Attemped Car Jacking

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Attemped Car Jacking

on wednesday night-morning around 2am which is early for a car jacking, i hear from my room a car with a loud exhaust (more like an exhaust leak sound then a OE muffler). so i run to my front door and see a green EJ civic coupe with its lights off (not a good car to bring to a jackin either). i just chill by my door for a minute to wait to see what is goin on, then from the passenger seat comes from what i can describe as a overweight hispanic male in his late teen early twenties with a big ponytail and apporaches my car. soo i set my panic button off and flip my house lights on before he gets close enough. he immediatley dips back into the civic and they throw the car in reverse and book it up my street, which is a dead end. the most disturbing part was the piece of cardboard squeezed in between the plate and the plate frame to cover up the plate #. i wait a minute put a shirt on and to and put my alpha lock around the wheel and take my ECU out (which should of been done in the 1st place, had i not been so lazy) and just sleep on my couch for the rest of the night.

this shit sucks, i have enough in my life to worry about then my DD gettin jacked so some piece of shit can have a fast H2B swap in his bubble. i didnt really wanna share this with you guys cuz its "off topic" but for all you guys with H swaps or what not, just realize dont sleep on the fact that just becuase you have a CL as opposed to a Civic or integra, that doesnt mean your car isnt theft prone.

my advice is watch where you post your car and who you associate with. and please stay away from b20vtec.com which is a NJ/NY forum and is a breeding ground for local thieves, unforunately i'm on that site selling things and posting and i almost learned the hard way. and also watch out for what meets you go to.

extra precautions should be a "alpha lock" and the removal of your ECU everynight, also have a decent alarm, something i dont have. killswtiches also help too.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:00 AM
The Hefty 2.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suck to hear this... good thing nothing happened. You should notify your neighbors about possible car break-ins.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn man, that does suck. Just be careful though messing with these thieves, at the end of the day it's just a car and it's not worth the possible shooting/stabbing. With that said, I think you handled it well to set off the alarm rather than run outside and try to confront them.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:21 AM
6spder

man, i got my legend broken into last summer. it was terrible. they stole alot of shit. including my HU, 2 amps, 200+cd's, 2 sets of oakley glasses, plus a pipe and a biggie, LOL. they would have jacked my subs too if they were in the car. my dumbass also had my wallet chillin in the center console, thats actually how they got cought. they smoked my dope, got hungry, went to the local denney's (which has camera's) wearing my oakley's and used my CC. i've been over protective ever since. its a quiet neighborhood around here too. I think they were also going to try and get into my sister's car but didn't. If i had caught them in the act, i would have come out shotting my desert eagle, on second thought, not b/c i don't keep bullets for it, i get em at the range when i go shooting.....

you got lucky. its the worst feeling in the world to be violated like that.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Man nothing scares me more than someone tryin to jack my shit, good thing you were awake
Old 12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
damn... yea that website is full of fucking low lifes... but stay on the look out now, cuz they know where u park ur car...
Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
damn man. that sucks. I pay an extra 100 a month just to have a garage. garages ftw!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
damnnnn matt! I'm glad nothing happened. I hate thieves with a passion.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DoubleSh0t
Damn man, that does suck. Just be careful though messing with these thieves, at the end of the day it's just a car and it's not worth the possible shooting/stabbing. With that said, I think you handled it well to set off the alarm rather than run outside and try to confront them.
yea i didnt wanna get blown away in my boxers. i was thinking about getting my dads gun but its not really worth it, and i didnt wanna get them involved, i didnt even tell them. and my neighbor who re-builds corvette's knows the scene, he's protective of his vettes and my car. unforunately he'll be at work for 2 weeks at a time and then be home 3 weeks at a time, so hes inconsistent. and my polish immigrant neighbors have no idea whats going on. lol
Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Alperovich
man, i got my legend broken into last summer. it was terrible. they stole alot of shit. including my HU, 2 amps, 200+cd's, 2 sets of oakley glasses, plus a pipe and a biggie, LOL. they would have jacked my subs too if they were in the car. my dumbass also had my wallet chillin in the center console, thats actually how they got cought. they smoked my dope, got hungry, went to the local denney's (which has camera's) wearing my oakley's and used my CC. i've been over protective ever since. its a quiet neighborhood around here too. I think they were also going to try and get into my sister's car but didn't. If i had caught them in the act, i would have come out shotting my desert eagle, on second thought, not b/c i don't keep bullets for it, i get em at the range when i go shooting.....

you got lucky. its the worst feeling in the world to be violated like that.
i got my HU stolen before which sucked, but that would have no where near compared if i got my whole car bagged on me.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:41 PM
#GOBULLS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Good catch man. I always worry about someone messing with my car. Maybe you should file a police report and describe what you saw.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Guitarded

That sucks big time man. Good thing you were awake.

People have tried to break into cars in my driveway before. We've waken up to seeing marks on the doors from people trying to get in. This was before I had my CL though.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
where is....

digital cameras ftw..
sucks about your situation though.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Man, might not be a bad idea to invest in a cheap little camera system to mount outside to record and watch your car, I'm gettin one real soon. Glad I have a garage too, I had people snoopin my car a few times when I used to park street side at my first place.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

get a removable steering wheel?

when i read the thread about carjacking, i thought OH SHITT.. u had a attempted grand theft auto
Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
get a removable steering wheel?

when i read the thread about carjacking, i thought OH SHITT.. u had a attempted grand theft auto
i'm actually lookin for a S2K one.

fuck that im trying to be a cop, im reckless but not that reckless. lol
Old 12-09-2007, 02:17 PM
HEET Miser

scumbags. be careful matt, you're a good, smart + likely tough kid, but you know these ppl are fucking savages.
prob take a while, but they or someone in their circle could be back, considering they know what you got, where to find it, and now, which house to scope. give po a buzz next time, even if they're not so fast; they can pull anything fitting the script in the n-hood, and pop 'em for having the tools/maybe weapons. camera's not a bad idea, but really won't save your car, fast as these ppl are known to operate. if you want to go that route, though, (i do video for work) you can get a good time-lapse vcr from B&H for like 300, and mount up a cam to it -- any B+W ccd-based cam should work great work with an IR floodlight for night, they use em in movie theaters, (so yeah, folks, that handjob you got during 'gothika' may be archived, lol); you just set it and forget it, rewind the vcr tape every 3 days.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Suzuka Master

i would do the whole camera thing but i dont wanna get my parents involved. cuz they'll just bitch at me even more about how i ruined a nice car and now that i got scum bags from my city or the next city over trying to steal my car.

i appreciate the advice though.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

I know how you guys feel, lastnight my car was vandalized pretty bad when I got home from work around 3 am. slashed tires broken tails beat up hood.......(sigh).......thank god i have a dog with a big bark. But I think a chick was gettin back at me, still trying to find out who though . Now the rents are getting an auto-light system installed.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Wouldn't hurt to take some fuses out if you don't want to unbolt the ECU every night. No garage?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

only a one car which houses either a 01 camry or 03 accord.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:49 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Tell your fam to leave their cars outside
Old 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
damn Matt. sorry to hear man. the boot would def help but so would removing your ecu. be careful because you could even be gone for an hour and they could jack your shit. make sure you have a backup besides your ecu. ecu could be overnight. i would rewire your fuel pump with a switch in your console. cut the wire below your seat and hide a switch. good luck man. let me know if you need any help. ill pick up the manual tentioner as soon as i can
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
SOLD

Definitely fucked up man, but that's how they do it around Brick City. Have you ever seen a car similar to that around where you live/work/hangout? Chances are, if they had an overly audible exhaust and a Honda AND are trying to jack your car, they may be covertly associated with you or an enthusiast/chopshop/underground group somehow. Even if they could only assume your were modded, I'm guessing they weren't just rolling through your neighborhood and happened upon your car.
I just read another thread about a CL break in and recommended a custom alarm and tint as far as break ins are concerned. Seeing a red and a blue blinking light (stock alarm+shock alarm+ engine kill) and having dark tint so people can't see in the car prevents most problems, plus in a window break situation the tint helps a bit to keep your window together.
Whenever I hear loud exhaust or cars stop around my house or anything I always jump out of bed and look out the window. Paranoid? Yes, but it also helps prevent BS and plus I am a light sleeper anyways. Several years before the CL I heard a car door open outside and realized I didn't lock my doors that night, so I popped up and looked out the window. Some kids were looking through my car, and I knew I had my stash of...uh...stuff I won't mention (good weed) in there and they were jacking it, if not other things. I busted out my front door barefoot in only shorts and chased these two fools a good 1/4 mile, then they jumped a fence and ran down by this creek/park area and I didn't wanna hop so I yelled "don't you ever fucking try that bullshit again or next time you won't leave without bleeding". Nothing lost so it was all good. After telling the story to my friend and his brother his brother seemed suspect, and he told his brother a couple weeks later it was him and his boy. So next time I saw them I called em out and asked why they were trying to jack me and asked exactly WTF they were thinking. They didn't have anything to say except "sorry, don't be mad" and I told them they were lucky I didn't have a gun or they might not be breathing, and I would've made em pay for the shit if they took it.

DAMN TO HELL all the haters and jackers in this world, get your OWN shit, I earned mine!

EDIT: Last time I saw stats, H/A was againthe number one jacked car brand...
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I'd def be on the look for that car wherever at meets or w/e
Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts
lucky i get to park in a garage. one of the reasons i wont get a double din.
ppl jacked my parents 92 camry before. glad you caught those ****ers
Old 12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I love having a garage
Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but haven't you purchased parts without caring where they came from origionally....funny how things come full circle sometimes.

Whats an alpha lock by the way?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 972xghost
i would do the whole camera thing but i dont wanna get my parents involved. cuz they'll just bitch at me even more about how i ruined a nice car and now that i got scum bags from my city or the next city over trying to steal my car.
Been there, done that. I was in the same boat as you with my prelude. I miss it every so often, but dont miss the negative attention one bit. One day, you'll see. You may think it will never happen but you'll grow out of it.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mach30SiR
Not trying to be a dick, but haven't you purchased parts without caring where they came from origionally....funny how things come full circle sometimes.

alpha locks are those red boots people put around there caring preventing them to move pretty much.

im saying i would, but i havent bought anything for my car like that.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate that insecure feeling.

luckily they have gates at my apartment complex.

i have the carport and bright ass light, along with raccoons defending my shit.

didn't stop a crackhead from hitting my car though...
Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Suzuka Master

this is an alpha lock.

http://www.alphalock.com/
Old 12-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mach30SiR

i remember him stating that he wouldnt care whether they were stolen or not.
i guess that just part of being in the ny/nj honda scene. the less you flaunt your shit and less mods you have like subs, decks, rims...turns out better for your car.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 PM
where is....

im pretty sure he didnt buy a "hot" h22, im pretty sure he bought a legit one.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Suzuka Master

like i wouldnt go as far as buying a stolen H22 with a filed down serial number (you can actually get in trouble for that), but if i was in the market for cams or a new header, i wouldnt press the issue with the seller if its stolen or not.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Instructor

do you have auto lock?? thats what i use for my car..if they really want your car they would have to tow it.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Racer

that alpha lock looks like a load of bs. it only supports 3500 pounds, once you hit the gas that isnt shit, and you could take it off with a sawzall easily in under a minute with the right blade.

switch for the fuel pump ftw. another reason why i like popper doors too, harder to slim jim, and you cant just get your lock picked.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Suzuka Master

no one would be stupid enough to drive away with an alpha lock on your wheel, it will destroy the bumper fender, etc. it will make a shitload of noise. tons of people mostly tuners have them.

i take my ECU out usually every night, but since im OBD-1 now alot of thieves bring OBD-1 ECU's with them.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Wow, bringing an ecu with them is really excessive, but like we always say, if they really want it they will get it Think I need to invest in some lojack
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Suzuka Master

its actually not as excessive as you think. there very easy to get. i mean at one time i had 4 ECU's my garage, think how many thieves may have just lyin around.

Quick Reply: Attemped Car Jacking