Alarm sounds during t-storm, now won't reactivate!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 06:39 AM
That's unacceptable.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm sounds during t-storm, now won't reactivate!

When I purchased my '98 2.3 CL a month or so ago, I didn't have a remote. So...the dealer ordered and programmed an OEM remote about a week ago. When using the remote to unlock the car I hear two 'chirps' and one 'chirp' when locking. Of course, after I lock the car (w/ or w/o remote) the SECURITY light on the driver's side door flashes. Over the past few days we've had some nasty t-storms. When the thunder gets severe enough to shake the ground a bit, my alarm just starts going off. I heard it and clicked the unlock button on the remote to silence it. This happened 3x last night during a bad storm.

This morning, however, when locking/unlocking car w/ remote, no 'chirp' sound, and when the car is locked the SECURITY light on door doesn't flash. WTF?? Owners's manual doesn't give any instruction on this one. It just says to silence alarm by unlocking the door. Wonder why the alarm has basically been deactivated since then. A neighbor's Toyota has an alarm that goes off if thunder is bad enough, so perhaps our CL's alarms are just touchy?

Any advice would be welcome!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the fuse, that's all I can think of
Old 06-30-2005, 10:26 AM
That's unacceptable.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think I should try reprogramming the remote using the instructions below from an old thread??

I also forgot to mention that when the alarm just went off during a storm Tue evening, I hit unlock to silence it. Then the SECURITY light wouldn't blink and no 'chirp'. But...it still went off again yesterday!!

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Try reprograming the remote here are the instructions

1. Turn the ignition switch on (II on the ignition)<BR>
2. W/in 1-4sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit. (Just at the steering wheel is fine)<BR>
3. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ignition switch off<BR>
4. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ignition switch on(II)<BR>
5. W/in 1-4, push the transmitter lock or unlock button w/ the transmitter aimed at the receiver again.<BR>
6. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ign. switch off<BR>
7. W/in 4sec, turn the ignition switch On(II)<BR>
8. w/in 1-4sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock again.<BR>
9. w/in 4 sec, turn the ign off<BR>
10. w/in 4 sec, turn the ign ON<BR>
11. W/in 1-4, push the transmitter again<BR>
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door actuators. W/in 1-4sec, push the trans lock or unlock button again.<BR>
13. W/in 10sec, aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.<BR>
14. Turn the ignition switch off, and pull out the key.<BR>
15. Confirm proper operation with the new codes<BR>