alpine cd player

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 02:55 PM
I'll do just one!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alpine cd player

Does anyone know if the alpine outputs in the back of a cd player are different in England than here? Especially for the alpine cda's 2005's.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by golfindude
Does anyone know if the alpine outputs in the back of a cd player are different in England than here? Especially for the alpine cda's 2005's.

thats a classic....
Old 01-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

Should be a standard RCA plug.

And how is that classic? if you are so smart then why didnt you post a simple answer and be done with it?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:31 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by LCARUCA 97
Should be a standard RCA plug.

And how is that classic? if you are so smart then why didnt you post a simple answer and be done with it?

standard rule of thumb, dont post when you dont know.. it shouldnt be anything it COULD be anything, now, if after reading your post he bought the wrong things something like that and it ended up not working i'm pretty sure he would be pretty pissed... it was a classic becuase i am 99 percent sure that nobody on here has any idea what kind of connections a cd player from another country would have..
Old 01-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

actually i do know for a fact. i am a member of a av board where most members are from the uk and other foreign countries and they all use the same connectors for their stuff. In fact.......there is only one european type connector i can think of (AES/EBU) and it has nothing to do with car audio. You should be in good shape to go ahead and buy what you want. Almost everything in cars and car audio is standardized between countries.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
standard rule of thumb, dont post when you dont know.. it shouldnt be anything it COULD be anything, now, if after reading your post he bought the wrong things something like that and it ended up not working i'm pretty sure he would be pretty pissed... it was a classic becuase i am 99 percent sure that nobody on here has any idea what kind of connections a cd player from another country would have..
People typically know that when they ask questions in a place like this, they might not always get a definitive answer - if 10 people all chime in and say the same thing, then yeah, it's a pretty safe bet. But if 1 person chimes in with something like "I think" or "It should", it's pretty well understood to take it for what it's worth. Maybe it's right, maybe it's not. The point is, if you run out and buy something because someone tells you something "should" be correct, that's your problem, not the person who told you.

Anyway, you could always ask their customer support:
support@alpine-electronics.co.uk
I've gotten responses from their American counterparts, so it's worth a shot.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
An RCA cable is an RCA cable. Here, Africa, Europe, etc... Being a member of an A/V board means jack shit here. I've said it before....
There is a HUGE difference between knowing how to do IT, and doing IT for a living.

My girlfriend knows how to fly a plane! You think I'm getting in a plane with her?

shineynitelite.... SLAP to the hand for you! You should be ashamed. I know for a fact that there are cars in Algeria that have um, RCA plugs with, umm... monsters and cyborgs coming out of them. And you just can't go PLUGGING them in to things.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

do you have enough crack for all of us ??
Old 02-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro

do you have enough crack for all of us ??
now thats a classic....
Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by uncald4
An RCA cable is an RCA cable. Here, Africa, Europe, etc... Being a member of an A/V board means jack shit here. I've said it before....
There is a HUGE difference between knowing how to do IT, and doing IT for a living.

My girlfriend knows how to fly a plane! You think I'm getting in a plane with her?

shineynitelite.... SLAP to the hand for you! You should be ashamed. I know for a fact that there are cars in Algeria that have um, RCA plugs with, umm... monsters and cyborgs coming out of them. And you just can't go PLUGGING them in to things.

well if you take into acount that a great number of different countries around teh world have different types of HOME plugs.. anythings possible.. duhhh i wouldnt fly with her either.. crack head flying??
Old 02-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I'll do just one!

Well thanx for all of your input. I ended up buying the head unit from mobile one anyway instead of ebay. I bought it for cost through a friend.
I do only have one more question.
Does anyone know if a kicker kx 400x1 will push 2 12" w3 v2d2?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
That amp pushes almost 450watts. A 12 dub 3 is 250 watts RMS or so. So you'd be shorting them a bit of power. Give the subs a tad more box room and they should beat quite nicely. Have fun with it man. And get a damn alarm!!