!
Old 07-19-2001, 01:41 PM
i like chicken

i had the same problem but my paint didnt chip, i had the ghost from fading. there is really nothing you can do except try to buff the fade out.
Old 07-19-2001, 06:19 PM
Adrienne

I don't have a fading ghost.. I have what looks like raised clear coat; like, there's a clear painted outline of 3.0CL... it's very annoying, because I've lightly scratched the paint trying to get rid of that.

Will rubbing compound take care of that? Like I said, the colors aren't different; I just have that outline there in clear coat. I'll take a pic tonight after I wax to show you what I mean.
Old 07-19-2001, 06:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Removing emblems is one of the mods I least understand. Reading this forum has helped me somewhat, because I see that some folks want a "cleaner" look on the back of their car. But I'm proud to own an Acura, and especially to have a 3.0CL! I guess that's why they just stick on, so that people who don't want them can take them off.

Now answer me this: why do presitigious, expensive cars (like the BMW M5) allow you to buy them from the factory with no badging at all? If I bought an M5, I'd want the whole WORLD to know it!
Old 07-19-2001, 07:05 PM
Adrienne

I don't know the answer to your question about the M5, I agree tho, THEY should come with badges.

As for my debadging, I didn't take off anything but the 3.0CL; I haven't even taken off Acura wording on the left of the bumper. I replaced the circle A badge with a white one, but I definitely wanted an A. I am VERY proud to drive my Acura; I just don't want people to know I am driving the 3.0 (for racing purposes; most people my age drive the 2.2, and at the stoplight race, if you can't see what I am driving, you'll assume it's a 2.2, but then I take off and you realize that I have a V6; it's just a psychological thing for me.)
Old 07-19-2001, 07:36 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

angel is 100% correct... its definitely a phsycological factor as well as a cosmetic one... I have all the A's on my car just not original A's... they sare decals that reflect at night and are semi-hidden during the day... I also wrote acura in traditional logo font on side molding in the same reflective decals... Im not ashamed to show what i drive, its how i show it that counts for me.. and IMO, acura shows it in a damn ugly way!!!
Old 07-19-2001, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Iceman:
<STRONG>Removing emblems is one of the mods I least understand. Reading this forum has helped me somewhat, because I see that some folks want a "cleaner" look on the back of their car. But I'm proud to own an Acura, and especially to have a 3.0CL! I guess that's why they just stick on, so that people who don't want them can take them off.

Now answer me this: why do presitigious, expensive cars (like the BMW M5) allow you to buy them from the factory with no badging at all? If I bought an M5, I'd want the whole WORLD to know it! </STRONG>
Hmmm...I'd beg differ only in that if you have those emblems on your car...someone will come and debadge them for you, usually with a screwdriver and with the emphasize on speed and not your paint job...
Old 07-19-2001, 11:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Hmmmm... I hadn't thought of that. I guess there's a black market for everything these days, and people all too willing to screw someone else for their own benefit.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:20 AM
AWD Torque Monster

i took off the acura and 2.2CL and put a new red and chrome A on the back. i got a cheap one so if some wants to steal it i dont really give a shit. and becuase our trunks have a point and not flat it is very easy to just rip off and no damamge will occur.